IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

36 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He kept the result respectable today but I don't suppose that will get as much traction in here, so I'll say it - well played, Jordan.

I would say he was lucky with the fourth being disallowed no one would have remembered the couple of saves he made. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Just saw a cray stat (well not so crazy if you've actually watched our games)

Pickford has 58 passes into the opp box....next highest goalkeeper only has 14 (4x lower)

personally I thought pickers made 58 in the palace game alone 😂

That for me is a terrible stat not just for Pickford but the team as a whole, and especially for Dyche who must be using Pickford as a tactic from defence to attack. 
For me personally that’s the sort of football I don’t want to watch from any team. 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

That for me is a terrible stat not just for Pickford but the team as a whole, and especially for Dyche who must be using Pickford as a tactic from defence to attack. 
For me personally that’s the sort of football I don’t want to watch from any team. 

To be fair, loads of those are free kick around half way that we just launch in to the box. Not pretty but it is effective with the general size of our team.

On 28/02/2024 at 18:25, Btay said:

To be fair, loads of those are free kick around half way that we just launch in to the box. Not pretty but it is effective with the general size of our team.

And pretty effective as he can play a long pass better than most of our outfield players. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't know what the fuck possessed him to play that pass when we've been smashing the ball up the pitch at every opportunity for a good fucking while.

Must've heard all the armchair managers online moaning about hoofball and thought he'd try and appease them. 

Turns out, there's a reason we play hoofball 🤸🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Well, so are we :lol:

Dunno who else would be of interest and would be interested, just saw his name in the BBC gossip and thought if Pickford is moving he'd be an option.

If he'd been our keeper in any of the last three seasons we'd have been relegated. He's absolute garbage.

Fortunately, for my own sanity, we'll never be able to afford him so I don't have to worry.

I've been happy since yesterday and then you have to go and suggest this shit stain replacing one of the best! Stop it :lol:.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

If he'd been our keeper in any of the last three seasons we'd have been relegated. He's absolute garbage.

Fortunately, for my own sanity, we'll never be able to afford him so I don't have to worry.

I've been happy since yesterday and then you have to go and suggest this shit stain replacing one of the best! Stop it :lol:.

You're mean. I'm going to search for this month's u18 promising goalkeeper signings for revenge...

He will continue to make saves that others can't and mistakes others don't.

for me - the biggest sell high buy low opportunity is goalkeeper.   "If we had good scouting".

Realistically he is a top 4 goalkeeper cos he's a big game player. If man united came in for him then he's £70m - vicario was signed by spurs for £17m. 

there are keepers out there - it's whether or not we have the network.

the only assets we have to make real money to strengthen is:- Onana, Branthwaite, Pickford.  Branthwaite needs to be held on to the point that we can't refuse the money which will be £100m.

onana and Pickford could fund a reasonable rebuild of 4/5 players. 

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

for me - the biggest sell high buy low opportunity is goalkeeper.   "If we had good scouting".

Realistically he is a top 4 goalkeeper cos he's a big game player. If man united came in for him then he's £70m - vicario was signed by spurs for £17m. 

the only assets we have to make real money to strengthen is:- Onana, Branthwaite, Pickford.  Branthwaite needs to be held on to the point that we can't refuse the money which will be £100m.

onana and Pickford could fund a reasonable rebuild of 4/5 players

100% this. Of course we may not know what's on the other side if we get rid of Pickford, but the money we'd get between the two of them could go a long way

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

onana and Pickford could fund a reasonable rebuild of 4/5 players. 

Branthwaite is not going for 100m look at half the price plus add ons