IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

• 1 month later...

We are being spoiled by those sort of performances, in my mind they are very much becoming a regular occurrence in games. I have a genuine concern that his value is increasing and the club could see this as an opportunity to improve its debts and sell to the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, or Man Utd who are all the market for a replacement keeper.  

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We are being spoiled by those sort of performances, in my mind they are very much becoming a regular occurrence in games. I have a genuine concern that his value is increasing and the club could see this as an opportunity to improve its debts and sell to the likes of Chelsea, Spurs, or Man Utd who are all the market for a replacement keeper.  

To United for £100m+ Henderson :)

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’d of thought if we’ll sell it will reduce our debts 😜

I think it’s probably going to happen, if it does we should be able to pick up a decent prospect as Jordan was, for half of what we get for him.

All depends on price vs value.  Yes he can make some ridiculous howlers but I don’t think any other keeper in the league makes the saves he makes either.  It’s very swings and roundabouts with him. He infuriates the shit out of me at times but amazes me too. 

if we had a shit hot scouting department and did what Brighton do I’d happy to see us recycle the way they do. 

£100m is the going rate for top 3 keeper I believe. 

if someone offered £70m for Onana that needs to be looked at. The crazy thing is the elite clubs would pay it if they find that he ticks the boxes. 

the horrible thing is we don’t trust our recruitment and sell goid and replace with 3 bad. 

On 09/05/2023 at 09:18, Romey 1878 said:

For the second season he's really stepped up when the chips are down, that says a lot about the man.

I wouldn't swap him for another keeper in this league.

There have been a lot of questions about his character and temperament but he has been there when we have needed him most.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

There have been a lot of questions about his character and temperament but he has been there when we have needed him most.

That was 2-3 seasons ago from my recollection those days are long behind him now. He’s learned how to keep his emotions more under control than he did a few years ago, if he was better at jumping for the ball and keeping hold of it he would be close to one of the best in the world 🌎 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

That was 2-3 seasons ago from my recollection those days are long behind him now. He’s learned how to keep his emotions more under control than he did a few years ago, if he was better at jumping for the ball and keeping hold of it he would be close to one of the best in the world 🌎 

Nonsense, he still goes running into the Newcastle fans every time we play them. Have you not seen it? It's a wonder he hasn't been arrested.

• 3 weeks later...

People were saying the late equaliser against Wolves could be the reason we stay up, but we'd have stayed up even without that point.

Considering we survived by two points I think we have to thank Pickford and his penalty save against Leicester helping us to take two points away from Leicester. 

To stay central in a situation like that takes big bollocks.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That save came after he'd dislocated a finger and had it put back in as well.

Yeah, the lad gets grief from me cos he is frustrating. Remains one of the best shot stoppers in the game, struggles with moments of madness and it detracts from how good he actually could be. 

we have a few players like that who excel at certain elements but are poor at others. Keane, Gana, Doucs.

it’s why we are so bipolar as a team. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah, the lad gets grief from me cos he is frustrating. Remains one of the best shot stoppers in the game, struggles with moments of madness and it detracts from how good he actually could be. 

we have a few players like that who excel at certain elements but are poor at others. Keane, Gana, Doucs.

it’s why we are so bipolar as a team. 

I think mistakes and mad moments are just part of parcel of being human though. He's not perfect and we shouldn't expect him to be. As long as he's saving more points than he costs us then he's doing his job as far as I'm concerned.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the past two seasons have really shown the measure of the man. I was a big fan of his anyway but he's gone up in my estimations big time.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think mistakes and mad moments are just part of parcel of being human though. He's not perfect and we shouldn't expect him to be. As long as he's saving more points than he costs us then he's doing his job as far as I'm concerned.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the past two seasons have really shown the measure of the man. I was a big fan of his anyway but he's gone up in my estimations big time.

I’m up and down with him. Part of his strength is his personality and part of his weakness is his personality. 

very emotional player which can be great if harnessed, he definitely doesn’t cower, he thrives on pressure but when it spills over he does very odd things like vs Man City. 

if we sold him it would get big money, I’ve heard spurs are likely to sign him which stinks of kenwright if it’s true.