IGNORED

Manchester City (Home)

markjazzbassist

The difference between the crispness of City's passing and ours is striking. Over and over, give-always. Also, it's indicative of several qualitative differences between the best club in the league and a 7-10 club.

This is right. Huge difference between City and Southampton and it showed today and it is going to show all season.

I think people are forgetting 1 very important thing here - City are already looking like they'll win the title. They walked over WBA and Chelsea, we gave them a game. They also have 2 of the best midfielders in the game in Silva and Toure. Blame goes to Martinez; he set up to try and negate those 2 rather than attack.

Annoyed with the result but honestly thought we did well. City were just better and 2 little moments of magic from the 2 I mentioned undid us.

I'm not having all this City are great they are the team to beat.

They won that 2nd half at a canter because our team got left in the changing room at half time.

I don't think we played at all 2nd half like some of you say.

Howard let an easy goal in but saved it from being 3 or 4. Hey we were unlucky my arse.

Edited by milesey05

We should have been up 1-0. The refs fucked us. The game would have played out differently if they hadn't screwed that up. We came close a few other times and just didn't have luck on our side.

Cleverley coming off for Naisy was the wrong move. He was keeping us ticking and putting in dangerous balls. Naisy, though he works hard, breaks down our attacks better than the opposition's CBs. We could have used a winger right then and there.

We deserved a point today, and we were unlucky not to get it.

To be fair Naismith has been the only player on the second half to get behind thier defence. He actually had a shot on target after running behind them.

Something our strikers need to learn.

But his link up play was nowhere near as good as Kone's. We were less of a threat after he came on. Edited by nogs

Don't think we deserved anything from that game. The offside was extremely close (think it was the right call though) and outside lukaku's free kick, we were just not good enough. The subs at the end of the game didn't help either. We didn't try to switch the game up enough either. Bring Barkley deeper so he can get some touches, continue using TC to whip in solid crosses, we looked dead in the water before they scored their 1st goal

He's brilliant one week and stubborn playing favorites the next. If he could just loosen up he'd be a top manager for sure. Tactically he knows what to do, but his principles of possession cloud his judgement. Shame really.

It's making me think that Southampton were really poor rather than us being brilliant,

That was a gutless 2nd half. Martinez got everything tactically wrong today.

Now having seen replay of Nasri goal, Browning's defense was abominable. Ball-watching ,just let Nasri glide straight to ball. Browning is no left back, and in general looks substantially behind the now-injured Galloway, who himself still has much to learn. It's a major problem until December-January. I'll hope RM uses the Barnsley match to play Oviedo at least 30 minutes, preferably more. Maybe 45 minutes each for Oviedo and Browning at LB.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

This is right. Huge difference between City and Southampton and it showed today and it is going to show all season.

Except we won't be playing City every week.

They'd have beaten any team in England today; and given Barca, Bayern and Real a decent game. No need to be down over today for me, pissed off we lost obviously but decent signs.

Thought we played well against a very good City team who will end up being 1 or 2 at the end of the season.

Defensively I thought we played well enough, especially considering we had Galloway and then Browning at left back, We were always going to be opened up a few times due to their quality. But I thought we coped well and adapted to their attack. We made 2 mistakes which we were punished for.

I think against lesser teams we will do well. I thought we moved the ball well and created a few chances.

Although this is a loss, I feel more confident about the season.

Please tell me you're throwing me some bait???????!!!

Very simplistic to look at it like "let's get our two wide pace men on", we took off a link up man for phosphate and naismith did a good job. He got in their face made give and go's.

It's easy to be underwhelmed by an unspectacular player but he is solid.

Very simplistic to look at it like "let's get our two wide pace men on", we took off a link up man for phosphate and naismith did a good job. He got in their face made give and go's.

It's easy to be underwhelmed by an unspectacular player but he is solid.

Exactly solid. Solid as in bring him on to sure things up when we are 1 nil up with 5 minutes to go.