IGNORED

Yacine Brahimi

too many fans acting like spoilt kids at Christmas.

Go back a few years when we overspent and left ourselves in debt.

Moshiri isn't a sugar daddy - he is here to set up the club to be self sustainable and to operate within the FFP by increasing commercial revenue - to underwrite a stadium development which in turn will allow us to operate on bigger budgets.

Moshiri isn't a sugar daddy - he is here to set up the club to be self sustainable and to operate within the FFP by increasing commercial revenue - to underwrite a stadium development which in turn will allow us to operate on bigger budgets.

Stayed out of it due to thinking the same.

He is a business man and can see past the tunnel vision.

We are stronger now than anytime in the last ten years in my opinion. Let's see how we push on and see what he can do in January.

Stayed out of it due to thinking the same.

He is a business man and can see past the tunnel vision.

We are stronger now than anytime in the last ten years in my opinion. Let's see how we push on and see what he can do in January.

That MIGHT be the case, but those around us are also stronger than ever.

Totally agree, I'm as frustrated and disappointed as the next Evertonian but we need some perspective here . As peteO eluded to we have come out of the window stronger than we went in to it so it has not been that bad, underwhelming maybe disastrous definitely not

Some agents/players have definitely used the club as a bargaining chip and there isn't much the club could have done about that but we definitely shouldn't be going around throwing ridiculous money at clubs for players that are simply not worth it just to appease some of our fans

Another farce. Why didn't we just pay what they wanted? Left it too late again and by January he'll be a target for other clubs.

Reported today they decided they wanted 50 million Euros instead of the already agreed 40 million. I'm gutted we never signed him but every player has their ceiling price and obviously we weren't prepared to go that high.

Being held to ransom by the sounds of things.

Totally agree, I'm as frustrated and disappointed as the next Evertonian but we need some perspective here . As peteO eluded to we have come out of the window stronger than we went in to it so it has not been that bad, underwhelming maybe disastrous definitely not

Some agents/players have definitely used the club as a bargaining chip and there isn't much the club could have done about that but we definitely shouldn't be going around throwing ridiculous money at clubs for players that are simply not worth it just to appease some of our fans

Reported today they decided they wanted 50 million Euros instead of the already agreed 40 million. I'm gutted we never signed him but every player has their ceiling price and obviously we weren't prepared to go that high.

Being held to ransom by the sounds of things.

This is what I am talking about. Transfer deadline day is a farce - clubs across Europe have been looking enviously at the cash in our league and have been ridiculous..... they have tried it on big time. Ashley at Newcastle has done the same - out of pocket now he's in the championship.

we spent big on bolassie and some fans moaned, we only spent £7m on gueye and fans moaned. Its like kids at Christmas - they want big names so they can boast.

That same argument is used every year...

And certainly came to pass in the last 2 years as we finished 11th, while the likes of Southampton and West Ham finished above us.

Lets hope we fix that this season.

What Mark said.

See how we get on this year then. Let's hope the likes of Leicester, Stoke, Southampton, West Ham don't finish above us this year.

Otherwise I'm going to

vault.gif

...your ass MO FO.

Oh yes there is! We ensure our negotiators know their stuff and are not amateurs. Then we'd be "using" other clubs to our advantage.

Oh yes there is! We ensure our negotiators know their stuff and are not amateurs. Then we'd be "using" other clubs to our advantage.

Really?

So in the case of Sissoko, when his representatives contacted the club and said he wanted to come to Everton , should we have just said fuck off we don't believe you?

Really?

So in the case of Sissoko, when his representatives contacted the club and said he wanted to come to Everton , should we have just said fuck off we don't believe you?

Add to this that you cannot talk directly to the player until you have clubs permission. The way this unfolded seem to be with only a few hours left in the window.

1) Sissoko agent contacts Everton and outlines the deal needed to close quickly.

2) Outlines Personal Terms (probably what was already agreed with Spurs) and is probably agreed first.

3) Transfer fee was the Issue as Spurs will not offer £30m needed, so Everton you will need to contact Mr. Ashley (or whoever) and state you agree to the fee.

4) Once you've agreed with Mr. Ashley let me know and I'll give you Mr. Sissoko's phone number for you to talk directly.

In the meantime Spurs have been back in touch to say don't sign anything we going to agree the fee.

Personally I don't think any negotiating professional would have avoided this. The 2 outcomes regardless would have been either.

1) Say "not interested" and either Sissoko would still be at NUFC or at Spurs for less than £30m

2) Get Involved and Spurs cave in to pay the full £30m

To be honest I'm happy we got involved as we got a Peer football club to pay more than they wanted to for a player. That gives them less money to spend because of us! That's still a win in my book! That and I think we can spend £30m more wisely.

I'm glad we passed. I've done some reading and he only plays well when he's trying to get a move or has just secured a move. After a season his production suffers and he wants out. Wasn't even a worldie in the Portuguese league, so glad we passed at 50m euros.

These other leagues are trying to skin is on these transfers with all this money. Walsh will have to be smart to find the cheap buys.