IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The one that’s been dropped by Burnley? That Trafford?

I was impressed with him for England U21s but he’s not looked good in big boys football at all. He needs to get a lot stronger because he’s weak as piss. 

He wasn't dropped; he was sick. Moreover, he was included in the senior England squad against Belgium.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I can see Martinez leaving Villa in the summer for a Barca/Real profile. I can see Villa coming in for Pickford.

I can see him going on to a big club like that as well. Villa dont mind spending some money as well. I don't want to lose Pickford but his value is only going to go down from here on in. We have to get the replacement right though. Onana is the easiest to replace of the 3 we could be selling, for example Ndidi on a free would be good business.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

He wasn't dropped; he was sick. Moreover, he was included in the senior England squad against Belgium.

He was dropped. He hasn't played for weeks, even after the two mistakes the replacement made.

He wasn't in the original squad and was only moved over from the U21s to make up the numbers in training after the number 3 keeper had to pull out.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I can see Martinez leaving Villa in the summer for a Barca/Real profile. I can see Villa coming in for Pickford.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

I can see him going on to a big club like that as well. Villa dont mind spending some money as well. I don't want to lose Pickford but his value is only going to go down from here on in. We have to get the replacement right though. Onana is the easiest to replace of the 3 we could be selling, for example Ndidi on a free would be good business.

I just can't see Pickford being sold unless we go down when we'd have to take any sort of offer for him.

I don't think a team would even pay more than the £30m we paid for him originally and that means it's not really worth it for us.

Onana's a given in my opinion, he's already gone in my mind. He's got lots of potential but, as Btay says, for what he currently brings you could replace him for a lot less than he'd be sold for. I would just hope that Thelwell looks further afield than here. There's lots of value out there if you cast your net wide and even though we're a PL club (hopefully!) it'll be well known that we haven't got great finances so we shouldn't get destroyed on fees.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just can't see Pickford being sold unless we go down when we'd have to take any sort of offer for him.

I don't think a team would even pay more than the £30m we paid for him originally and that means it's not really worth it for us.

Onana's a given in my opinion, he's already gone in my mind. He's got lots of potential but, as Btay says, for what he currently brings you could replace him for a lot less than he'd be sold for. I would just hope that Thelwell looks further afield than here. There's lots of value out there if you cast your net wide and even though we're a PL club (hopefully!) it'll be well known that we haven't got great finances so we shouldn't get destroyed on fees.

Onana should have been bought for the £7m before he went to Lille - we are always one transfer behind. 

lets be honest Onana isn't worth £30m - he will go for more cos he has the profile that makes elite clubs think he could be a long term number 6 (not an 8 cos he can't shoot).   If we get £50m for him I will laugh my balls off. 

we need to operate in the market of "young elite level athlete with potential to develop technically" and get in there like we did chermiti. He looks absolutely incredible physically for 19, he looks unrecognisable from the player we signed. He held his own against Murillo who is a strong lad.  My money says he will be an absolute nightmare for defenders as a target man. 

that's all Anthony Gordon is - a young athlete with bags of pace.  Technically extremely average but it is a game changer for clubs to have pace. 

On 22/04/2024 at 11:56, Matt said:

I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the "assests" we'll look to move on. Ramsdale is being rumoured to other clubs, if Pickford were to go I'd hope we were after him.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, he's a right spunk goblin. Didn't rate him at all with Bournemouth, didn't rate him with Sheffield United and was surprised that he got the level up to Arsenal. 

He's viral and considered a good 'keeper because he turns to the crowd and does a little fist pump when he takes a goal kick. All the kids on LAD Bible love it, as for actually being a goalkeeper he's painfully average - not surprised in the slightest that Arteta dropped him sharpish and brought in Raya.

Genuinely wouldn't have him here, and I'm well aware we're shit too.

50 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, he's a right spunk goblin. Didn't rate him at all with Bournemouth, didn't rate him with Sheffield United and was surprised that he got the level up to Arsenal. 

He's viral and considered a good 'keeper because he turns to the crowd and does a little fist pump when he takes a goal kick. All the kids on LAD Bible love it, as for actually being a goalkeeper he's painfully average - not surprised in the slightest that Arteta dropped him sharpish and brought in Raya.

Genuinely wouldn't have him here, and I'm well aware we're shit too.

Glad you sat on the fence there mate...

:lol: