IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Sunday October 30th

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Good three points and signs of improvement.

The interesting thing for me is how we had to go 2-0 up before we started to believe in ourselves again. Just goes to show how important confidence and belief is. We need to play with that confidence and belief from the start, and to continue playing with it if we should go a goal down. That is the hallmark of a top team.

Agree, mostly. Our first 25 minutes were dismal. After that, much more energetic, purposeful. My only complaint overall is the number of basic passes we fail to complete.

Still, I could see voting for 4 or 5 different players for MOTM.

Yes it is worrying how many simple passes we give away.

Gana was a big culprit today to.

And are our studs not sharp?

If the back four play like that next week we will get slaughtered, they looked like they had only been introduced to each other 5 minutes before kickoff, Gana was also very jittery

I agree they looked jittery to begin with but settled fairly well and all made decent and vital challenges between them

In saying that I don't think those four have started a competitive game together yet have they? So training aside they have been thrown together in a sense

I agree they looked jittery to begin with but settled fairly well and all made decent and vital challenges between them

In saying that I don't think those four have started a competitive game together yet have they? So training aside they have been thrown together in a sense

When I saw the lineup I was kind of assuming that Williams would be the leader and pull it all together but he had his worst game in an Everton shirt and as a unit they looked a mess

They were not helped by the fact Gana was caught napping a few times to be fair

Video stop-motion on US tv seemed to show onside. Both commentators said onside. My quick glance of stop-motion told me it was onside, but I wanted it to be onside, so ..... Maybe I'll see it again in stop-motion on US MOTD later tonight over here.

I thought it was offside when I was watching MOTD last night, even though they were saying it was onside. To me his head looked like it was ahead of the West Ham defensive line.

If we want to compete with the big boys, we need to cut out the crap passing and occasional sloppiness that pervaded the 1st half. Luckily WHU didn't capitalize on those moments but better teams may. Maybe it was nerves - who knows? In any event we also had some real quality shots on goal and could've had a few more goals if Adrian was daydreaming and picking his arse. COYB!!!

Video stop-motion on US tv seemed to show onside. Both commentators said onside. My quick glance of stop-motion told me it was onside, but I wanted it to be onside, so ..... Maybe I'll see it again in stop-motion on US MOTD later tonight over here.

Looked a good yard offside when I watched it, but that could be the camera angle my stream was showing. Sky pundits also said he was offside too, but it was tight.

Frankly, don't care, we got 3 points :)