IGNORED

Swansea City (Away)

markjazzbassist

I'm guessing the soton lineup is the starting 11 for the rest of the year. Swansea have had a very good year and up until this year we had never lost to them. I hope we are able to pull this out and get a win. Here's how I think we'll lineup

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Baines

McCarthy Barry

Lennon Barkley Osman

Naismith

Subs - Kone, Mirallas, Besic

I'm guessing the soton lineup is the starting 11 for the rest of the year. Swansea have had a very good year and up until this year we had never lost to them. I hope we are able to pull this out and get a win. Here's how I think we'll lineup

Howard

McCarthy Barry

Lennon Barkley Osman

Naismith

Makes no sense to me that Mirallas isn't involved in this thing. WTF? One of the most talented lads on the team, and he sits. On the other hand he has been shite, so its understandable. but that doesn't make sense either. What is up with this guy?

If Mirallas doesn't want to play for us he shouldn't even be on the bench.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to because I don't know the reason he's on the bench but if that's why he is he should be lashed in the under 18s

Anybody regardless of their ability should be fucked off if they don't want to play for us.

agreed on mirallas. i put what i think we WILL lineup with, not what i want. Personally after Soton i think Naisy has to be the 9, Kone can sub on or play the wing if need be.

Matt - why will we get spanked? they're flying high this year but don't have bony or michu (an in form version) anymore, not sure why you are so worried.

Howard

McCarthy Barry

Lennon Barkley Osman

Naismith

But you gotta figure Lukaku and Gibson will play a role when healthy. How long are they out, does anyone know?

Recent story in Echo how Barry says he's only playing so much because of injuries.

If everyone was healthy, this would be interesting:

Howard

Lennon McCarthy Gibson Barkley

Naismith Lukaku

Gibson will miss the rest of the season. It is a broken foot after all!

agreed, and for me the only place to play naisy is 9. while romelu is injured he should play there, bag more goals, and be sold in the summer. wonderful player and locker room guy, but with romelu and ross there isn't room for him and he doesn't pass and link up well enough to be fluid in the attack. he could be a super sub/cup player for us next year, but i don't think he wants that. deserves to start somewhere.

Yup, 10-4 on Gibson. Just read that, too. Bummer.

Why can't Naismith be paired up front with Lukaku? (He asks naively.) What does Kone provide in that role that Naismith does not? (I think it's a valid experiment, but Kone hasn't really been all that.)

just said it. he doesn't link up or pass well. naisy is a workhorse poacher. you put it to him in front of goal, 9/10 its in. he just isn't good in the work up to that goal. passes go sideways, always lays it off backwards and sideways, he's a striker for me.

they don't make a good match. sturridge and suarez are a good match. suarez got a ton of assists (and is doing so at barca too) and isn 't just a poacher. you need a pair that works well together if you do 2. they don't for me.

kone was supposed to provide the holdup play that Rom lacks but is showing he's out of shape or maybe just not up to snuff after so long out. sad really i had high hopes for him.

i like rom in a 433, i think with 2 other strikers/wingers (real wingers) he forms a potent attack force.

agreed. on form naisy is our 2nd striker. i wouldn't be surprised if we see Kone leave this summer.

i like rom in a 433, i think with 2 other strikers/wingers (real wingers) he forms a potent attack force.

What about Barkley as the other striker? 4-3-3 with Lukaku, Barkley and Naismith up front?

What about Barkley as the other striker? 4-3-3 with Lukaku, Barkley and Naismith up front?

Because that means they'll be playing out wide.

veedublin, MC has got it right. barkley is best in the center. either attacking mid, or box to box mid moving the ball in transistion. he's just not good on the wing and we have mirallas and lukaku who are if we did 433 with naisy.

we need to play to the strengths of our best players.

I've seen Rom have worse games than Kone if I'm honest. Have I seen Kone have games as good as lukaku? No.

main difference being, Lukaku can still score whilst playing poorly.

Was really hoping Kone was going to prove people wrong too :(