IGNORED

Raul Jimenez

There are so many other young Mexican players I'd rather have (and likely for less or MUCH less money). Here are a few:

Jesus Corona (young and at Porto. Not only a versatile player for our front 4, but also has the nickname "Tecatito"... so, 2 cerveza names. Awesome.)

Hirving Lozano (young and just went to PSV. Winger who cuts in on his right foot and has a great shot. He will be a big deal. His nickname is Chucky. I can't figure that out. I really wish he looked like Chucky)

Erick Gutierrez (young, still playing in Mexico, can chip balls up the pitch like Gibson could, but offers more athleticism, a great shot and isn't hobbled)

Orbelin Pineda (young and still in Mexico. Scrappy, tricky, box-to-box player)

Jesus Gallardo (left back/left winger, young, still in Mexico)

There are so many other young Mexican players I'd rather have (and likely for less or MUCH less money). Here are a few:

Jesus Corona (young and at Porto. Not only a versatile player for our front 4, but also has the nickname "Tecatito"... so, 2 cerveza names. Awesome.)

Hirving Lozano (young and just went to PSV. Winger who cuts in on his right foot and has a great shot. He will be a big deal. His nickname is Chucky. I can't figure that out. I really wish he looked like Chucky)

Erick Gutierrez (young, still playing in Mexico, can chip balls up the pitch like Gibson could, but offers more athleticism, a great shot and isn't hobbled)

Orbelin Pineda (young and still in Mexico. Scrappy, tricky, box-to-box player)

Jesus Gallardo (left back/left winger, young, still in Mexico)

Was just gonna say this. Corona Lozano and Erick sure but 40m for this dude? Reaching Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest The Football Fanatic

Even the highlights reel is mostly penalties and tap-ins. Not heard of him before but if that's a "best of" then best swerved.

Yeah they were almost all his goals last season except one (in the champions league) but he did only start 7 league games(because of Mitroglou

and Jonas) and scored 7 which isn't too bad...

From what I've seen I don't find him much impressive. Poor ball control, mediocre technique. £40 million is way overpriced. Portuguese league is shit anyway. Except the big three, the rest are comparable to English League Two and this guy doesn't look like a rising star among these inadequate players around. At that price, I would rather pass.

Edited by Haiku

• 1 month later...

Im not sure the strikers we are looking at if you believe the media are good enough the last thing we need is another Niasse situation so let's not do a panic buy.

Gonna be hard to find someone we "know" is good enough who would come to a non champions league club. Whoever we bring in is likely to be a bit of a gamble. On the bright side we don't need a 20+ goal scorer with how our team is structured now.