IGNORED

Norwich City (Away)

markjazzbassist

Says you haha!

OK so tell me, why isn't he taking his chances?

Is he too good to be a sub?

Or is it Everton letting him down?

Fact is he has been shit for a long time.you can keep spouting how he is our best player blah blah blah bit the fact is when he does get a chance he doesn't take it.

I have hoped for so long that when he comes on he will make an impact, but then it's the same old anti climax.

I'm just not sure how many chances we need to give him.

Hasn't been given an opportunity to settle in the team it's as simple as that. To say he isn't good enough for a mid table team is rubbish. That's exactly what we are at the moment.... Far too many draws.

Mirallas has quite clearly been frozen out by Martinez because of a personal dispute. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out. He was a regular up until the West Brom penalty incident. Since then he's been a bit part player.

If anyone isn't good enough it's Martinez... He has very sharp tools in his box but can't seem to get them constantly playing. This IS the best squad we've had in over two decades!

You're frustration with the draw has been thrown on a Mirallas shoulders.... Seen it in two threads.

Our problem at the moment is that we have no one but Lukaku weighing in with goals. He's scored 6 in his last 6 league games which shows he's doing his job. Barkley has disappeared up his own arse in recent weeks and needs to pull his finger out. Kone just isn't a finisher. Deulofeu needs to get a few more but while he's assisting everything he can have leeway.

Well got through the day without knowing the score and just finished watching it.

What a load of shit that 2nd half was. I have been crying out for Mirallas to get some game time but today I wish I hadn't.

Kone has taken over sucking off Martinez from Barry as again no matter how poor he is he will not be subbed.

I called 1-1 so not really shocked. More pissed off that if we are not at least challenging that top 4 expect 2 top players to fuck off in Jan.

Who could blame them.

Another draw, another two points dropped. Matches like these are the reason why we'll never hit top four.

This. Last three games have been against shit teams who we have dominated yet still failed to get a win. Six points dropped, if we had won them we would now be top five.

Mid table finish this season i fear, ninth or tenth.

cant understand taking our 2 most creative players off when we need a goal dont get that.

im not kones biggest fan but he did hold it up ok was about the only player in the second half who wanted to win

our team has the ability to be top 4 this year with the way the league has gone and we only have ourselves to blame with draw after draw every week.

Our problem at the moment is that we have no one but Lukaku weighing in with goals. He's scored 6 in his last 6 league games which shows he's doing his job. Barkley has disappeared up his own arse in recent weeks and needs to pull his finger out. Kone just isn't a finisher. Deulofeu needs to get a few more but while he's assisting everything he can have leeway.

Spot on. this could be easily managed though. Play kev or Lennon and Kone is a super sub. Now we have width and another striker. Now the way we play we don't have either since rm won't play Naisy as a striker.

Hasn't been given an opportunity to settle in the team it's as simple as that. To say he isn't good enough for a mid table team is rubbish. That's exactly what we are at the moment.... Far too many draws.

Mirallas has quite clearly been frozen out by Martinez because of a personal dispute. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out. He was a regular up until the West Brom penalty incident. Since then he's been a bit part player.

If anyone isn't good enough it's Martinez... He has very sharp tools in his box but can't seem to get them constantly playing. This IS the best squad we've had in over two decades!

You're frustration with the draw has been thrown on a Mirallas shoulders.... Seen it in two threads.

I'm not throwing it on his shoulders.it's the teams fault, including the manager.

I just don't agree that Mirralas OS the answer, he should already be settled and ready to give his all.

Mirralas is an Everton player, he owes us, not the other way round.

And how much time exactly does he need?

Does he deserve special care?

Not for me.

The blame is om players like Ross who is not really adding anything at the moment.

Our defence who are apparently like kids that need explaining how to head a ball and defend a cross.

I don't care of its due to a falling out or if he wants out...fact is he isn't performing when he comes on.

And do you really believe we are a mid table team?

I don't think so, I just think we are on a slow run where we are picking up points slowly without the ball going in.

Palace could easily have been 4-1 on another day.

Today could have been 4-0 at half time.

Were close to clicking and someone is going to get a kicking whem we do.

'Mirallas has quite clearly been frozen out by Martinez because of a personal dispute. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out. He was a regular up until the West Brom penalty incident. Since then he's been a bit part.

Seen it before with Distin. Deal with it Roberto, you're managing a top side.

Edited by Gwlad all over

Pressures on Martinez. Let's face it we have a better team than United,Spurs,Liverpool. If we're not top six at Crimbo I'd be seriously looking at a replacement

I don't think we need to wait till Xmas. Martinez has learned nothing from last year. He's out of his depth.

We need a top class manager to go with our top class squad.

If we don't qualify for Europe with this squad it's nothing less than a disgrace.

I don't think we need to wait till Xmas. Martinez has learned nothing from last year. He's out of his depth.

We need a top class manager to go with our top class squad.

If we don't qualify for Europe with this squad it's nothing less than a disgrace.

Who put the squad together?

There are probably more possibilities, but start with these 4.

1. Both the players and the manager are high quality, so our recent performances are really just down to bad luck, hitting the woodwork, etc. We're certain -- truly, almost literally certain -- to move up the table gradually.

2. Roberto is a football genius, but the players are failing, and not merely because of bad luck. They lack aggressiveness, focus, and are collectively, because quite a few are individually, overrated. Some specific players are way overrated by Everton fans.

3. The squad is, yes, deep with talent at most positions. Roberto is vastly overrated, has lost the plot re squad rotation, substitutions, formations, creating squad cohesion, playing favorites, He's a very nice guy, but out of his depth in the EPL.

4. Neither the players nor the manager are particularly talented. They are overrated. Unfortunately, we are in the table just about where our good-but-not-excellent talent level logically allows us to be. Mid table, 8-11.

You're right mike. That's his strength for sure. Mentioned it elsewhere that he would make a great sporting director or technical director. I'm charge of instilling a philopshy and style and acquiring players and letting others go. Does a fantastic job at that no doubt full stop. His man management, time management, sub management, etc is where he leaves us wanting. Plays favorites too which you simply can't do. SAF benched Rooney and others, no one was bigger than the club and it should be the same here. Howard McCarthy Kone and last years Barry should all have been benched at one point. Hasn't happened (on purpose to prove a point).

Pressures on Martinez. Let's face it we have a better team than United,Spurs,Liverpool. If we're not top six at Crimbo I'd be seriously looking at a replacement

I think Spurs are stronger and have a lot more quality as back up.

I'd say it's a toss up between us and the shite but once again I think they've got better depth especially in attacking areas.

United are a shambles but I'm sure they'll throw more money are the situation.

We are crying out for Wayne Rooney in my opinion - someone who knows how to turn these draws into wins; a leader and a winner - Kone's done a great job but imagine Rooney in his role. That (and a reliable keeper) would secure a top 4 place. Is Rooney coming back realistic? I think it's more realistic now than it's ever been in the past.

And we see time and time again managers with money to spend assemble a great looking squad and do nothing with it.

It's a crying shame, and even worse for us because we don't have the resources that we can throw another 100 mil at the manager to rectify the season.

This is his 3rd season and we are seeing the same mistakes week in week out.

I know it's easy to sit here and say this in hind sight when it's not my job on the line, but really...

What can happen in the dressing room at half time (Bournemouth, Boro & Norwich) that can change how we play so radically? And then there is nothing done (subs or change if radios) to try and alter it.

It's exactly the same as the start of last season. How can we be a season and a half on and still be doing the same thing?

Thankfully enough of the players are in much better form than they were last year of we'd be....

Imagine if Lukaku wasn't scoring and Barry, Coleman and Kone were playing like last year, I'd be losing my mind.

Rant over quite simply we are to good for these results and I do not see Martinez being able to change.

I hope I'm wrong!!!

^ agreed 100%.

This team is better than what we see. Actually a lot better. These lads need some tough love, and when appropriate and warranted, the manager should be telling them as much. Instead we get more of the 'kum-bi-yah' bullshit that just seems to give a certain propensity of mediocrity to the whole situation. What would Klopp be saying if this was his team? I think they need that brutal honesty because obviously the current plan isn't working. In terms of the actual management, subs, etc of the match, I really feel that RM doesn't have a clue half of the time, or his strategic "genius" needs a massive overhaul.

There are probably more possibilities, but start with these 4.

1. Both the players and the manager are high quality, so our recent performances are really just down to bad luck, hitting the woodwork, etc. We're certain -- truly, almost literally certain -- to move up the table gradually.

2. Roberto is a football genius, but the players are failing, and not merely because of bad luck. They lack aggressiveness, focus, and are collectively, because quite a few are individually, overrated. Some specific players are way overrated by Everton fans.

3. The squad is, yes, deep with talent at most positions. Roberto is vastly overrated, has lost the plot re squad rotation, substitutions, formations, creating squad cohesion, playing favorites, He's a very nice guy, but out of his depth in the EPL.

4. Neither the players nor the manager are particularly talented. They are overrated. Unfortunately, we are in the table just about where our good-but-not-excellent talent level logically allows us to be. Mid table, 8-11.

NO.3

Unfortunately I think these past 3 games will make the difference this season - we got 3 points from what should have been 9. Liverpool, Man U and Tottenham also dropped points on the weekend so I think this round has to go down as a big missed opportunity. If you add on those 6 points that we dropped, we'd be in 4th place with an upcoming fixture against Leicester that could possibly hoist us into 3rd, but instead we are languishing in 10th.

We are playing really good football 70% of the time, but perhaps not having the experience to close out games is a negative side effect of having young talent in the spine of the team.

Edited by brisbaneblue