IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

Many lads I know who follow North End rate him very highly and really wanted to try and tie him down after his loan spell

Looks a very good long term option as said it has Butland written all over it imo, lifelong Sunderland fan from what I've read but hopefully he has the sense to jump a sinking ship

• 2 weeks later...

His decision making has been awful today so far. He looks a decent keeper but has a lot to learn.

He is still a young lad so it is to be expected. IMO he looks better than Butland did at this stage of his career.

I would say though that it is easier being a keeper at a club at the bottom of the table as you have more chances to impress but I think he would still be worth the risk based on what I have seen of him.

• 4 weeks later...

We already have a talented young keeper. His name is Robles. Koeman made a huge mistake in signing an aging Dutchman, but I don't see him admitting a mistake. (Sorry for the negative tone, but we should be making better use of the assets we have, not spending a fortune in a position where we already have talent waiting in the wings. Spend where the need is much greater.)

Edited by Cornish Steve