IGNORED

Manchester City (League Cup Semi-Finals Home First Leg)

markjazzbassist

Fantastic performance. Energy, passion, intensity, skill, we deserved to beat one of the supposed big boys. Besic was immense, Barkley showed he's a final decision away from being frightening, Lukaku even before the goal showing why he is currently perhaps the hottest property in the country. And we even defended pretty well! (Bar a break away goal, a stonewall penalty not being given and Aguero missing a sitter...)

So the question is... if we can produce that in a cup semi final, why aren't we taking the Premier League by storm? That's the benchmark now, anything less is unacceptable.

Very good performance all round.

How Navas doesn't start for them I don't know. Danger man caused all sorts of problems when he came on

when you have your 150m midfield of de bruyne, david silva, raheem sterling, yaya toure, not sure who you drop for lowly navas lol

but you're right, he looks a nice player and pelligrini always plays him a good amount.

when you have your 150m midfield of de bruyne, david silva, raheem sterling, yaya toure, not sure who you drop for lowly navas lol

but you're right, he looks a nice player and pelligrini always plays him a good amount.

When he came on changed the game he caused all kinds of trouble on that right hand side. Did the same against Watford for them as well certainly not "lowly" Navas.

I forgot De Bruyne was on the pitch after about the first twenty minutes, he disappeared; Toure was pedestrian and Silva wasn't much better. I like to think that's because of how we played rather than them being poor, we shut them down completely and should have won by more.

Telegraph....

Most importantly this one stood. It came on half-time with a corner swung in and running beyond the goal to Deulofeu whose powerful cross-shot was beaten out by Willy Caballero. It rebounded to Funes Mori who swept it past his countryman.

Do these people not watch the game?

I guess not! That's absurd!

Had a read of other forums and news soruces - twitter etc and some fans really do need a slap.

The victim last night of "I am looking to see everything he doesn't do well" was Osman.... seriously. I thought aside from one or two passes that showed rust he was a very mature head on the pitch. When city were upping the tempo he slowed it down, he had us doing some triangles to take the edge off their play.

Sure he never dribbled past 4 men, did any defence splitting passes but he showed a clamness about him that made you realise what a good footballer he is. You can bet Martinez will keep him as a coach - thinking footballer.

I was a bit pissed off when he came on, I'll admit, but he did really well and Martinez made the right decision.

His hospital ball that got Baines twatted made me want to strangle him though!

I was a bit pissed off when he came on, I'll admit, but he did really well and Martinez made the right decision.

His hospital ball that got Baines twatted made me want to strangle him though!

we need to actually use him and get rid of the rust, if we are winning with 10 minutes - get him on. He stops the unnecessary stuff, finds space, passes to a man in space and kills the game.

Well tbf, Osman isthe kind of player we actually WANT to perform badly. I mean we all respect him, he's an exemplary player in terms of club loyalty, but on the other hand... he's almost symptomatic of mediocrity. Every EFC fan wants their club to get to the same level of football as Spurs, ManU and Arsenal, but Osman is not gonna bring us there. People just see what they want to see, so Osman will always have to do a little extra to get some love from the fans for it. There's nothing wrong with Osman... but he's the kind of player you're link to EPL clubs like Aston Villa or West Ham - mediocre ones. We want Everton to play in the Champions League, which is why we love Baines, Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu because they have it in them.

Well tbf, Osman isthe kind of player we actually WANT to perform badly. I mean we all respect him, he's an exemplary player in terms of club loyalty, but on the other hand... he's almost symptomatic of mediocrity. Every EFC fan wants their club to get to the same level of football as Spurs, ManU and Arsenal, but Osman is not gonna bring us there. People just see what they want to see, so Osman will always have to do a little extra to get some love from the fans for it. There's nothing wrong with Osman... but he's the kind of player you're link to EPL clubs like Aston Villa or West Ham - mediocre ones. We want Everton to play in the Champions League, which is why we love Baines, Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu because they have it in them.

basically fans love players who are big tacklers, entertaining or score goals - unfortunately that alone doesnt win you trophies... that is why many winners medals Michael carrick has had stick over the years... fans dont really see what he does. Managers do, players do.

Fantastic performance. Energy, passion, intensity, skill, we deserved to beat one of the supposed big boys. Besic was immense, Barkley showed he's a final decision away from being frightening, Lukaku even before the goal showing why he is currently perhaps the hottest property in the country. And we even defended pretty well! (Bar a break away goal, a stonewall penalty not being given and Aguero missing a sitter...)

So the question is... if we can produce that in a cup semi final, why aren't we taking the Premier League by storm? That's the benchmark now, anything less is unacceptable.

To be honest we have at times slaughted teams in the prem, performance wise, just not finishing them off and a few stupid defencive errors have cost us.

At our best we are VERY good, the manager and coaches really need to work on a couple of problem areas.They could be found guilty of under achieving whilst in charge of one of the best Everton squads for years.

I don't think you've watched him over his career. If Osman was 5 years younger Barkley wouldn't have a spot in the team.