IGNORED

Stoke City (h)

Guest rusty747

We need to get rid of the two "defensive mids" altogether. That's part of the reason it isn't working! We need 1 sitter and another who can play a bit next to him.

"We need them so Coleman and Baines can go forward" - ain't happening change the fookin system.... Starting in the middle!

We need to get rid of the two "defensive mids" altogether. That's part of the reason it isn't working! We need 1 sitter and another who can play a bit next to him.

"We need them so Coleman and Baines can go forward" - ain't happening change the fookin system.... Starting in the middle!

Besic can play a bit, that's why I'd have him with McCarthy. Ross is an alternative but I don't think we've ever seen McCarthy/Besic.

Barry needs to be dropped.

Guest rusty747

To be honest, I wouldn't argue with that. And as Nais is suspended that would mean Barkley could play the number 10 position.

Edited by rusty747

Didn't see the game, to be honest I don't want to watch it..........Martinez came talking the talk, he needs to get his finger out on the training ground, but also behind his office door, have them in, find out what's going on in their minds, Coleman, has he forgotten how to beat people and shoot at goal, Baines, can't he do without a Pienaar ? etc, etc !

I for one will not be happy with a couple of cup runs in exchange for a really shit league position, to be honest I can see us needing 3 other teams to be really poor this year to keep us up.........fucking gutted.

Mark Hughes came to Goodison with a hard working team.......he out thought you.

Fortress Goodison.............it's turning into a Bouncey Castle.

Missed the match was driving home from my mother in laws. Glad I missed it, not happy about this but hoping the January window sees some additions and subtractions and some motivation. Still top of the group in Europa, let's not forget that!

We are absolutely shite in the competition that matters most, lets not forget that either

We'd still probably have lost even if they went a man down..

Only positive I can take is that we seemed to have learned corners are allowed to beat the first man...now to just get the people in the box to attack them and happy days..can we get big dunc back on the pitch for corners? Or just for some fucking bollocks...Felt like goin nutting a Stoke player just to get everyone goin a bit..what a shite day

We'd still probably have lost even if they went a man down..

Only positive I can take is that we seemed to have learned corners are allowed to beat the first man...now to just get the people in the box to attack them and happy days..can we get big dunc back on the pitch for corners? Or just for some fucking bollocks...Felt like goin nutting a Stoke player just to get everyone goin a bit..what a shite day

The people in the box haven't seen a ball from a corner reach them for 18months, probably took them by surprise!

Very disappointing but not panic stations yet -

i still believe we need a proper nr 10 who can hold and distribute/create in the final third -

Naismith is not a proper nr 10 - more like a poaching wannabee striker -

Et'o and Kone are strikers who should work in place of or with Lukaku up front -

Barkley is more suited as def mid running the ball up -

who is our nr 10 then ?

the best we probably have at the moment is Pienaar - sad to say-

Martinez can turn this season around with a few tweaks and a lot of motivation

Watched bojan yesterday and wondered what we would be like as our number ten. Lukaku waits to make runs on the side of defenders but the ball is never released early enough. He is a clever number ten unlike ours

This is what I've been saying all alomg about Lukaku. He does make runs but no fucker either spots them or releases the ball in time to make them effective then he gets slaughtered.

He has his faults for defo but he gets fuck all service, absolutely nothing but because he cost 28 million he's expected to have a magic wand in his sock and make things happen.

This is what I've been saying all alomg about Lukaku. He does make runs but no fucker either spots them or releases the ball in time to make them effective then he gets slaughtered.

He has his faults for defo but he gets fuck all service, absolutely nothing but because he cost 28 million he's expected to have a magic wand in his sock and make things happen.

You might be right about the runs etc. I take your word for it. You watch more games than me, so your words more solid.

BUT this 'no service' thing. As I posted in the Lukaku thread, he is 5th out of ALL Premiership players this season for chances/shots. A third of our team chances have fell to him. How can he not be getting service? I'm not bashing or defending. But the 2 sides of the argument are so far apart it's become ridiculous. The team's off form. He's off form and playing well below himself. And yes, the blame is with Martinez as you shouldn't be carrying on with a striker who has returned 6 goals in 18 league games. We could go on, but I'm sure we agree that the whole team and Martinez need to up their game.

Watched bojan yesterday and wondered what we would be like as our number ten. Lukaku waits to make runs on the side of defenders but the ball is never released early enough. He is a clever number ten unlike ours

Said this the other week Bojan has still got it !

Bojan, great player on footy manager 2009. He's had an expectation around him for some time. He has been around for years yet he's only 24.

They have made a quality signing there.

Movement is what it is about, not runs. using brains to confuse the defenders and find a space for a player to pass into. It's not running in a straight line and pointing, that's simple. Feints, moving off the defender and getting a run on them.

Suarez is an absolute master at it. One of the best I've seen.

If you want to play through the middle( like Roberto seems to )you need a good nr 10 - which we do not have - so why try playing through the middle then?

If you can't play through the middle you play wide with wingers and/or wing backs which apart from a proper right wing we do have -

so my advice to Martinez would be to stop trying to play through the middle -

play to our strength instead of towards our weakness-

or get a proper nr 10 if you want to unlock the middle

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Charlie Adam's antics is the Stoke game. He was only on the field for, what, ten minutes? He cynically brought down and injured Mirallas, and then he kicked the ball away to waste time. His attitude stinks, and he really doesn't deserve to be playing in the PL.

What pissed me off about when he kicked the ball away was that Mason reached to his pocket to book him, then realised he'd just booked him for that challenge and quickly drew his hand back. Tosser.