IGNORED

Aston Villa (Home)

markjazzbassist

Unless Barkley plays well in one of the friendlies v. Spain or France, I hope Mirallas starts v. Aston Villa at LW, moving Kone to ACM. Barkley on as first sub, ok, with 2 of Lennon, Naismith, and Cleverley -- not Osman -- also subs. Please use 3 subs, Roberto. Three, it's allowed under the rules, and advisable. Deep squad, remember? Roberto, remember?

Also, as McCarthy is likely to play more than Gibson in Ireland's massive Euro qualifiers, I hope Roberto will rest McCarthy v. Villa, and start Gibson with Barry.

Wonder whether Besic plays for B-H. Hope all our internationals make it through with no more injuries, just in case Roberto actually intends to use his deep squad. Some day.

Unless Barkley plays well in one of the friendlies v. Spain or France, I hope Mirallas starts v. Aston Villa at LW, moving Kone to ACM. Barkley on as first sub, ok, with 2 of Lennon, Naismith, and Cleverley -- not Osman -- also subs. Please use 3 subs, Roberto. Three, it's allowed under the rules, and advisable. Deep squad, remember? Roberto, remember?

Also, as McCarthy is likely to play more than Gibson in Ireland's massive Euro qualifiers, I hope Roberto will rest McCarthy v. Villa, and start Gibson with Barry.

Wonder whether Besic plays for B-H. Hope all our internationals make it through with no more injuries, just in case Roberto actually intends to use his deep squad. Some day.

the only player on are bench that should be starting is mirallas we dont have strength in depth simple as that, besic gibson osman oviedo cleverly naismith - if we want to finish in europe these players will have to make the most of coming off the bench, dont belive for a minute any player should be getting rested at this point in the season, we need to put a run of wins together and we dont have to worry about europa league this season.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Would still leave Mirralas on the bench....not been good enough to get into the starting line up when he's come on.

After yesterday i think we should cut our losses with him and get shut.

He's just not good enough for us anymore.

I agree, I don't think he's offered anything other than a poor attitude this season. He's a quality player but I don't think it is working for him with us. It would be best for both sides to move him in January, I think. Geri is outplaying him and I don't think Mirallas wants to play on the left.

That said, we should be able to punt Aston Villa. Notwithstanding today's draw, they just aren't very good.

Edited by Keithb18

I agree, I don't think he's offered anything other than a poor attitude this season. He's a quality player but I don't think it is working for him with us. It would be best for both sides to move him in January, I think. Geri is outplaying him and I don't think Mirallas wants to play on the left.

That said, we should be able to punt Aston Villa. Notwithstanding today's draw, they just aren't very good.

That's probably his preferred position as he scored loads in Greece cutting in from the left.

That's probably his preferred position as he scored loads in Greece cutting in from the left.

I think he's played most of his football for us on the left. Cutting inside on his right foot is where he's always looked most comfortable. He's certainly never been the chalk-on-the-boots, whip-in-a-cross type of winger.

He has looked lost, uncomfortable and like he's trying to force something to happen rather than play his game this season. You can tell that he's trying to prove something out there, but I think he's going about it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/11/18/martinez-hoping-for-clev-comeback

Not clear whether Galloway and Browning will be available Saturday. Baines seems a definite no. So, is Oviedo available? He wasn't in the Costa Rica side for either of its WC qualifiers last few days. If not Oviedo, Barry?

Wait, a perfect opportunity for Mirallas........

I think he's played most of his football for us on the left. Cutting inside on his right foot is where he's always looked most comfortable. He's certainly never been the chalk-on-the-boots, whip-in-a-cross type of winger.

He has looked lost, uncomfortable and like he's trying to force something to happen rather than play his game this season. You can tell that he's trying to prove something out there, but I think he's going about it wrong.

Not true, he's played a lot more on the right. Although he has alternated throughout games. I agree his best position is wide left as he can cut in.

Can't wait to get back to Goodison with the other 35000 "happy clappers" today . I hate the international breaks it seems like an eternity since I've had my football fix

Atta boy dunc, not all the other fans are happy clappers though are they? So you need to take your gloves off to get that little more noise.

3-1, rom hatrick and 2 assists for gerry.

Atta boy dunc, not all the other fans are happy clappers though are they? So you need to take your gloves off to get that little more noise.

3-1, rom hatrick and 2 assists for GerryH

Haf if you had made it down to Goodison this season you would have found that the vast majority of Everton fans have sung the John Stones song, and the picture is even worse at away games when pretty much all of us have sang it

So by your reckoning none of us are capable of understanding the complexities of the game

To think that I have gone home and away for over 30 years and haven't even understood what it was I was watching is quite frightening really. Its quite embarrassing that me as an educated man have been unable to comprehend what is going on around me

Maybe we could all fill Goodison Park next weekend and you could do some kind of seminar to enlighten us all?

One question for you, If I'm a happy clapper does that make you an angry typist?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Haf if you had made it down to Goodison this season you would have found that the vast majority of Everton fans have sung the John Stones song, and the picture is even worse at away games when pretty much all of us have sang it

So by your reckoning none of us are capable of understanding the complexities of the game

To think that I have gone home and away for over 30 years and haven't even understood what it was I was watching is quite frightening really. Its quite embarrassing that me as an educated man have been unable to comprehend what is going on around me

Maybe we could all fill Goodison Park next weekend and you could do some kind of seminar to enlighten us all?

One question for you, If I'm a happy clapper does that make you an angry typist?

That's the TT equivalent of a perfectly timed right hook to the chin!

For me it's life has started again haha.

My life is boring without Everton...I just spend time searching for news snippets haha.

I'm a sad btard aren't I haha.

Lol I know what you mean. The forum creeps to a halt during that time too, but hey we made it through! Let's hope Bobby and the boys are ready

Howard

Coleman stones Mori baines

McCarthy Barry

Gerry Barkley Kone

Lukaku

Subs mirallas Lennon naisy

Guest rusty747

3-2 win. We will concede and we need to improve on a very average home record recently. P8 W2 D4 L2. That means we need more big performances from Rom and Gerry, cos that's where our goals are coming from at the moment.

Edited by rusty747