IGNORED

Wesley Sneijder

Gareth Barry was the same age when he came to us? Why not? If we get 3-4 good years out of him? That kind of experience is priceless again like Barry.

He was also very much accustomed to the league, and hadn't been playing in a "vacation league" for several years.

For 5 million pounds or so he could add depth to the midfield and being a big name it would certainly encourage other players to follow him. At 5 or 6 million it's a relatively low risk.

It's not his transfer fee that worries me, its his wage bracket.

You know what, the more I think about it, the more I'm OK with it.

Is he the player he used to be? No. Everton would never have stood any chance of getting WS in his prime.

He is experienced. He is a true all round midfielder. Is he someone who could teach someone like Ross or Dowell to be better players and take the next step to becoming international footballers? Potentially yes.

He'll cost around £5/6m, which wouldn't get you and English League 1 player now a days. Yes his wages will be high but we might be smart and offer a pay as you play.

If it's true. I'm OK. This is who RK wants to start his revolution. Is he better than what's gone out the door (Osman)? If the answer is yes, then no problem.

Edited by Lowensda

You know what, the more I think about it, the more I'm OK with it.

Is he the player he used to be? No. Everton would never have stood any chance of getting WS in his prime.

He is experienced. He is a true all round midfielder. Is he someone who could teach someone like Ross or Dowell to be better players and take the next step to becoming international footballers? Potentially yes.

He'll cost around £5/6m, which wouldn't get you and English League 1 player now a days. Yes his wages will be high but we might be smart and offer a pay as you play.

If it's true. I'm OK. This is who RK wants to start his revolution. Is he better than what's gone out the door (Osman)? If the answer is yes, then no problem.

literally just went through this same thought process in my head too. i'm fine with it for that price, plus he will want to prove he's still got it and i think his influence on the youngsters could be huge. Haf has been saying how Ross needs a mentor, wesley could be it.

This is a good signing, he can certainly still do a job for us and, as people have said, he is a damn site better than what we previously had.

Man United fans are ecstatic about the thought of signing a 34 year old Ibrahimovic so there must be some value in these more "veteran" players.

Good point and it's his vision and technical ability that will deem him a decent signing I can't comment on pace as I've not seen much of him over the last few years

As Haf says he'd be a great mentor to Ross Dowel and some of the other lads