IGNORED

Baines in the middle? Worth a try or not

Peter H

Baines in the middle?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Worth giving Baines a few games as cm or not?

• Yes
    • No

You mentioned me.... For no apparent reason. Leave me out of it.

Ok, took your name off the post. Now please debate at a normal level if you wish, otherwise theres a red button above so that you can ignore this thread. Now please dont ever answer or quote one of my posts ever again.

Based on today then no. Yes, he got the assist but other than that I don't think it was a success. But, it was only one game so that doesn't mean it'd always be that way.

He'd be an upgrade on Barry, for sure, but so would Mr. Fucking Blobby! And I'd prefer Besic to come in for Barry if he was ever to get what he deserves; dropping.

Edited by Romey 1878

Ok, took your name off the post. Now please debate at a normal level if you wish, otherwise theres a red button above so that you can ignore this thread. Now please dont ever answer or quote one of my posts ever again.

To answer your question NO Baines should not play in midfield. Martinez is a clown for thinking otherwise.

Based on today then no. Yes, he got the assist but other than that I don't think it was a success. But, it was only one game so that doesn't mean it'd always be that way.

He'd be an upgrade on Barry, for sure, but so would Mr. Fucking Blobby! And I'd prefer Besic to come in for Barry if he was ever to get what he deserves; dropping.

Barry needs dropping, thats for sure and Besic has played a few bad games too. Id rather see Besic on though but i think that Baines has more offensive tools than Besic.

Im sick of the two defensive mids too so if i had to chose between Besic and McCarthy id chose McCarthy. We need someone beside him that can open up a defence with a through ball or run at them. Baines might be that man. Its interesting enough to look at a few more games

I put NO but only for this reason...right now is not the time to experiment. We need to find our 'normal' way with players playing properly where they are meant to.

This is more a pre season experiment, or something to do when we are flowing. If he's good enough, fair play.

No. Besic and McCarthy in the middle. They both have engines that would allow them to get up and down the pitch all game long.

I think they could dominate most teams.

Leaving Baines to do what he does best.

He hasn't been doing 'what he does best' though. He's getting shut down every single time because it's so damn obvious what's about to happen. Same goes for Coleman. The only thing Baines is contributing going forward at the moment is set piece delivery, which Garbutt is better at anyway.

I've always though Baines could be played in a midfield role, I still toy around with it on FIFA all the time :happy:

No, that ball to Mirallas doesn't justify a move on it's own, but it showed he's got something that we've missed from our midfield all season, a bit of creativity.

He hasn't been doing 'what he does best' though. He's getting shut down every single time because it's so damn obvious what's about to happen. Same goes for Coleman. The only thing Baines is contributing going forward at the moment is set piece delivery, which Garbutt is better at anyway.

I've always though Baines could be played in a midfield role, I still toy around with it on FIFA all the time :happy:

No, that ball to Mirallas doesn't justify a move on it's own, but it showed he's got something that we've missed from our midfield all season, a bit of creativity.

Right, and as I said in my post he needs a midfield pair that allow him to do so.

It's one of the most ridiculous ideas ever. People basing this on one half decent assist. Forgetting that for 70minutes of the game he was all over the place - lost.

Baines playing CM is not the answer to any of our worries. We need to get our balance back! That team yesterday was the most unbalanced I've seen in a while.

Gibson when for is the answer. Guaranteed.

It's one of the most ridiculous ideas ever. People basing this on one half decent assist. Forgetting that for 70minutes of the game he was all over the place - lost.

Baines playing CM is not the answer to any of our worries. We need to get our balance back! That team yesterday was the most unbalanced I've seen in a while.

Gibson when fit is the answer for the middle of the park.Guaranteed.

Edited by MC11

Gibson when fit is the answer for the middle of the park.Guaranteed.

When fit?! How many times we heard that? Forget him MC, he's never going to be a key player for us due to fitness. Unfortunately.

It was surprising to see him play in a more advanced midfield role and trying to support the attacks and for me that aspect of it didnt work. When the concept of Baines playing in midfield was suggested it was to follow in Lahm's footsteps and play a defensive play maker type role, which I still think he has the tools for and its the type of pass that he gave to Mirallas that you would be looking for him to play.

Baines at the moment seems to be the only one able to see and pick that killer pass consistently. For that alone I'd play him central, so we get a bit more movement in the middle of the field and hopefully more support for the strikers.

Again, only if McCarthy or Besic aren't fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard today that baines is not happy about being shifted into midfield and that's the reason he missed the west ham game he was left out.

Maybe if the right offer came in he might go.

That's just my guess although on today's prices I would say it would have to be £10 mill +.

If that is true and he does not want to play in the middle he should retain his LB spot. But i still think that Oviedo and to some extent Garbutt is breathing down his neck so Baines should not feel that the position is his. If he is at his best the position is his.

Heard today that baines is not happy about being shifted into midfield and that's the reason he missed the west ham game he was left out.

Maybe if the right offer came in he might go.

That's just my guess although on today's prices I would say it would have to be £10 mill +.

I heard today that my mother is a virgin and I'm the result of immaculate conception.

It would explain a lot of things (like why I get pissed on a glass of water).