IGNORED

West Ham (Away)

markjazzbassist

Ah poor old Aiden. Wouldn't think he was a player of March winning talent. Once you are branded you are branded.

No one will be able to convince me he's shit, because he just clearly isn't. It's tapping into his head that's the needed thing.

Pot. Kettle. Black?

Fell asleep for their goal, but for the rest of the match he was solid defensively, put in strong tackles, was responsible in his use of the ball and kept a cool head, atoning well for his mistake. He seems a surprisingly mature player for his age.

Cheers Joe he seems like another good young player that's readying coming through

Stones Garbutt? Galloway Besic McCarthy Barkley Lukaku Henen etc not a bad young bunch

Not really, it's clear in my defence of mcgeady and criticism of Rom I hardly subscribe to the status quo.

Rom has been branded a "beast" and a 1 in 2 game goalscorer. Despite my protestations it remains his tag.

McGeady hasn't done enough. Nothing is 'clear'. Rom has proved his worth.

An assist in the penultimate game of the season doesn't justify his dreadful performance all season. Just accept fact.

Would you mind giving me a few investment tips? ;)

Haha that was one of those safe comments...

Sarcasm if he had a nightmare, insight if he played well.

Was one of those, hoping he would do something remarks.

Thought he did very well when he came on.

I'm in the same boat as you. There's clearly a player in there.

But a brilliant goal twenty minutes into the season and a great cameo ninety minutes before the end of it doesn't make up for the chasm of mediocrity (and I'm being kind) in between.

Agree completely there's something in there but how do we get it out?

But a brilliant goal twenty minutes into the season and a great cameo ninety minutes before the end of it doesn't make up for the chasm of mediocrity (and I'm being kind) in between.

Thank you.

Which is 2 positive effects in a season so far (3444 minutes). Or 1 thing of note, every 1722 minutes.

No doubt about any of that, Mike, I've wanted to throttle him as much as everyone else. That's because I know there's a useful player in there. I don't think he'll ever be a superstar or anything like that but he can certainly be a very good squad player.

As to your question; I haven't a clue :(.

The times McGeady's done well have been when he's came from the bench and given 10 minutes when the other sides full backs have been knackered. He came on at Fulham away last season and did the same. If he's useful for that then you could say he's a good squad player. However 99.9% of the time he's "useless"

The times McGeady's done well have been when he's came from the bench and given 10 minutes when the other sides full backs have been knackered. He came on at Fulham away last season and did the same. If he's useful for that then you could say he's a good squad player. However 99.9% of the time he's "useless"

Agree.

Which is 2 positive effects in a season so far (3444 minutes). Or 1 thing of note, every 1722 minutes.

Actually he has a goal and 5 assists in 1449 minutes (added roughly 20 mins for today) which has him affecting a goal every 2.6 games, I don't think that's to bad given the broken season he has had. He has a load of skill and as said above we just we just need to get him consistent

Edit- didn't add his assist today to that, so it's 2.3 games per things of note.

Edited by Btay

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kings-cross-football-hooligans-arrests-5710085

Very similar story in the mirror, nothing on bbc London though

If it's true then I hope those responsible, whoever they support, get prosecuted and banned.

Just doesn't sound right to me though; "kids" getting glassed along with innocent bystanders and only three arrests?

Hope no Evertonians are responsible.

If it's true then I hope those responsible, whoever they support, get prosecuted and banned.

Just doesn't sound right to me though; "kids" getting glassed along with innocent bystanders and only three arrests?

Hope no Evertonians are responsible.

Yeah exactly, seems completely out of the ordinary

Just watched the 20 minute highlights, seems to have made the most of a reasonably dull game. Ossis goal though :o

I watched the highlights last night as well, even after watching the game live on video. What the headlines pointed out to me is that Barry had a decent game. His contributions, I think, are underrated.