rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Trust me. Wealthy businessmen become that way because they focus and worry about every single cost. 

Trust me, a smart businessman would be considering the opportunity cost of keeping Koeman there as our global brand diminishes.

1 hour ago, Chach said:

Trust me, a smart businessman would be considering the opportunity cost of keeping Koeman there as our global brand diminishes.

I agree.  Moshiri wants success and is willing to be patient but the early signs are that, under Koeman, we are going backwards. If things don't improve quickly then Koeman will be gone.

I haven't added a lot on this topic but I felt from the start and still feel that our players are not taking any where near the amount of responsibility needed. I accept koeman hasn't had a perfect start however I still don't think he has been bad as it's been made out. 

He needs to be better yes but equally a lot of our "core" experienced players do as well.

12 hours ago, Chach said:

Ahem, we treat people as individuals on Toffee Talk.

:P

I always thought you were an Englishman Chach.

12 hours ago, johnh said:

I agree.  Moshiri wants success and is willing to be patient but the early signs are that, under Koeman, we are going backwards. If things don't improve quickly then Koeman will be gone.

agreed, makes sense  johnh.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

I haven't added a lot on this topic but I felt from the start and still feel that our players are not taking any where near the amount of responsibility needed. I accept koeman hasn't had a perfect start however I still don't think he has been bad as it's been made out. 

He needs to be better yes but equally a lot of our "core" experienced players do as well.

The biggest single worry is his complete inability or refusal to recognise that his ridiculous selection and formation just simply does not work. 

Forget everything else.... this alone is a worry.  

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Almost all of these lot are his own players now. He doesn't have any excuse in that regard imo.

25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His, or someone else's, they should be doing better and showing more than they are. That's the point Btay is making.

I get that but it's all about motivation. If you don't want to play for the person managing you arent going to perform. You don't have the right characters. My point is Koeman brought most of these here, and they almost all said how much they wanted to work for him yet they aren't. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You'd think, being the competitive animals sportsmen are, that they wouldn't allow their levels to be as they are. 

People are making the argument that the manager has lost the dressing room and that the players aren't playing for the manager, as they did when Martinez was manager. I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. There's only so much blame a manager can take. Once those players go on to the pitch it's on them for the most part. Players play for themselves, they're very selfish. So I couldn't see them, as a collective, downing tools. Sure, you'll get one or two dickheads who don't give a shit, but they mostly just want to win , and win for themselves. They wouldn't like the stigma of being a loser.

Koeman's doing a lot wrong, but serious questions need to be asked about the players and their effort.

The players are being sent out handcuffed though.... its absolutely ridiculous to expect them to play under the instructions and formation they are given. 

We have zero width, no pace, the heat map shows a ridiculously narrow set up with two DM's and players being played out of position.

Players who are showing a real desire and passion like Davies and DCL have been dropped or played out of position... Klassen has been found wanting and is getting played, Williams is playing ahead of Jags.... John Joe Kenny on the bench whilst Cuco is playing?

As a fan I have no faith in Koeman... the players must be really frustrated.

I give him the next two games. It’s not just the results the football has been horrendous. You can tell the players are pissed off with the formation and lack of movement. I don’t know why he doesn’t play a standard 4-4-2 formation for a few games. Vlasic and lookman on the wings and Rooney alongside DCL 

Maybe there is a bit of an issue with players not giving their all. After all, sheer effort and commitment is what brought Niasse his recent goals. But there's more to it than that. When Baines run down the left wing, Koeman's setup is such that he has few options when in the opponents' half of the field. As a result, he passes back or to the side. How many times have we seen the midfield pass rather aimlessly because wide options are not there and Koeman's apparent plan is to play into the most crowded areas. For the players, it has to be a case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't": Try to play differently and suffer the wrath of Koeman, or play his way and get nowhere. That must be frustrating and have an effect on morale and hence effort.

On 06/10/2017 at 18:23, Romey 1878 said:

You'd think, being the competitive animals sportsmen are, that they wouldn't allow their levels to be as they are. 

People are making the argument that the manager has lost the dressing room and that the players aren't playing for the manager, as they did when Martinez was manager. I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. There's only so much blame a manager can take. Once those players go on to the pitch it's on them for the most part. Players play for themselves, they're very selfish. So I couldn't see them, as a collective, downing tools. Sure, you'll get one or two dickheads who don't give a shit, but they mostly just want to win , and win for themselves. They wouldn't like the stigma of being a loser.

Koeman's doing a lot wrong, but serious questions need to be asked about the players and their effort.

This is exactly my thoughts.

i have said it before many times, I don't expect us to never lose, but when we do it has to be in a manner where we fans can be proud of the effort. Thats been lacking and I truly think a bit of heart and fight these last few weeks would have earnt us enough ( not a lot ) of points to put us in a position that we could say - okay new team is gelling, now let's push on through this favourable run and see where we are and what we can do against the "big boys" second time around. 

35 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I can see this saga ending in Koeman taking over as Holland manager rather than him being sacked or resigning - was looking for odds on him being next Dutch manager but couldn’t find any (didn’t look very thoroughly mind).

Good shout!

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

I can see this saga ending in Koeman taking over as Holland manager rather than him being sacked or resigning - was looking for odds on him being next Dutch manager but couldn’t find any (didn’t look very thoroughly mind).

That's a brilliant suggestion. Solves several problems and allows Koeman to save face. 

I hope someone refers Moshiri to your post.