IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're asking for £40m for him and he's in the last year of his contract.

Which just makes it laughable that the papers think a club can get Pickford for £30m.

Was thinking the same. IF we are to sell, it'll be later in the window after other keepwrs have moved on, like Reya, Onana. That'll define the asking price. 

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Or something not quite so cynical....perhaps they are reacting to the paper talk and are in tune with the fan base and our nervousness and wanted to put our minds at rest.

Player’s representatives do not generally give a shit about the fans, they like players to move cos they get money for it. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Player’s representatives do not generally give a shit about the fans, they like players to move cos they get money for it. 

Well first off, there's no evidence that his representatives did it for that reason. Just a 3rd party putting forth their opinion on why they might issue that statement. 

secondly you've initially said you feel the club are going to sell and blame him, now your saying the players representatives are normally the ones agitating for a move.

Look, I agree with you (I think we all do) in that our board are shite and have gotten away with murder over the years, but not everything needs to be twisted as some sinister plot that the board are behind..:from what we've learned, they're not actually that smart or forward thinking. 

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Well first off, there's no evidence that his representatives did it for that reason. Just a 3rd party putting forth their opinion on why they might issue that statement. 

secondly you've initially said you feel the club are going to sell and blame him, now your saying the players representatives are normally the ones agitating for a move.

Look, I agree with you (I think we all do) in that our board are shite and have gotten away with murder over the years, but not everything needs to be twisted as some sinister plot that the board are behind..:from what we've learned, they're not actually that smart or forward thinking. 

There’s no evidence that his representatives did it to appease fans either.  All I know is that it’s very unusual for this type of thing to happen.

very strange that we sold Gordon with no time for a replacement with what apparently was a transfer which seen us still get sanctioned. 

You don’t need to be smart to be devious, our club has made leaving players look like the bad guys for years. They even did it with Gary Speed.  

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Since McTominay is in our sights and Henderson (three years younger than Pickford) could be part of a deal, I can see a potential transfer happening. But let's get the most from it: What about Lacey thrown in as well as a potential winger?

She wasn't bad in Eastenders but I doubt she'll want to come here, being a London girl and all.

• 3 weeks later...