IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

21 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Good for him. Started off a bit slow but has found his feet.

Seems to be enjoying a bit of anonymity out there - won't stay that way for long if he keeps performing so well.

Just hope there is no cloud over him and Everton. Would like him back as a coach. 

no doubt he loves the club but he needs to play too, as would anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Could hardly say yea we've got a new manager lined up and he doesn't want yer. 

Well he could, and should. “Thanks for this season, Wayne. However it’s not planned out the way I wanted so I’m doing a restructure and don’t see you being part of the plan the same way I wanted last year”

not hard to do 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Well he could, and should. “Thanks for this season, Wayne. However it’s not planned out the way I wanted so I’m doing a restructure and don’t see you being part of the plan the same way I wanted last year”

not hard to do 

He's not the manager though so he'd not be saying if he's wanted or not. 

If Silva got a better offer elsewhere we might've ended up with a manager who wanted him. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's not the manager though so he'd not be saying if he's wanted or not. 

If Silva got a better offer elsewhere we might've ended up with a manager who wanted him. 

The way I read it, he made the decision. So, manager or not, it came down to him and there was a better way of doing things (again)

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

In what way? He didnt tell Rooney he wanted rid and instead kept him in the dark.

1. Rooney is saying that Allardyce told him that it's up to moshiri..... which makes it potential bollocks to start with.

2. Why was he waiting 3 months to get the answer from moshiri.... brands is the DOF and will have called the shots if Silva never. And still likely had a strong say.

3.  Either way it was the right decision and Rooney going is a no brainer. Had far too much influence and not enough quality anymore to justify it. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The way I read it, he made the decision. So, manager or not, it came down to him and there was a better way of doing things (again)

According to Rooney who said that it was according to allardyce.... which makes it highly likely to be unreliable. 

Rooney can't handle rejection. Simple as that really. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

According to Rooney who said that it was according to allardyce.... which makes it highly likely to be unreliable. 

Rooney can't handle rejection. Simple as that really. 

Maybe, we’ll never know. Just feels a bit strange and it wouldn’t surprise me  

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

I'm guessing Silva told him when we tapped him up :leggit:

:rolleyes: 

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

In what way? He didnt tell Rooney he wanted rid and instead kept him in the dark.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Because it’s not the owner’s responsibility to tell a player that they’re no longer needed. It’s the manager and D.O.F.’s job and we were in a time of transition.

What I respect is that he had the sense to know the team had made a mistake signing Rooney, and he stuck to his desire to admit the wrongdoing and get rid instead of trying to force it to work, which would have been well against the club’s best interests.

11 hours ago, hafnia said:

1. Rooney is saying that Allardyce told him that it's up to moshiri..... which makes it potential bollocks to start with.

2. Why was he waiting 3 months to get the answer from moshiri.... brands is the DOF and will have called the shots if Silva never. And still likely had a strong say.

3.  Either way it was the right decision and Rooney going is a no brainer. Had far too much influence and not enough quality anymore to justify it. 

It was up to Mohsiri because it looked very likely that Allardyce was going. Mohsiri took an age to sack Allardyce.

Brands also took a while to come in and therefore it would have been Mohsiri making the decisions for the majority of the period in question especially with Walsh going in the pipeline. 

I agree with the last bit.

6 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Because it’s not the owner’s responsibility to tell a player that they’re no longer needed. It’s the manager and D.O.F.’s job and we were in a time of transition.

What I respect is that he had the sense to know the team had made a mistake signing Rooney, and he stuck to his desire to admit the wrongdoing and get rid instead of trying to force it to work, which would have been well against the club’s best interests.

We were waiting for a manager and DOF to come in for most of that period. Rumours of Rooney leaving had surfaced before they were appointed. 

Mohsiri appointed Brands with the intructions to make more commercially viable signings/contracts. Rooney was the polar opposite to that way of working due to his high wages and reducing ability. Mohsiri isnt stupid. He would have known full well that he was getting the return he anticipated for the financial outlay on Rooney. He doesnt need a DoF for that especially not one that has built success from getting value for money and developing young talent.

I think brands was obviously approached a long time ago and I’m sure he was reviewing our squad long before he arrived. Coming from Dutch football he must have been astounded at the money Wayne was getting for what he was producing. He probably made it his first priority and I agree with it. I’m sure Wayne was gutted but I think the move will work out for him and his family. If it’s true about Sam he has already stated he knew months before he was sacked he was going so why would he say to Wayne that? 

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Matt said:

If it’s only for friendly, no harm in my opinion. If it was for a competition game however 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

And it's to raise money for charity. It's more of a testimonial than anything because he didn't get a chance to have a proper send off like other players have.

I've got no problem with it whatsoever.

Money would be raised for charity regardless of whether he did or didnt play. He could come out, wave to the crowd and say thank you at half time like others do. 

He didnt get a send off due to his level of performance and through his own decision almost 2 years ago. 

International managers bitch and moan about not having enough time with their players and now they are going to bring him back in for this one off game? 

Id also be concerned that this will set a precedent. Lots of players are linked with charities and Rooney, for all that he has scored a fair few goals, has only ever really been a disappointment for England other than the very early years. 

Its a media stunt glossed over as being for charity. Rooney has done well over there, he has a surge of fans behind him and we just happen to be playing the USA. Whoever put this together is just looking for marketing exposure and trying to get more American fans to pay attention. I bet they dont donate all the media and advertising money to te charity.