IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

On 04/10/2020 at 17:48, Palfy said:

We don’t do carpets in this house mate underfloor heating is better with hard surfaces. 
He was man of the match against Spurs fuck me mate through gritted teeth you even gave it him, 2 mistakes later that cost us goals but nothing else and possibly spurred the team on.

I can’t say for sure but I think he will be playing in the derby in a couple of weeks, and if he is he 100% has my support whilst he’s wearing the shirt. 

Yes man i also think that underfloor heating is better

• 3 weeks later...

Caught everything today - my criticism of him is that he doesn’t command his area on crosses and punches too many but don’t think he punched one today. It may have just been a coincidence with the types a ball delivered but felt he was so much more commanding and I felt so much better with him collecting crosses.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, StevO said:

I’m more concerned how no one on the team could make a foul to stop the counter attack on more than one occasion. 

My blood is still boiling about this. They didn't even learn from this goal either, they did the same for the second!

There was very nearly just a crater where I was sat watching the game because I came very close to spontaneously combusting at just how fucking thick our players are.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RPG said:

I don’t think it’s really necessary. If we go down he will leave and there will be no shortage of buyers.

I also don't feel Pickford is a player we would be stuck with if we wanted to or needed to cash in on if we got relegated.

A new contract is very much a positive for us. We will now not be over a barrel as much as we would be if he only had 12 months level on his contract this summer. 

He has been one of the successful transfers in the Moshiri era - he was the exact right profile of player when we bought him (why we didn't stick to this formula is simply beyond me!!).

sounds like a £35m deal over 4 year. So that would roughly work out at about £165-170 week. So most likely our highest paid player now. As mad a Premier league players wages are in general, this amount does not seem excessive when you consider what he would get elsewhere. 

Factor in a transfer fee on any replacement then its sensible to get him signed up for another 4years. 

11 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

sounds like a £35m deal over 4 year. So that would roughly work out at about £165-170 week. So most likely our highest paid player now. As mad a Premier league players wages are in general, this amount does not seem excessive when you consider what he would get elsewhere. 

Factor in a transfer fee on any replacement then its sensible to get him signed up for another 4years. 

Doesn’t this add value on the P&L? Gotta be honest don’t fully understand it.