IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

despite the fact that Mike has ostracised the usa I do not think it matters whether Rooney plays or not. 

reason 1, it is a charitable event, every penny goes to charity as I understand it.

reason 2.  and if I am wrong in this I hope someone can correct me.  but we have played them only twice before and we got beaten twice too.

22 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

not with trump, you're a criminal and a rapist since you're a foreigner according to him

"When England is sending us their people, they're not sending us there best and brightest! They're sending us rapists and murderers and football forum commenters! These people have serious mental problems, like supporting Everton!" - Donald Trump on the 2016 campaign trail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

right so you can buy machine guns in America but you cant get pissed and call someone a nobhead?

If this was someone like Harry Kane then it would be called what it is - a fucking Farce. However because its someone like Rooney then its big headline news when it really shouldn't be.

Just now, aaron said:

right so you can buy machine guns in America but you cant get pissed and call someone a nobhead?

If this was someone like Harry Kane then it would be called what it is - a fucking Farce. However because its someone like Rooney then its big headline news when it really shouldn't be.

If you're being a dick, either with a machine gun or with drinking, then you should pay the consequences. Whether or not you support the gun policy is a completely different issue, and I don't see how it excuses another issue? Also, I don't really think it's that big of a deal over here. Maybe the story carries more weight across the pond?

9 minutes ago, sibdane said:

If you're being a dick, either with a machine gun or with drinking, then you should pay the consequences. Whether or not you support the gun policy is a completely different issue, and I don't see how it excuses another issue? Also, I don't really think it's that big of a deal over here. Maybe the story carries more weight across the pond?

Being drunk and swearing doesn't really warrant being arrested though does it, that's my point. My issue is it seems very backwards that a country will openly allow machine guns to be bought but gets overly sensitive to drunken swearing by arresting someone. Christ I'd have a whole filling cabinet if I was arrested everytime I've said a swear word when intoxicated. The story defo carries more weight here because of who he is, arguably the biggest name England have every produced and he's in trouble, again (although this time I have major sympathy for him). 

Just now, aaron said:

Being drunk and swearing doesn't really warrant being arrested though does it, that's my point. My issue is it seems very backwards that a country will openly allow machine guns to be bought but gets overly sensitive to drunken swearing by arresting someone. Christ I'd have a whole filling cabinet if I was arrested everytime I've said a swear word when intoxicated. The story defo carries more weight here because of who he is, arguably the biggest name England have every produced and he's in trouble, again (although this time I have major sympathy for him). 

Like I said before, you have to be acting really stupid and/or childish to get arrested for that over here. People are drunk in public here all of the time without worry.

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

Like I said before, you have to be acting really stupid and/or childish to get arrested for that over here. People are drunk in public here all of the time without worry.

But laws vary from state to state don't they? The Virginia ones do seem a bit Draconian....though obviously I don't know how rigorously they're enforced. Nobody (as far as I can see) knows the details of what actually happened but the paltry level of the fine suggests it was something very minor doesn't it? Also the very fact that nobody knows points in the same direction for me.

The fact he was done once for drink driving plus this doesn't suggest an alcohol problem for me.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But laws vary from state to state don't they? The Virginia ones do seem a bit Draconian....though obviously I don't know how rigorously they're enforced. Nobody (as far as I can see) knows the details of what actually happened but the paltry level of the fine suggests it was something very minor doesn't it? Also the very fact that nobody knows points in the same direction for me.

The fact he was done once for drink driving plus this doesn't suggest an alcohol problem for me.

That is true, but I also come from a very conservative state (if not the most conservative, besides maybe Texas or Alabama), and it is not a very common thing that happens. That's why I was wondering if it has something to do with it happening in DC. Doesn't help that it occurred in an airport either.

I can't comment if he has a problem with alcohol or not, but it also doesn't suggest a problem to me, just that maybe he doesn't make the best decisions while intoxicated.

2 minutes ago, sibdane said:

That is true, but I also come from a very conservative state (if not the most conservative, besides maybe Texas or Alabama), and it is not a very common thing that happens. That's why I was wondering if it has something to do with at happening in DC. Doesn't help that it occurred in an airport either.

I can't comment if he has a problem with alcohol or not, but it also doesn't suggest a problem to me, just that maybe he doesn't make the best decisions while intoxicated.

Very true.

4 hours ago, aaron said:

My big problem in this country is that we hold our celebrities and athletes to higher standards of personal conduct than we do our leaders.... Seriously, leave Rooney alone folks. 

• 4 months later...