IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

7 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Not at all. It is obvious he is committed and loves he club but he is a brilliant stopper and if the money is right we could sell?

I don’t think there’s a big move for him… Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal have all brought new keepers this season - Man C, Liverpool, Villa don’t need him - Newcastle is just a no go for him. I don’t see him going abroad so, as long as we’re in this league, I don’t see him going anywhere. Last summer was the time to go if he was with 4 of the Sky 6 bringing in new ‘number 1s’.

37 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I don’t think there’s a big move for him… Man U, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal have all brought new keepers this season - Man C, Liverpool, Villa don’t need him - Newcastle is just a no go for him. I don’t see him going abroad so, as long as we’re in this league, I don’t see him going anywhere. Last summer was the time to go if he was with 4 of the Sky 6 bringing in new ‘number 1s’.

I think you've summed it up well. Just that I think he is very important to us.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope he spends the rest of his career with us, I really do.

A lot of our fans don't want him to get involved when the Newcastle fans are giving him stick when he's in goal down their end. I say fuck that, I want exactly what he did tonight. I want that passion. Knee slide in front of them to celebrate a goal? I'm here for it. Telling them to fuck off at the end of the game? Give me more, more, MORE!

Pickford is a nutter.  Love our little shithouse.  Never leave.  Bosh.

• 3 weeks later...

Loads of credit in the bank for keeping us up the past 2 years.

with that said......he seriously needs to get his head out of his arse and calm the fuck down.  His worst goalkeeping always coincides with when he's agitated.

hes been brewing up to this the past few weeks but last night was nothing like I've seen before. Absolutely no self awareness, raging at players instead of getting his head on the game.  

tarkowski genuinely looked like was going to kill him. Never before have I seen an Everton player throw his keeper back in goal, branthwaite was giving him looks that could kill, Michael Keane was literally shaking his head at him. 

He's been through this pattern of behaviour before and calmed down so hopefully it will happen again. 

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hang on, 1 moment of madness and we have to question him?! Jesus fucking wept.

Do we have players who are beyond criticism? Not to my knowledge. 

I thought his behaviour last night was appalling. Clearly went way too far, took away his focus and we've seen this happen before in games against Liverpool and Newcastle.   This time he was on a near 60 minute rant-athon to the players. Had a great first half for near the whole second half he was absolutely tapped, distracted and pissing his own team mates off. Surprise surprise he lost focus. 

when was the last time you seen an Everton captain throw the keeper back in goal? At the end of the game Tarkowski took Pickford aside in the centre circle for a good few minutes.

dont give a shit how good someone can be on their day, when their antics on the pitch affect the team they need sorting. 

we've seen this dance with him before. 

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I thought his behaviour last night was appalling. Clearly went way too far, took away his focus and we've seen this happen before in games against Liverpool and Newcastle.   This time he was on a near 60 minute rant-athon to the players. Had a great first half for near the whole second half he was absolutely tapped, distracted and pissing his own team mates off. Surprise surprise he lost focus. 

when was the last time you seen an Everton captain throw the keeper back in goal? At the end of the game Tarkowski took Pickford aside in the centre circle for a good few minutes.

dont give a shit how good someone can be on their day, when their antics on the pitch affect the team they need sorting. 

There’s definitely something wrong with Pickford I think he is on the spectrum. 
i think he affects all the team when he kicks off. 

27 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Who said he was beyond criticism? I'm laughing at the (usual) complete OTT response to a bad game. It's like you wait for the players you have issues with to fuck up so you can rant about them again. The fact that you can pick 3 fixtures out of 259 to "prove your point" (not written but absolutely implied) speaks volumes. I prefer to look at the fact he's still joint second for clean sheets and that he's been a fantastic goalkeeper for most of the 6+ years he's been here.

Put it simply, you start by saying he's got credit in the bank then go on to rant. I say he's made a mistake and look at all the good. As usual, it's not a matter of your opinion of him, it's that your obsession takes over and how you describe your concerns and criticisms, some justified, are just completely OTT.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Who said he was beyond criticism? I'm laughing at the (usual) complete OTT response to a bad game. It's like you wait for the players you have issues with to fuck up so you can rant about them again. The fact that you can pick 3 fixtures out of 259 to "prove your point" (not written but absolutely implied) speaks volumes. I prefer to look at the fact he's still joint second for clean sheets and that he's been a fantastic goalkeeper for most of the 6+ years he's been here.

Put it simply, you start by saying he's got credit in the bank then go on to rant. I say he's made a mistake and look at all the good. As usual, it's not a matter of your opinion of him, it's that your obsession takes over and how you describe your concerns and criticisms, some justified, are just completely OTT.

Matt... I give credit where due I also give criticism where due.

Not arsed about his bad game, not arsed about mistakes.  I'm arsed that he behaved like a prize prick to his teammates all night which I'm pretty sure I made clear?  The team has a great collective spirit and last night I watched Pickford behave in a way that had his teammates wound up to fuck. 

can't recall me going on about the bad clearance or being beaten near post?  I've been pretty clear it's related to prick ish behaviour. 

and no you ain't laughing at my response, you are irritated by it the same as I'm irritated by Pickfords behaviour. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

There’s definitely something wrong with Pickford I think he is on the spectrum. 
i think he affects all the team when he kicks off. 

He very likely adhd, I'm adhd, no excuse for the levels of pickishness last night. Maybe Tourette's but no excuse. 

mate at the game said it was twice as obvious in the stadium, fans were audibly fucked off with him. 

I repeat - Tarkowski threw him like a rag doll back in goal like a sulky teenager. He had to take time from defending to address him again after berating players..... he tried to blame branthwaite for the 3rd and then seemingly swallowed humble pie after getting fucked off. Tarkowski probably should have got man of the match for baby sitting someone who was amazingly a captain. 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Matt... I give credit where due I also give criticism where due.

Not arsed about his bad game, not arsed about mistakes.  I'm arsed that he behaved like a prize prick to his teammates all night which I'm pretty sure I made clear?  The team has a great collective spirit and last night I watched Pickford behave in a way that had his teammates wound up to fuck. 

can't recall me going on about the bad clearance or being beaten near post?  I've been pretty clear it's related to prick ish behaviour. 

and no you ain't laughing at my response, you are irritated by it the same as I'm irritated by Pickfords behaviour. 

Trust me mate, I really am laughing. I know where you're coming from so I don't get irritated anymore. I genuinely laugh at the OTT nature of your posts. 

Not said you've not given him credit. I assume you didn't comment on the near post goal because nobody is saving Fodens shot.

He's had an off day, that simple. Not sure how you saw it coming for weeks though and why he needed to be mentioned in the MOTM thread I have no idea other than to have a dig. I'm sure he'll pop up numerous threads to come based on past experience with the exact same thing so have fun :)

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Trust me mate, I really am laughing. I know where you're coming from so I don't get irritated anymore. I genuinely laugh at the OTT nature of your posts. 

Not said you've not given him credit. I assume you didn't comment on the near post goal because nobody is saving Fodens shot.

He's had an off day, that simple. Not sure how you saw it coming for weeks though and why he needed to be mentioned in the MOTM thread I have no idea other than to have a dig. I'm sure he'll pop up numerous threads to come based on past experience with the exact same thing so have fun :)

He's been getting very involved in recent weeks. I don't mind certain levels, I'm just aware of how it can take him down a very perilous path to mistakesville

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He's been getting very involved in recent weeks. I don't mind certain levels, I'm just aware of how it can take him down a very perilous path to mistakesville

I'd not noticed apart from the Newcastle game at home but that's 100% justified and didn't matter in terms of performance or result. I really can't remember a fuck up like yesterday for months, maybe a season even. We all know he's a bit nuts, but no genius is without flaw. 

I’d rather someone in there giving a fuck about how easy City were exposing our defenders who were leaving holes and allowing so many attempts at our goal. If I was in Pickford’s position and felt that the players in front of me weren’t performing to their capabilities I’d be letting them know for sure, and I wouldn’t care how fragile and sensitive they might be to a bit of criticism. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I'd not noticed apart from the Newcastle game at home but that's 100% justified and didn't matter in terms of performance or result. I really can't remember a fuck up like yesterday for months, maybe a season even. We all know he's a bit nuts, but no genius is without flaw. 

Apart from Newcastle (which is clearly a personal issue that will stick with him) it’s probably about three years since he’s fucked up. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’d rather someone in there giving a fuck about how easy City were exposing our defenders who were leaving holes and allowing so many attempts at our goal. If I was in Pickford’s position and felt that the players in front of me weren’t performing to their capabilities I’d be letting them know for sure, and I wouldn’t care how fragile and sensitive they might be to a bit of criticism. 

Absolutely this. 
How many captains have we had that our fans have said were weak because they didn’t scream and shout? Pickford screams and shouts and suddenly he’s a problem, after we get beat by one of the greatest teams the game has ever seen. The mind boggles. 

Ill complain when he isn’t shouting at the players. He may have gone a little over the top, but that’s all really. He was right when they let Grealish run twenty yards and line up a shot… should have been closed down. Happened several times. 

By the way…. Is anyone just as annoyed with Branthwaite for the toasting he gave Myko over the third goal? That was a lot harsher than Pickfords.

Im not at all. Pickford took a second to long and Mykos ( who I thought was MotM) reaction was weak. 

The captain is Tarkowski..... Tarkowski was needed on two occasions to dress Pickford down on the pitch and this was just prior to conceding.

tarkowski took Pickford aside at the end of the game and clearly read him the riot act. 

If you have a player on the pitch who constantly moans - players actually stop listening. Thats the stage he's getting to - if not already at.  I repeat - a defender throwing his keeper back in goal? That's last straw stuff. 

Type of incident I see all the time watching football and have been Involved in many times myself. 

So many fans cite Pickfords rants as one of the reasons we are doing much better this season. His Captain took him aside and had a word with him after the match. Watched it again and if that’s being read the Riot act…. Then we need to change Tarks from captain because he’s a bit wet. Looked like he had his hand on his shoulder telling him to calm down a bit. 

Big deal to some I suppose. Bit of nothing for me. Each to their own.

On 29/12/2023 at 11:30, Hafnia said:

The captain is Tarkowski..... Tarkowski was needed on two occasions to dress Pickford down on the pitch and this was just prior to conceding.

tarkowski took Pickford aside at the end of the game and clearly read him the riot act. 

If you have a player on the pitch who constantly moans - players actually stop listening. Thats the stage he's getting to - if not already at.  I repeat - a defender throwing his keeper back in goal? That's last straw stuff. 

They are the two biggest talkers on the pitch. They have a chat at the end of every game. Go and see Tarky talk about Pickford and his shouting on Ben Fosters podcast. He’s not bothered about it at all.

By this line of thought, if Coleman comes back into the team does Tarky need to stop shouting at players?

Pickford himself, and other players, have all been quoted about his shouting. He’s not always having a go at the rest of the team, he’s giving instructions. As he should do, the only player with a full view of the pitch and a very experienced player at that.