IGNORED

Barclay's Asia Trophy 2015 - Everton vs. Arsenal

Lowensda

Just remember the games you watched last season and you watched today's game. Creativity needs bringing in before the start of the season, we can't leave it til the close of the window.

But I don't want to remember most of the games I watched last season........DON'T TRY AND MAKE ME !........NOOOOOOOO !

Martinez.........don't you fuc% this football club up !

The insistence of Barry and McCarthy is doing my head in. I've raised this time and time again there is no creativity from those two at all. They both stand off far too often it's a complete waste of decent central midfield player who can actually play a bit. I fail to see how McCarthy is rated as a £30m+ player he offers nothing. Their second goal was absolute amateur defending from him.

Edited by MC11

Just watched the highlights.

We need a back up goalkeeper badly don't we. Robles looked terrible...on a par with Kone in the highlights.

And MC looks like he is right about the young lads at the back, they are not ready to face top premier players yet, cut to pieces.

Only bright spot was that maybe Barkleys finish will give him a nice confidence boost.

Here we go it's all Barry's fault as usuall.

I think he is in for a hard time this season.

It's not all Barry's fault, he will always want to be on the pitch playing..... he's just a couple of years past his use by date.

Martinez on the other hand- continually playing Barry needs a few slaps and fast.

It's no coincidence when buying players from a relegated team that we are struggling.

One released and now the other 2 are still putting in shocking performances.

Just finished watching the second half.

Kone... I won't even begin.

McCarthy stood off too much for their second, Stones the same for the 3rd

Barkleys goal though. Wow.

Whole performance was just lacklustre, again. I know it's preseason but a little desire to win would've been nice.

Any chance of just saying it's preseason? A time to experiment, determine who's up to snuff, what works and what doesn't, and results mean squat?

"Results mean squat" I agree with completely and it was a weakened starting XI against a strong Arsenal side, I had no expectation of winning the game once I saw the line-ups.

I can still understand people being depressed with the performance, personally it doesn't bother me overly; all irrelevant until opening day.

"Results mean squat" I agree with completely and it was a weakened starting XI against a strong Arsenal side, I had no expectation of winning the game once I saw the line-ups.

I can still understand people being depressed with the performance, personally it doesn't bother me overly; all irrelevant until opening day.

Also on this, I believe 9 of Arsenal's starting 11 had taken no part in the previous match. So, we were going against a fresh, strong Arsenal side with Kone and Naisy and what amounted to 3 DMs (yes, I know Cleverley isn't exaaaactly a DM). So, there wasn't much to expect from an offensive perspective.

What bothered me the most was how out of sorts we were at the back. Our full backs were constantly sucked inside and they had their way with us.

I think we will look better offensively when we put our best players on the field at the same time. So far this preseason we haven't really seen that.

Maybe it's just me, but I would love to see McCarthy, Cleverley, Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu and Lukaku play together more and develop some on-field chemistry sooner rather than later. Those six, plus a back 4 of Baines (still injured, I know), Jags, Stones and Coleman is what we should be starting with week 1, so why don't we put them out there to get some confidence together and then let our other squad players get up to fitness to round out the 2 half of preseason games?

I watched it in the states on NBC's Sportivo channel or some such. Didn't need to speak spanish to know that it was dreary as hell. Waste of a saturday morning.

Yeah, they fielded a "better" side, but still.

Everton passed while standing still, and usually backwards. Arsenal were always on the move, looking for a play.

We had no creativity or confidence or preparation. Arsenal looked like they had a plan, and organization and knew how to get the ball to each other in the box.

Dismal.

This was my approach last year, it's only preseason. Fact is, last seasons preseson was shite, and that reflected our actual season. My concern is that another poor preseason will not ignite the teams belief as is needed, and more importantly the fans who are already restless.

The thing that pissed me off most... Even though this was a nothing trophy, it would've give the squad a taste of winning which would've been a massive confidence boost.

The fitness of the players has significantly dropped since Rm has took over, i think moyes was too hard on them so legs were tired at the start of the season but paid off for the long season, but Martinez is too idealistic about training with the ball. The team could do with some old fashioned running. Needs to find a happy medium.

I watched it in the states on NBC's Sportivo channel or some such. Didn't need to speak spanish to know that it was dreary as hell. Waste of a saturday morning.

Yeah, they fielded a "better" side, but still.

Everton passed while standing still, and usually backwards. Arsenal were always on the move, looking for a play.

We had no creativity or confidence or preparation. Arsenal looked like they had a plan, and organization and knew how to get the ball to each other in the box.

Dismal.

Please, not another season of passing backwards, I don't want 70% possession and boring football.

It's not as if all that possession did us any good.

Some of the worst football I've seen from this club since they chose me in 69-70.

If Moyes was in 'possession' of THIS squad i'd be thinking top 6 or above maybe 4th at a push.With Martinez I'm thinking mid-table.

Please, not another season of passing backwards, I don't want 70% possession and boring football.

It's not as if all that possession did us any good.

I know, right?

Seems all too common where a side (usually ours) holds onto the ball the whole time, and then they're surprised when the opponent dispossesses them and streaks the length of the pitch and scores.