IGNORED

US Politics/Biden Presidency (Trump-free zone)

johnh

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Palfy said:

How the fuck has the American system given so much power to their Presidents, that they can single handedly hold their own people to ransom when things don’t go there way, it’s becoming a dictatorship under Trump. 

They can’t. The bills could override the veto with a supermajority, the votes are already there . But repubs don’t want to go against their own.

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

They can’t. The bills could override the veto with a supermajority, the votes are already there . But repubs don’t want to go against their own.

I’ll be very surprised if the veto doesn’t pass. Both sides and the presidents office drafted this, they won’t let some petty man child cripple people further 

26 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

We are hearing Republicans are now standing against him yet he still refuses to do the right things, he’s refused to sign the bill that was agreed by Democrats and Republicans yet he’s still playing god putting millions of Americans in poverty and closing government departments, any country with a backbone would have implemented what you said by now, not allowed him to do what he wants, do yourselves and the world a favour get the fucker out now. 
Your place on the world stage is diminishing and the longer he’s allowed  to carry on like he is the weaker your country becomes which isn’t good for you or us. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We are hearing Republicans are now standing against him yet he still refuses to do the right things, he’s refused to sign the bill that was agreed by Democrats and Republicans yet he’s still playing god putting millions of Americans in poverty and closing government departments, any country with a backbone would have implemented what you said by now, not allowed him to do what he wants, do yourselves and the world a favour get the fucker out now. 
Your place on the world stage is diminishing and the longer he’s allowed  to carry on like he is the weaker your country becomes which isn’t good for you or us. 

He is out, come January 20 he’s gone

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I hope when he’s gone they turn every stone to find the evidence of his corrupt time in power, then if he’s found guilty of fraud, treason and putting the country and people at risk lock him up for a very long time, preferably the length of time he spent as President. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I hope when he’s gone they turn every stone to find the evidence of his corrupt time in power, then if he’s found guilty of fraud, treason and putting the country and people at risk lock him up for a very long time, preferably the length of time he spent as President. 

"...maybe that administration will be me..." rather than maybe that administration will be mine. Freudian slip, he may not be allowed to act as a dictator but he'd certainly like to.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

I read that this morning, him and his supporters aren’t going away, he should be gone on the 20th but at what cost to the USA political system, a system that is looking more and more like it can’t instigate an electoral decision made by the people. 
The USA is broken democracy which is a dangerous thing for a super power to be. 

Well it's looking very likely that both Warnock and Ossoff are going to win Georgia. Hasn't been called yet, but Warnock is all but guaranteed and Ossoff is close. 

I'm absolutely over the moon, but there is so much work to do. These next two weeks could be scary, with the current administration likely trying to ram through as much destruction as possible. They're already planning on a bill that further strips civil rights protections for minorities. Trying to be hopeful for the future, but worried about what might happen these next few weeks

I'm delighted that, here in Georgia, we've potentially changed the course of world history. My four sons live in the state: They and their better halves had the chance to vote, and clearly it made a difference.

Yes, I'm a little concerned about violence later today in Washington DC, urged on by the president, but these shenanigans should soon be over. And then, with a huge sigh of relief, we can all cry, "So long, Donald Trump. YOU ARE FIRED!"

19 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'm delighted that, here in Georgia, we've potentially changed the course of world history. My four sons live in the state: They and their better halves had the chance to vote, and clearly it made a difference.

Yes, I'm a little concerned about violence later today in Washington DC, urged on by the president, but these shenanigans should soon be over. And then, with a huge sigh of relief, we can all cry, "So long, Donald Trump. YOU ARE FIRED!"

Well, the violence has started. They are bombarding the Capitol and residencies are being evacuated nearby. And I'm waiting for the teargas and rubber (and real) bullets from police, because we know if black and brown people pulled this kind of fucking stunt, it would be a massacre. Amerikkka strikes again. 

37 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well, the violence has started. They are bombarding the Capitol and residencies are being evacuated nearby. And I'm waiting for the teargas and rubber (and real) bullets from police, because we know if black and brown people pulled this kind of fucking stunt, it would be a massacre. Amerikkka strikes again. 

Watched the incendiary speech, frightening. Now dipping in to the live feed. Was good to see Paul Gosar demonstrating how to wear a mask....for anyone not watching this wasn't a slip, it was better on before he started speaking and he intentionally pulled it out of the way, and whenever it slipped close to being on properly he removed it again. Great example.

Capture.JPG