IGNORED

Stoke City (h)

Guest rusty747

Barry is truly awful. Has been all season. After this game I have lost all faith in this season. A load of shit. Martinez needs to change a lot of things, starting with Coleman, Barry and Lukaku.

I truly believe Browning, Besic/Gibson and Kone/McLeanley have a lot more to offer right now.

Teams are being constantly praised by the way they press us and I think the praise is very very kind. We are playing absolutely shite no matter what level of pressure the opposition has on us. As soon as they press we crumble, have done all season its embarrassing. Would rather g back to fucking long ball than carry on like this.

One more thing, stop playing our players when they are nowhere near fit, its happened over and over again all season, and stop playing others out of position. Barkley is not a winger and he never will be.

100% Martinez. Sort it out.

agree except at the browning/mcaleny part

Christ. You only have to go back not many years and we were bottom at Christmas. You should have been watching us in the 90s mate. This is like watching Brazil compared.

I've only been able to go off of old footage for those seasons but expectations wise, we were supposed to be challenging for a top 6 spot again this year and now... we're pretty much in a bottom half of the table scrap

I can't put blame on Roberto for the first half because there's a lot of different things that could've happened... whether it was the red card, the pen not being given or us finishing one of our good chances.

The two BIG problems I'm seeing are that 1. We aren't playing with any confidence, especially Barkley and Coleman and 2. We were piss poor in the second. Surely he has to take some blame but is it sack worthy? I can't really say, never felt this way before.

I can't put blame on Roberto for the first half because there's a lot of different things that could've happened... whether it was the red card, the pen not being given or us finishing one of our good chances.

The two BIG problems I'm seeing are that 1. We aren't playing with any confidence, especially Barkley and Coleman and 2. We were piss poor in the second. Surely he has to take some blame but is it sack worthy? I can't really say, never felt this way before.

That first season of luck has royally fucked us.... On that basis alone he's going to get at least two seasons of mid/lower table finishes. We are an absolute shambles atm.

Fuck the two sitting midfielders off!!! We don't fucking need them. McCarthy came back and done pretty well in the circumstances but all those saying "we really miss McCarthy" are wrong! The problem is much bigger than that...the whole team is stale and I blame Martinez and his back room staff for being stubborn and not changing a failing system!

I'm so fucked off!

Edited by MC11

Another fucking piss poor performance , gutless, onedimensional, clueless dross.

Martinez is fucking destroying us, I fucking warned everyone. He's taken a good side and knockedall the confidence out of them, he's asking good players to play in a system and way they are no good at. Players playing out of position, half fit players, playing favourites no plan B.

We've turned into a slightly better Wigan.

Too goodto go down? So were Leedsand Newcastle. Can anyone see where our next win is coming from becauseI can't.

Fucking woeful.

Last 15 min were dreadful to watch. Was McCarthy started because Besic was sick? might seem so. I feel that Martinez's hand was forced on team selection. Jagielka, Howard. Why can't Martinez give Kone a chance? Or Garbutt? Lukaku needs to grab some bench. Its not just Lukaku's problem it seems that the majority of the team is not in sync and are vacant on ideas going forward.

That first season of luck has royally fucked us.... On that basis alone he's going to get at least two seasons of mid/lower table finishes. We are an absolute shambles atm.

Fuck the two sitting midfielders off!!! We don't fucking need them. McCarthy came back and done pretty well in the circumstances but all those saying "we really miss McCarthy" are wrong! The problem is much bigger than that...the whole team is stale and I blame Martinez and his back room staff for being stubborn and not changing a failing system!

I'm so fucked off!

I think I've joined the sack Martinez corner MC, this has just been dreadful. If a system isn't working (and players aren't confident) you need to change it and he's refused to do it. Truly truly awful feeling right now.

I think I've joined the sack Martinez corner MC, this has just been dreadful. If a system isn't working (and players aren't confident) you need to change it and he's refused to do it. Truly truly awful feeling right now.

Moyes finished seventeenth in his second season, you can join the corner if you like but it ain't going to happen, nor should it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha all the sack bobby can go and fuck themselves. We are playing absolute shite and are mid table and knockout stages of Europe. Yes his system has been found out a bit but I or anybody else cannot blame him for Barkley jogging around and being inept when it comes to awareness on the ball, he can't be blamed for Coleman playing like he's back in the Irish league, he can't be blames for Naismith and lukaku following each other around when they have been put in different positions, he can't be blamed for a good defence going bad. Everyone said we have a foundation at the back so he dorsnt need to touch it. He hasn't and all he has asked professional defenders to do is to pass a bit more and they've been found wanting. He is so concerned with individual mistakes at the back that he feels he has to play with two defensive midfielders...... If anyone mentions sacking Martinez do me a favour and go fuck yourselves.

Edited by Brett Angel

Moyes finished seventeenth in his second season, you can join the corner if you like but it ain't going to happen, nor should it.

You're the exact type of fella who'll give a vote of confidence until the shit really hits the fan! - relegation threat and only then.

I don't think he should be sacked "yet" I think we should maybe give him another year.... This time next season if there's no change he's needs to be gone. A good side has turned into a boring frail side.

The school of science is not back!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha all the sack bobby can go and fuck themselves. We are playing absolute shite and are mid table and knockout stages of Europe. Yes his system has been found out a bit but I or anybody else cannot blame him for Barkley jogging around and being inept when it comes to awareness on the ball, he can't be blamed for Coleman playing like he's back in the Irish league, he can't be blames for Naismith and lukaku filling eachother around when they have been put in different positions, he can't be blamed for a good defence going bad. Everyone said we have a foundation at the back so he dorsnt need to touch it. He hasn't and all he has asked professional defenders to do is to pass a bit more and they've been found wanting. He is so concerned with individual mistakes at the back that he feels he has to play with two defensive midfielders...... If anyone mentions sacking Martinez do me a favour and go fuck yourselves.

You go fuck yourself Shirley and stop blaming the players for our managers inept tactics.

I don't want to feel so knee jerkish Mike but something needs to change. I want to see the squad play with confidence. I want to see up put together more than 3 passes once teams press us. I want to see a change in tactics and not the same thing that isn't working this season again and again. I guess I'm just so let down because expectations were great this year. Injuries have played a part but... I just need to relax and calm down. I want to believe in RM I truly do but form wise, we are a relegation team right now. If we can't beat Hull or Stoke... then who are we beating?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha all the sack bobby can go and fuck themselves. We are playing absolute shite and are mid table and knockout stages of Europe. Yes his system has been found out a bit but I or anybody else cannot blame him for Barkley jogging around and being inept when it comes to awareness on the ball, he can't be blamed for Coleman playing like he's back in the Irish league, he can't be blames for Naismith and lukaku following each other around when they have been put in different positions, he can't be blamed for a good defence going bad. Everyone said we have a foundation at the back so he dorsnt need to touch it. He hasn't and all he has asked professional defenders to do is to pass a bit more and they've been found wanting. He is so concerned with individual mistakes at the back that he feels he has to play with two defensive midfielders...... If anyone mentions sacking Martinez do me a favour and go fuck yourselves.

We've lost to a Southampton team that had half their starting XI out and a shite Stoke City side. Not to mention the draw against Hull. We've played a very poor possession based style that has given us a 60%+ possession but nothing to show for it. The players are playing without confidence at the moment. Everyone knows Naismith shouldn't be on the wings and yet there he is. He's rushed players back time and time again and for all we know, Stones may be out again. Coleman/Baines don't simply go from the best fullbacks last season to crap this season without him having something to do with it and I just think the players don't believe in him. I agree with your Barkley point, but again, he's playing without confidence at the moment and it's a manager's job the help change that.

Again I acknowledge I'm being a bit knee jerkish but no I won't go fuck myself thank you very much :).

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha all the sack bobby can go and fuck themselves. We are playing absolute shite and are mid table and knockout stages of Europe. Yes his system has been found out a bit but I or anybody else cannot blame him for Barkley jogging around and being inept when it comes to awareness on the ball, he can't be blamed for Coleman playing like he's back in the Irish league, he can't be blames for Naismith and lukaku filling eachother around when they have been put in different positions, he can't be blamed for a good defence going bad. Everyone said we have a foundation at the back so he dorsnt need to touch it. He hasn't and all he has asked professional defenders to do is to pass a bit more and they've been found wanting. He is so concerned with individual mistakes at the back that he feels he has to play with two defensive midfielders...... If anyone mentions sacking Martinez do me a favour and go fuck yourselves.

Can't be blamed for the defence being shite? Who the fuck has got them passing it round like they're Real Madrid. Asking Jagielka, Distin, coleman and Baines to play out of defence like they're Cafu, Busquettes, Bobby Moore and Alves. They're about as comfortable doing that as a woman in a rapists anonymous meeting. He's telling them to play like that. As much as I agree with a lot of what you say about Barkley he is playing him out of position. Our full backs are being snuffed out cos we never ever play differently. We are so predictable, have your team right and left mids drop own deep half way between the mid and full back position and double up on them and hey presto they're out the game.

Brett, he is to blame for it all. His single bloddy mindedness in perceviering with tactics that aren't working he never even put a sub on against Soton he's fucking shocking.

He got that season out of being in the right place at the right time. Any manager could have come in and breathed new life into that squad. Moyes had assembled an excellent squad it had just ran its course like a married couple going through the morions, he came in and all of a sudden the sides scrubbing up well. Twelve months down the line and the cracks are appearing already.

People saying Moyes finished 17th in his second season, he did but with a squad that had been flirting with relegation for seasons, we were a team on the slide, he halted it and dragged us up kicking and screaming. Martinez has inheritted a top 6 side with quality players and been given 36 million pounds worth of backing in his first summer transfer window and we're going down faster than a two bob whore on Netherfield Rd.

He's to blame for the wholesorry mess starting with the shocking pre season preperations right the way to his positive persona.

In short he's fucking ruining us.

You go fuck yourself Shirley and stop blaming the players for our managers inept tactics.

Your the typical dickhead who goes the game to moan, the players where scared to get hold of the ball cause of the likes of you. And your the type of supporter who will work through managers like sweets. It's far more complicated then what you see through those dozy fucking eyes of yours.

Guys the manager has to take the blame, but the players do as well.

I watched Barkley lose the ball and stand there like a pedestrian while they carried the ball forward and got into a shooting position.

I watched Coleman on several occasions do the token run the them down but don't tackle....Just to make it look like your covering mileage.

I watched Stones panick and clear the ball to them so many times.

The manager doesn't teach this, they ate grown adults not kids. They should be able to stand like leaders...this is the premier league.

Players need to stand up and be counted, not just make up numbers.

Guest rusty747

I missed the game as I had to go to a polo match and drink lots of beer at Desert Palms in Dubai but I have now seen the highlights and it isn't good is it.

Changes need to be made for Newcastle for many reasons. First Nais is suspended, Howard is probably out injured and Jags and Mirallas have to be doubtful. But mainly, changes need to be made to freshen up a stale, underperforming, underconfident, poorly managed bunch of players.

I have now had enough of Martinez. He is a one trick pony who has had his only game planned sussed and isn't clever enough to come up with a plan b. If he had any integrity he would acknowledge this fact and quit. Right now.

For Newcastle we need to shake things up to give underconfident players a rest and new guys an opportunity.

Robles

Hibbert stones Alcaraz Garbutt

Besic Barkley

Mcgeady Eto'o Mirallas/Oviedo

Kone

Edited by rusty747

You're the exact type of fella who'll give a vote of confidence until the shit really hits the fan! - relegation threat and only then.

I don't think he should be sacked "yet" I think we should maybe give him another year.... This time next season if there's no change he's needs to be gone. A good side has turned into a boring frail side.

:huh:

You're criticising me for supposedly only getting worried when we're in a relegation fight but then you say you'd give him another year to sort it. So presumably if this year does turn into a relegation fight you'd keep him anyway. So you'd give him a vote of confidence longer than I would but you're citicising me for keeping the faith.

Contradiction in action.

And, just out of interest even though you already know what sort of person I am, if we were still in this mess in twelve months time I'd be at the front of the "sack him" line.

THis season was always going to be tougher than last season. Robbie's first big test is now: How can he pick the team up and adadt his tactics to counteract the blockers that other teams are putting on us? If he's the manager that many think he is, then he'll find a way, if not then he'll pay with his job. But it won't be this season.

My biggest worry is that he doesn't seem able to motivate the players like he did last season. You could see we were a team last season and that they played for the guy, but no evidence of that this time. We lost today to a gutsy Stoke side who came and played to a plan, and it worked. We weren't helped by a few appalling decisions, but the fact is we didn'

step up to a Stoke side who were there for the taking - partly the players fault, partly Robbie's for not being able to motivate them.

DOn't know who we've got next but we really need a win AND a performance from the team.

Stones isn't anywhere near fit. It should be Alcaraz and Distin against Newcastle, or if Distin isn't available it should be Barry dropping back.

If there are going to be two players in front of the back four one of them needs to be Barkley.

Newcastle will go 4-4-2 and we should as well with Kone one of the two.

Today and the last month really have been shocking, for me he had to pick form players in proper positions, until he does that we can only really judge his decisions.

Guest rusty747

I do agree Chicago Blue. I only saw the highligjts but if Stones isnt fit and Jags is injured then Alcaraz and Distin for me at the back. I also agree that if we plat 2 DMs that one has to be Barkley. Unfortunately, that leaves us not much to choose from up front but I also agree that Kone has to start.

I do agree Chicago Blue. I only saw the highligjts but if Stones isnt fit and Jags is injured then Alcaraz and Distin for me at the back. I also agree that if we plat 2 DMs that one has to be Barkley. Unfortunately, that leaves us not much to choose from up front but I also agree that Kone has to start.

Imo if we play two defensive mids they have to be McCarthy and Besic (if fit and well).