IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

At a time when nobody could really blame him for jumping ship and pushing to go to a team in or challenging for CL football, he has shown loyalty and good respect to the club.

Him signing back up is a great 'positive', when the club is in need of any it can get.

He will be well paid, but about to go in to the final 12 months, he could have got himself cracking deal.

Refreshing to see a player show some faith in the club. Especially after the last window.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Doesn’t this add value on the P&L? Gotta be honest don’t fully understand it. 

Yes mate. He is already out asset and this will mean his value has increased, which in turns helps out pnl. 
If we still owed money on the asset it would be under depreciation. 
But football is a strange business and assets can actually go up. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think it's the opposite to stupid not having a relegation release clause. It would have been less than his value and now we can get good money for him if it does happen, because there won't be any trouble finding a buyer for him.

True, but if we're in a lower league it's easier to be taken advantage of regardless. Mind you, clauses mean nothing anyway really. 

“Since signing him in 2017, our Chairman has built a strong relationship with Jordan and his representatives and this played a big and important part in us getting this new contract agreed. I’m sure that every Evertonian will be delighted to hear this news and excited to know that Jordan remains an integral part of our plan to move Everton forward.”

this is from Thelwell….. Ffs this has pissed me off. Clear as day what it’s designed to do. Fuck off! Just fuck off!

propaganda bollocks and the DOF part of it now is he? 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

“Since signing him in 2017, our Chairman has built a strong relationship with Jordan and his representatives and this played a big and important part in us getting this new contract agreed. I’m sure that every Evertonian will be delighted to hear this news and excited to know that Jordan remains an integral part of our plan to move Everton forward.”

this is from Thelwell….. Ffs this has pissed me off. Clear as day what it’s designed to do. Fuck off! Just fuck off!

propaganda bollocks and the DOF part of it now is he? 

Thelwell is hired hand don't seem so surprised when he backs his pay masters. 

7 hours ago, London Blue said:

They are all hired hands to one degree or another.

The very fact that came out in the comms goes to show how comical it really is.  Embarrassing and no one with any corporate comms experience would sign that off.  Misreading the room yet again. Amateur 

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The very fact that came out in the comms goes to show how comical it really is.  Embarrassing and no one with any corporate comms experience would sign that off.  Misreading the room yet again. Amateur 

Or its genuine this time? Just because they've colossally fucked up in other areas doesn't mean everything is bullshit. 

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Just doesn’t need mentioning does it. If there is an opportunity to give themselves a pat on the back they will take it. 
But if it really is propaganda, normally is, Bill could just insist it’s in there. 

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Or its genuine this time? Just because they've colossally fucked up in other areas doesn't mean everything is bullshit. 

Whether it’s genuine or not it’s clear why it’s being done.  Making out Pickford has signed in part due to his relationship with Bill? What bollocks. 

money talks and he’s got a young family settled in the area and he’s guaranteed to play. 

all of this is moot. Since when has a contract extension been credited to a chairman? It all supports the long standing accusation that bill tries to force positive PR for himself. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

It all supports the long standing accusation that bill tries to force positive PR for himself. 

Our highest profile player signs a new contract. Put Bills name on it. 

Our highest profile player is sold last summer. Don’t put Bills name on it. 

Good news. Bill. 
Bad news. Not Bill. 

If this isn’t on the wall in the PR office I’d be shocked. 
Ever notice when players or manager are interviewed at Finch Farm in the media room there is a big quote from Bill on the wall about Evertonians loving a local lad in the blue shirt? 

14 minutes ago, StevO said:

Just doesn’t need mentioning does it. If there is an opportunity to give themselves a pat on the back they will take it. 
But if it really is propaganda, normally is, Bill could just insist it’s in there. 

What sickens me is we have seen the playbook for all its deviousness in recent weeks. Many of us suspected it for a long time, now it’s clear as day.

these idiots are running a football club in the biggest league in the world. It has more viewing figures than the NFL and will likely one day generate the same income if not for buffoons like our bunch. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

Our highest profile player signs a new contract. Put Bills name on it. 

Our highest profile player is sold last summer. Don’t put Bills name on it. 

Good news. Bill. 
Bad news. Not Bill. 

If this isn’t on the wall in the PR office I’d be shocked. 
Ever notice when players or manager are interviewed at Finch Farm in the media room there is a big quote from Bill on the wall about Evertonians loving a local lad in the blue shirt? 

It’s not lost on me the stoney silence from many quarters now.  Historically the protests and criticism would be met with nauseating sycophantic support for our wonderful charitable board.

it’s actually a damn shame, for bill and the club. Both would have been in a better place now and likely more healthy and happier if they parted when initial discontent took place.

it’s likely he will leave one way or another and as much as his tenure has pissed me off, he’s still a human and is likely delusional. 

42 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Whether it’s genuine or not it’s clear why it’s being done.  Making out Pickford has signed in part due to his relationship with Bill? What bollocks. 

money talks and he’s got a young family settled in the area and he’s guaranteed to play. 

all of this is moot. Since when has a contract extension been credited to a chairman? It all supports the long standing accusation that bill tries to force positive PR for himself. 

Messi is probably the biggest example...albeit probably the exception

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

My point is it might not be bollocks. But it obviously doesn't excuse all the other stuff. PR or not, I don't really care because the important thing is we've got a very good goalkeeper tied down for a long time and if his ambitions are true I'm really excited.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

My point is it might not be bollocks. But it obviously doesn't excuse all the other stuff. PR or not, I don't really care because the important thing is we've got a very good goalkeeper tied down for a long time and if his ambitions are true I'm really excited.

It might not be bollocks along With all the failings attributed to him and the board, the thing is you don’t see them writing articles saying “Richarlison has been sold and not replaced with an adequate player cos we have mismanaged the club”

this is what they misread so much 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

It might not be bollocks along With all the failings attributed to him and the board, the thing is you don’t see them writing articles saying “Richarlison has been sold and not replaced with an adequate player cos we have mismanaged the club”

this is what they misread so much 

To be fair you rarely see any c-suite execs saying that. Zuckerberg came out and said he got it wrong (predicted user growth) last year but you don't often see it - hardly any CEO of a F500 company is going to say "I/We fucked up...at least publicly"

the difference though is they likely be held accountable by the board and replaced. 

so yes the board are shite, in cahoots with each other and unable to hold them/others accountable...but don't be surprised that they are waxing the positive and burying the negative...that's just business. 

• 2 weeks later...