IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have been thinking the same watching him. Because his form has dipped, he seems to be trying to hard to do certain things instead of relying on what he is good at. Hopefully Carlos words will sink in and he will start playing his position like he enjoys it again.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

So a blunder is him not being able to catch a ball whilst being pushed?

Honestly, he looks like he's going to make a meal of it anyway. Hardly even a push really, but i suppose he gets the benefit of the doubt as who knows what would have happened if Maguire didn't touch him? 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Honestly, he looks like he's going to make a meal of it anyway. Hardly even a push really, but i suppose he gets the benefit of the doubt as who knows what would have happened if Maguire didn't touch him? 

Probably catches the ball. Worse case bounces it on the spot and catches it as he'd be directly over the ball without the push.

This man hunt for Pickford is getting out of hand. Really feels like people are willing him to fail. He's won us more points than he's cost since he's been here, so far this season he hasn't cost us any and yesterday even played apart in us scoring.

He's not the best in the world but he's very fucking good. If any of the top six lost their keeper no doubt in my mind he'd be on their short lists.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

But he did get pushed, there’s no point discussing what would’ve happened. Try jumping with your hands up trying to catch a moving ball and have someone push you slightly in the middle of your chest. Your arms immediately move inward, you move back and you’ve lost balance. Maguire has even said he “probably” fouled, so why is this even a discussion? 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Probably catches the ball. Worse case bounces it on the spot and catches it as he'd be directly over the ball without the push.

This man hunt for Pickford is getting out of hand. Really feels like people are willing him to fail. He's won us more points than he's cost since he's been here, so far this season he hasn't cost us any and yesterday even played apart in us scoring.

He's not the best in the world but he's very fucking good. If any of the top six lost their keeper no doubt in my mind he'd be on their short lists.

I agree mate for me I find incomprehensible that fellow Evertonians are looking for him to fuck up every game, so much so that they have to nick pick on the smallest insignificant incidents every game, I can understand that from supporters of other team's but our own very poor. 

Referring to yesterday's incident I myself said fucking hell Pickford catch it, which I take back and apologise to him for, others won't in fact knowing now what happened they still hold him responsible, some even claimed it was a Stonewall penalty that Pickford had fouled McGuire, no hands up I was wrong instead they will be even more eager to run him down at a later date to make up for the fact that they can't hang him for Saturday's incident, because as much as they are blinkered there is a limit 🚫 to how much they can blame him for.

Another player that’s not allowed to be criticised because others get upset? 
Really guys, you all need to relax a bit. Both sides have lost all subjectively here.

Pickford hasn’t been good this season. Simple. Those sticking up for him are glossing over cracks.

Pickford hasn’t been awful this season. Simple. Those slating him are over reacting.

Was him dropping the ball down to a push? If it was then he needs to work out more, that was more of a tickle.

Was it a terrible mistake? More like a player low on confidence, takes a slight nudge and being already fragile dropped the ball. 

But there is a growing trend on TT recently where we’re not allowed to discuss.

I can personally recall getting slated for criticising Gomes in the... Gomes thread. A page later everyone is at it haha.

I think we all need to stop taking it so personally. It’s ugly to watch recently.

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Really guys, you all need to relax a bit. Both sides have lost all subjectively here.

Pickford hasn’t been good this season. Simple. Those sticking up for him are glossing over cracks.

Pickford hasn’t been awful this season. Simple. Those slating him are over reacting.

Was him dropping the ball down to a push? If it was then he needs to work out more, that was more of a tickle.

Was it a terrible mistake? More like a player low on confidence, takes a slight nudge and being already fragile dropped the ball. 

I can personally recall getting slated for criticising Gomes in the... Gomes thread. A page later everyone is at it haha.

I think we all need to stop taking it so personally. It’s ugly to watch recently.

You weren't willing him to fail though. The vibe I get from some Everton fans is that they want him to fail and that's just weird to me.

As for the push if you're in the air it doesn't matter how strong you are, you're gonna move. (One of my bug bears is when people give you a little shove on the back when you go for a header, doesn't even have to be hard but it can knock you for 6).

37 minutes ago, Shukes said:

When you're off the ground you can't go backwards forwards or sideways try it, you need a separate force to propel you in any of those directions simple Physics really, Pickford is clearly pushed when off the ground which sends him backwards that can not happen with out force impossible.

We are discussing there's never been a problem with that that I'm aware of, can you please explain how if you jump straight up in the air you then land 2-3 feet behind where you took off from how that happens, unless of course your David Blaine or Dynamo.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When you're off the ground you can't go backwards forwards or sideways try it, you need a separate force to propel you in any of those directions simple Physics really, Pickford is clearly pushed when off the ground which sends him backwards that can not happen with out force impossible.

We are discussing there's never been a problem with that that I'm aware of, can you please explain how if you jump straight up in the air you then land 2-3 feet behind where you took off from how that happens, unless of course your David Blaine or Dynamo.

I agree with both of you that a touch on air is like a shove on the ground. 
But I also know that goalkeepers, along with any other player, gets this type of treatment every single game. DCL possibly ten to fifteen times a game. And they have to learn to deal with it as best they can.

If you think he could t have done any better in that situation, then who am I to argue. But I’m simply in the camp of, keeper should have done better there. If he is going to drop the ball anytime he is touched.... then sorry, but the premier league isn’t where he should be.

Now saying that, I don’t think Jordan will agree you either of you. I honestly think he will be disappointed with that. Any progressional Keeper would be. And I think he knows he can do better.

44 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I agree with both of you that a touch on air is like a shove on the ground. 
But I also know that goalkeepers, along with any other player, gets this type of treatment every single game. DCL possibly ten to fifteen times a game. And they have to learn to deal with it as best they can.

If you think he could t have done any better in that situation, then who am I to argue. But I’m simply in the camp of, keeper should have done better there. If he is going to drop the ball anytime he is touched.... then sorry, but the premier league isn’t where he should be.

Now saying that, I don’t think Jordan will agree you either of you. I honestly think he will be disappointed with that. Any progressional Keeper would be. And I think he knows he can do better.

I get what your saying and he will be disappointed at not being able to keep hold of it, but we can only guess really what he's thinking, but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt more because he was pushed a nano second before the ball arrived so there for I don't believe he had the ball fully in his possession, or you could be in the camp that believes he would have dropped it even if he wasn't pushed .

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Well he was jumping slightly backwards so whilst I know what you’re getting at, you can go in different directions. But that more reinforces the impact of a slight touch.

If Jordan's head isn't in the right place then all sympathy and there are few on here who don't have undertanding/experience of mental issues. He'll probably play a blinder or two for England but we are talking Everton and I hope Carlo puts Robin in v Fulham. JP's not instilling confidence in the defence.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

7 hours ago, Matt said:

But he did get pushed, there’s no point discussing what would’ve happened. Try jumping with your hands up trying to catch a moving ball and have someone push you slightly in the middle of your chest. Your arms immediately move inward, you move back and you’ve lost balance. Maguire has even said he “probably” fouled, so why is this even a discussion? 

Not a witch hunt. A player who makes on average 1 big mistake a game is going to naturally get scrutinised whatever happens. I agree though, hardly worth arguing about. 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

If Jordan's head isn't in the right place then all sympathy and there are few on here who don't have undertanding/experience of mental issues. He'll probably play a blinder or two for England but we are talking Everton and I hope Carlo puts Robin in v Fulham. JP's not instilling confidence in the defence.

He's been trash since his second season here. His mental health because of the VVD incident has nothing to do with his ability. He's playing as he was prior to the incident and will continue to do so. 

Its a shame because I thought he showed so much promise after that first season he had for us. I think he's massively let it get to his head. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Get in Nev completely feel your pain and understanding  

It’s wrong though from the media. Still when I google Everton it comes up with keeper who ended VVD season gets away with another horror tackle ( Maguire ). Absolutely disgusting the freedom the media have to slander and create an agenda against individuals.