Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

France cynicallly intends to offer Britain an EEA- that excludes passporting, but givs them a migration cap, and single market access.

This is a brilliant move: "you get less Poles, but we want your banks." It would be in France's interests to encourage UK out to get banks.

Ben Judah@b_judah 6 u6 uur geleden Hackney, London

This would leave some stuff shirt like Crabb in a disastrous position: Paris and Berlin would have handed him a deal only "bad for bankers."

But the cynical French deal would be exactly the kind of cap migration, free movement for us and single market deal that the public want.

France cynicallly intends to offer Britain an EEA- that excludes passporting, but givs them a migration cap, and single market access.

This is a brilliant move: "you get less Poles, but we want your banks." It would be in France's interests to encourage UK out to get banks.

Ben Judah@b_judah 6 u6 uur geleden Hackney, London

This would leave some stuff shirt like Crabb in a disastrous position: Paris and Berlin would have handed him a deal only "bad for bankers."

But the cynical French deal would be exactly the kind of cap migration, free movement for us and single market deal that the public want.

Re 'stuff shirt like Crabb' who are we talking about here?

Ben Judah ‏@b_judah 6 u6 uur geleden Hackney, London

Wouldnt Poland veto such a deal?

Does seem like the other 27 will have to budge on the immigration issue. Commenters on dailymail.co.uk are pretty firm in their stance that they wont be buying a bmw any time soon.

Edited by holystove

Hopefully the EU can spend money now on improving the infrastructure of the Eastern European countries people that many are moving from. If they could have sorted that out before hand with the warning signs there for all to see then the remain vote would have been far higher.

This.

If the Eastern European countries hadn't joined in 2004, this whole immigration issue wouldn't have played. You don't see scores of Dutch crossing the Channel looking for a better life. They should have waited to join till they were economically more advanced.

By idiots being given the right to vote doesn't mean the article is correct or even evidential I'd hazard a guess and say most of the numbnuts that are of that mindset didn't even vote

I'm sure 9m (majority as its being put) got their union jack undies and knickers on and marched to the nearest polling station with the thought of no immigrant ever stepping foot in this country again, give people some credit not everyone is a dumb less intelligent creature from Jeremy Kyle

It is bollcocks because it is founded on 1200 to 1700 tweets 17m people voted if you deem that a sound basis for debate and labeling then it's pointless even talking to you

I hate racism hence why I won't be put into a simple minded bracket by people who have spat their dummies out because they lost like smacked arsed kids, will racism have played a part yes most certainly not denying that but a very very small one and certainly something you can't gauge from a load of shite conveniently plucked from Twitter

I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make here Paul, no one has said that the entire 19 million leave votes were based on xenophobia, and no an article aggregating racism on twitter is not valid data on voter intentions, but there are plenty of proper polls that are, and immigration was the number two reason to leave across all the major parties.

(I know you can be concerned about immigration and not be xenophobic but it would be very naive to think that played no part here)

Is this bit real?

(This isn't me being sarcastic).

Yes, I am wooly back.

Topical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft338yltVLE

Edited by Chach

The points fairly obvious and in reply to your previous post saying it isn't nonsense which it is

As I said above that racism will have played a part but a very small one, not saying you have said that or insinuated it but a very very high number of people on social media do and conveniently news outlets releasing a handful of clips of racist outbursts since the vote to highlight the new found problem of racism since the vote.. it's ridiculous

I've seen people talking of racism and intolerance but the intolerance and jibes have come from the vast majority of the remain camp... contradictive if you ask me

Immigration would obviously be high on the list it's one of the major pitfalls of being in the EU it doesn't illustrate racism wanting to cut it back it's not immigration as a whole that's the problem it's mass immigration if it where controlled and policed better then I don't think we'd have as much hostility towards the subject

Anyway it's a moot point now what's done is done and hopefully we invoke article 50 put a solid negotiation team together and crack on and see what the future holds

Edited by EFC-Paul

Could someone please explain to me why free migration from state to state is required to participate in the European economic zone?

From my perspective, migration of this sort is used by superpowers to keep associated fiefdoms in check ( eg USSR ).

Because it is a core EU value and if you want free access to the economic zone you need to accept that as well.

Soo... USA in the 19th century had free migration to keep fiefdoms in check? And I don't get the reference to the USSR. They had forced mass migrations but for a long time ordinary people were not allowed to move without permission.

Interesting economic predictions about the Brexit: https://twitter.com/AlexWhite1812?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Edited by Makis

Fox News sides with Brexit? Shocking. Still wondering what Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, .. make of this. I thought I saw Fred Phelps holding a Brexit sign, but apparently he's been dead for over a year.

Soo... USA in the 19th century had free migration to keep fiefdoms in check? And I don't get the reference to the USSR. They had forced mass migrations but for a long time ordinary people were not allowed to move without permission.

Well he did say "From my perspective" .. :happy:

The points fairly obvious and in reply to your previous post saying it isn't nonsense which it is

As I said above that racism will have played a part but a very small one, not saying you have said that or insinuated it but a very very high number of people on social media do and conveniently news outlets releasing a handful of clips of racist outbursts since the vote to highlight the new found problem of racism since the vote.. it's ridiculous

I've seen people talking of racism and intolerance but the intolerance and jibes have come from the vast majority of the remain camp... contradictive if you ask me

Immigration would obviously be high on the list it's one of the major pitfalls of being in the EU it doesn't illustrate racism wanting to cut it back it's not immigration as a whole that's the problem it's mass immigration if it where controlled and policed better then I don't think we'd have as much hostility towards the subject

Anyway it's a moot point now what's done is done and hopefully we invoke article 50 put a solid negotiation team together and crack on and see what the future holds

I saw a lot of anger and shock in the first couple of days from the Remain voters, but nearly all of them I know are accepting it (still angry mind) and trying to concentrate on how to either challenge or prepare for the change (if it happens). The vast majority of incidents have come from the Leave camp, but only if the media is to be believed.

We're still being played by the powers that be, media especially, to keep up the tensions.

Are you suggesting they shouldn't be reporting racist incidents?

As I said above that racism will have played a part but a very small one

It was hardly a landslide though was it, the spread was 4% so only requiring a 2.5% swing to make it remain.

Next you'll be saying that people who vote UKIP aren't racists, its just the people who run it are.

It was hardly a landslide though was it, the spread was 4% so only requiring a 2.5% swing to make it remain.

Next you'll be saying that people who vote UKIP aren't racists, its just the people who run it are.

Hate UKIP with a passion, but I think it's a stretch to label ALL of their voters racist; certainly a significant proportion of them are but not all.

Hate UKIP with a passion, but I think it's a stretch to label ALL of their voters racist; certainly a significant proportion of them are but not all.

Wouldn't one sign of being non-racist be that you don't support someone (Farage) who is? What non-racist would elect a racist to represent him or her?

Maybe not -all- UKIP voters are racist but at the very least that would indicate they don't find racism that important of an issue.

Are you suggesting they shouldn't be reporting racist incidents?

Come on Mike don't be daft we both know the intent behind the reports are to put doubt into people's minds it's how the media works, like the four knuckle dragging lads giving an American (I think he was American) on the metro in Manchester grief is that really news worthy? About twenty to thirty numbskulls with signs by the side of the road is that news worthy?

Would they have shown those events well before Brexit... I very much doubt it as it happens on a daily basis from all sides and angles

Matt that maybe the case over there and I'm not saying everyone is in that bracket just the vast majority of what's online

What does UKIP have to do with anything we've discussed you've gone from trying to justify racism being a larger part of all this than it actually was from a conveniently put together piece of tweets by racist morons 1200 vs 17.5m votes

As Mike said I don't care for UKIP one bit but your tarnishing people with the same brush due to their political views, how many people who voted remain are racist? How many ethnic minorities voted to leave? The list goes on...

Come on Mike don't be daft we both know the intent behind the reports are to put doubt into people's minds it's how the media works, like the four knuckle dragging lads giving an American (I think he was American) on the metro in Manchester grief is that really news worthy? About twenty to thirty numbskulls with signs by the side of the road is that news worthy?

Would they have shown those events well before Brexit... I very much doubt it as it happens on a daily basis from all sides and angles

Matt that maybe the case over there and I'm not saying everyone is in that bracket just the vast majority of what's online

Perhaps I'm being naïve but I very much hope so.

Perhaps I'm being naïve but I very much hope so.

I'm not suggesting that btw but it's more local news I'd expect such low key events to be shown maybe I'm overreacting the way the media and government operate and go hand in hand, I just find it all to convenient but that's probably the conspiracy theorist in me ?

Stabbed in the back by his bestie; it's like an episode of Dallas this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36677028

Heard on the radio earlier that there's a tweet doing the rounds, "The most momentous day in British politics since yesterday!"

Meltdown everywhere.

If you look up "slime" in a dictionary, the first definition is "Michael Gove". I didn't think there could be a worse case scenario than Boris but this is it.

Heard on the radio earlier that there's a tweet doing the rounds, "The most momentous day in British politics since yesterday!"

Meltdown everywhere.

If you look up "slime" in a dictionary, the first definition is "Michael Gove". I didn't think there could be a worse case scenario than Boris but this is it.

I dont fully understand how the mrs gove email fits into this. Dracle and murdoch i get, but who is henry and who was it adressed to?

I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make here Paul, no one has said that the entire 19 million leave votes were based on xenophobia, and no an article aggregating racism on twitter is not valid data on voter intentions, but there are plenty of proper polls that are, and immigration was the number two reason to leave across all the major parties.

(I know you can be concerned about immigration and not be xenophobic but it would be very naive to think that played no part here)

Yes, I am wooly back.

Topical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft338yltVLE

Immigration was the #3 issue, not #2.

Meltdown everywhere.

ah so Gove is worse. would May be the better alternative?

ah so Gove is worse. would May be the better alternative?

Without a doubt; can't stand her either (or any Tory since Chris Patten come to that, except my dad) but there could be nobody worse. I'd rather a syphilitic newt ran the country.