IGNORED

Man Utd - 3 August 2016 (Rooney Testimonial)

Louis

Got to take the positives from the game I suppose.

- we didn't lose

- clean sheet

- Holgate looked good along with Mirallas

- pitch was nice

- money was raised for a good cause

I thought we had the better opportunities against one of the strongest teams in the premier...on thier ground. Edited by Shukes

Holgate looked really good pulled Stones out of the shit a few times!

With him Galloway, Browning and Pennington we've a great defence in a season or 2. Thought the way we set up was ideal for the players we had on the pitch aswell top marks to Koeman for that!

Seriously cannot believe Martinez has the Belgium job tho I nearly choked on my drink when I heard that!

Quite like that formation for us. If only tweak it to have one sitter ( I know it's said a lot but with 3 cb's I think we will be fine ) and get both Gerry and Kev into the line up. If we play two CM's one needs to be a bit more creative. McCarthy/Barry is just non threatening. Gibson/Besic with either or for me.

Went to the game last night. Some observations (many said before):

1. We were markedly better when the subs came on (Lennon, Besic, Cleverley, Oviedo) - especially down the left. Lots of energy and full of running. Mirallas was good, too, from HT.

2. Route 1 to Lukaku is not a plan. He needs to go.

3. Some nice touches from Barkley (all the United fans round me went quiet when he got on the ball near goal) but he did nowhere near enough. One run, one back heel, then ambling round. For the life of me, I don't know why he doesn't just put the burners on and go.

4. Holgate was very good.

5. Davies didn't look out of place.

6. As has been said, we are far too slow in the middle of the park. Barry, McCarthy et al need to go.

7. As has been said, Stekelenburg's kicking was woeful.

8. United were dreary.

9. Going to be a long season. I'd like Koeman to be really brave and play the youth and the energy players.

Quite like that formation for us. If only tweak it to have one sitter ( I know it's said a lot but with 3 cb's I think we will be fine ) and get both Gerry and Kev into the line up. If we play two CM's one needs to be a bit more creative. McCarthy/Barry is just non threatening. Gibson/Besic with either or for me.

If we're going to go 3 at the back then Koeman has to be better at making it work, because under Martinez we looked shambolic whenever we gave it a go. With him it was almost like he just wanted to do something different but hadn't actually given it any thought as to how to make it work with the players he had.