rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

Typical nonsense from you dunc.  Offering him a contract is irrelevant.... the balloon headed buffoon was picking on thd lad to the extent that koeman himself stated that the player had raised a grievance to it.
Phil Neville of all people felt the need to speak out - don Hutchison. Others did.

In the words of koeman...... "I pick on the player even though others have been worse, he hates this criticism..... but ok ill offer him a contract quite late in the day" 

How the fuck is it nonsense ? I said he was offered a very good contract and he turned it down , am I right or am I wrong?
You questioned whether or not he was even offered a contract , is it Koemans fault that Ross turned down the contract Martinez offered him ?

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

How the fuck is it nonsense ? I said he was offered a very good contract and he turned it down , am I right or am I wrong?
You questioned whether or not he was even offered a contract , is it Koemans fault that Ross turned down the contract Martinez offered him ?

No idea if your right or not.

can you show me the details of this contract? How much and for how long?

once I have that I can give you an informed answer.

edit: now I have read on haha, you were answering a different question... sorry.

No idea if your right or not.
can you show me the details of this contract? How much and for how long?
once I have that I can give you an informed answer.

edit: now I have read on haha, you were answering a different question... sorry.

Are you seriously implying that he wasn’t offered a contract and that Martinez and Koeman both lied about it?

Has Koeman gone yet?

We only have two strikers in the squad,  both squad players, albeit one is promising.  Yesterday, Koeman had one on the bench and the other on the wing.  Rooney, who presumably was supposed to be a striker,  did his usual impression of being a defensive midfielder and we wonder why we can't score goals in open play.  I have given up on Koeman.  The problems we have are there for all to see and yet he appears clueless as to how to solve them.

OK….  rather than me posting many little snippets here and there, I thought I will make a one-stop post for all things Ronald Koeman.

Why did he get the job?

Ajax:- Resigned 4 years after taking the role – started well and declined.

Benfica:- Not very good – left for PSV

PSV:- won the league – stumbling over the line,  started well and finished poorly.  Got a job at Valencia

Valencia:- Disaster - sacked

AZ:- Disaster – lost 7 out of first 16 games

Feyenoord:- did ok  - 2 runners up and a third place

Southampton:- 7th and 6th – good stint

Well it’s hardly a CV that makes you think “wow”….. There is more bad than good.  2 out of 7 jobs were decent – a couple of disasters and the rest not good enough.

That said – I wanted him in.  His tenure at Southampton made me believe he was a good manager

Where we are now is that we are looking at a manager who had us all giddy and excited with his no nonsense talk – who will not suffer fools.  It appears now that the straight talking is a misrepresented large dose of zero level emotional intelligence.  Why?

How can a manager ridicule a player the way he did with Niasse?  I’m disgusted with myself that I thought it was ok to begin with. Fair play to a few on here who called it out for what it was at the very start – it was bullying.  Think of 13 kids getting together to play 6 a side….. Niasse was the 13th kid….  Not wanted by either side, no option of stick keeper vs spot keeper – not even allowed to watch – pretty much told to go home.  Yeah – that bad.

Koeman then started getting his claws into Barkley.  A very hot and cold player – a player that gets so much media attention because of his prodigious talents which has divided opinion, a lad who needs a father figure if there ever was one.  Martinez was too loose with him but got the best we have seen from the kid….. Koeman?  Well let’s just say when the media started circling the lad – instead of batting them away like Harry Redknapp did with a young Frank Lampard – and Fergie did with many of his lads – Koeman fuelled the fire. 

Does anyone think for one second that this sat well with the squad?  Barkley is like a little brother to many of those players – Jags, Baines, Coleman, Mirallas….  A renown sports psychologist told someone I know that Brendan  Rodgers would lose his senior players at Liverpool before it happened  - all because of Rodgers midlife crisis.  Once a leader shows frailties they lose respect – then that’s the end.   

Barkley hasn’t done enough at Everton to gain the type of stature at the club that Shearer had when Gullit managed him – but there are parallels.  Gullit tried to stamp his authority as the alpha male by picking on shearer…. Stupid move which cost him his job.     Barkleys is a different one….. if Koeman bought in players who made Barkleys omission  seem beneficial then we wouldn’t bat an eye lid.  But I believe we miss the lad – for all his inconsistencies he was a player we looked to when we were flat. 

I was told that Barkley would sign the contract if Koeman wasn’t the manager. That may still be the case…. Till then the man simply has to go.  He makes Martinez’s last weeks as Everton manager look stable – this is as bad as I’ve seen a talented squad play.  I struggle to find a better team on paper play with so little direction…. He has had £150m to do this to…..bye bye Ronald.

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Your best post that I can remember, Haf. 

Ta matt. Difficult to do proper posts on my phone.... 

He has done my nut in.  He doesn't even look hurt - it's like watching  Tony stark damaging his car collection with his iron man suit.... no sense of value or responsibility. 

My brother reckons he's up there with walker and Smith.... I can't disagree. Absolutely gobsmacked at how he has turned out. 

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Are you seriously implying that he wasn’t offered a contract and that Martinez and Koeman both lied about it?

No mate. Didn't you see my edit.

sorry it's my fault. I thought you were still responding to Hafs post about a good contract. I know he was offered one, just have no idea if it was a good one or not.

Not going to quote it, cos it's so long but agree with most of that Haf.

Only bit I disagree with is this Barkley contract thing that you keep regurgitating. And I've gone over it at length before. Simply, Barkley also refused to do contract talks while Martinez was manager and the press murmurs were that he wouldn't bother while Martinez was still at the club. It's not a situation unique to Koeman.

But, Yeah, the cons of appointing Koeman are slowly building up.