IGNORED

Xherdan Shaqiri

No, not on the sherry. Ross works better runnng from deeper imho. With Cleverley alongside to join everything up in midfield and Jimmy Mac watching their backs I don't see why it wouldn't work. Certainly worth a try after yesterday isn't it?

All the names mentioned above none have a got a killer ball

at any time never mind on a regular basis.

So the number 10 problem still exists.

If you need an example watch JJ Shelvey yesterday lots of excellent through balls that opened Chelsea's defence

and hes not the best at it but hes a lot better at it than anything we have.

Guest rusty747

I think Cleverley can pick a pass and with Ross running forwards with the option of playing the 1-2 with Rom, I think it would be better than what we saw yesterday.

Of course a quality number 10 would be welcome but I think we need to find a better way to play while we wait for one to arrive.

Cleverley has a decent pass on him but he'll never really get the chance to do so from so deep we need that link in the middle of Mccarthy and Lukaku etc

Shaqiri has played the attacking mid role as much as he has on the wing he's as competent at either and being a left footer would be a plus also

As said financially Stoke will offer more wages but I'd be made up if he chose us

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/09/everton-chelsea-john-stones-

Not good reading...

Everton have offered Shaqiri a season-long loan deal, with their manager operating on a limited transfer budget despite his club spending less than any other Premier League side this summer. Shaqiri and Inter, however, may prefer a permanent deal after his transfer from Bayern Munich in January failed to produce the first team starts expected.

I'm withholding judgement of the club's dealings this window until deadline day has passed if for no other reason than the sake of my own sanity.

If we really have nothing to spend I will flip my lid. The silver lining may be a dramatic decrease in club debt. We just have to make it through this fucking season though. Right now our squad, injuries and all, isn't exactly inspiring.

But, if Roberto has been saying there are three signings to make, I'll keep believing that we will make those signings.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/09/everton-chelsea-john-stones-

Not good reading...

Everton have offered Shaqiri a season-long loan deal, with their manager operating on a limited transfer budget despite his club spending less than any other Premier League side this summer. Shaqiri and Inter, however, may prefer a permanent deal after his transfer from Bayern Munich in January failed to produce the first team starts expected.

All this talk of us having a limited transfer budget is highly concerning.

All this talk of us having a limited transfer budget is highly concerning.

Yeah. We are skint as fuck, I've been saying it all along. We'll be lucky to stay up this year with 2 signings, a truck load of injuries and no budget.

Don't worry thought we'll beat them with possession.

This stones thing has me worried still too.

Edited by markjazzbassist

If we don't get those reinforcements we are seriously screwed, the board must know this. If we don't have the funds to compete then the board must be made to answer as to why.

They'll pay off a little debt, blame the new deals to kev and McCarthy and the rising costs of the premier league. No one will give a shit and we'll continue to move down the table.

That buffalo Sabres owner better step up, even an absent American would be better than these lot.

They'll pay off a little debt, blame the new deals to kev and McCarthy and the rising costs of the premier league. No one will give a shit and we'll continue to move down the table.

That buffalo Sabres owner better step up, even an absent American would be better than these lot.

Terry Pegula is supposed to be interested in buying Everton?