IGNORED

Anton Donkor

Romey 1878

Got an assist in the U-23s 3-1 win over ManU. He seemed to have a promising debut based on match reports.

Everton Under-23s kept up their fine Premier League 2 form with a 2-1 win over Manchester United.

The Blues had already seen a penalty from Liam Walsh saved before Courtney Duffus opened the scoring just minutes before half time. Callum Dyson picked out Kieran Dowell, who clipped a pass on for Walsh and when the midfielder flicked it to Duffus, the striker found the bottom corner.

United started quickly after the restart but Joshua Harrop blasted a spot-kick over the bar after Matthew Pennington brought down Matthew Olosunde.

But the hosts did level minutes later – Demetri Mitchell was felled in the box by Jonjoe Kenny and he stepped up to find the corner of the net.

On came Bassala Sambou for Duffus and within minutes he had put the Toffees back in front. Anton Donkor – making his Under-23s debut following his loan move from Wolfsburg – found him on the edge of the box, he rolled his marker and sent a low shot beyond Pereira.

And he added his second soon after. Pulled down by Axel Tuanzebe in the box, Sambou made it 3-1 from the spot., the fourth penalty of the evening.

That’s how it stayed, with Everton maintaining a four-point lead over Manchester City in the Premier League 2 table.

https://youtu.be/LKqiftg4qd8

I like the looks of Sambou as well. That turn gets better the more you watch it. Great debut for Donker.

After watching the highlights you realize he would have had another assist when his through ball in the box reached his man only to have him dragged to the ground for a penalty. Next he was on the left wing and earned a penalty inside the edge of the box.

So in reality damn near 2 assists and a pen earned.

How about sambou? Great penalty he took and scored and the turn and goal was class. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

It arguing that. Just surprised a young 19 year old would ask to come off for it that's all.

I played regularly for 30 years and had cramp numerous occasions. Usually the opposition goally would help me put it right.

I wasn't professional though so I would have been too embarrassed to ask to go off with cramp haha

Imagine sitting in the pub after with a bunch of Sunday league hard nuts haha!

It arguing that. Just surprised a young 19 year old would ask to come off for it that's all.

I played regularly for 30 years and had cramp numerous occasions. Usually the opposition goally would help me put it right.

I wasn't professional though so I would have been too embarrassed to ask to go off with cramp haha

Imagine sitting in the pub after with a bunch of Sunday league hard nuts haha!

You big bully, he's just a baby :P.

• 2 weeks later...