rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He offered him a very good new contract , he hasn’t exactly shown him the door

Barkley turned down the contract, presumably because he thought he deserved more money, or had his agent in his ear telling him he did anyway. Which is par for the course with modern footballers. Apparently Ali has just done the same at Spurs. I haven't heard Pochettino come out and say 'I'd prefer to have players who want to play for the club' though. I don't think insinuating a player wants to leave when he has never said anything to that effect helps anyone.

daft cunt?
 Keeping lukaku???  Yeah could really do with his leadership, hard work, tenacity, I'm sure he would have been fully up for the cause.  You could always depend on him to put in a shift when all those around him weren't....
I fear your beloved Bill was involved in the sanction dunc.  

The daft cunt wasn’t aimed at you it was aimed at whoever signed off on selling him

We could do with his goals and his presence up front , we could do with a focal point to our play, we could do with an out ball

I must be hitting a nerve if you are reverting to you’re Buffon Union stance about “ my beloved Bill”

If Bill signed off on it he is a daft cunt , if Moshiri signed off on it he is also a daft cunt

If you can’t see were missing him then IMO you are a very silly person [emoji12]

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

daft cunt?

Keeping lukaku???  Yeah could really do with his leadership, hard work, tenacity, I'm sure he would have been fully up for the cause.  You could always depend on him to put in a shift when all those around him weren't....

I fear your beloved Bill was involved in the sanction dunc.  

We sure could use his goals tho.

32 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Yes Haf, the reason we have scored practically no goals is we haven’t replaced him- it’s no coincidence since he left we’ve practically scored nothing.

I know that stick in your throat but we miss Lukaku- fucking deal with it mate!

We are shit, but it's not because we miss him, it's because we never replaced him plus the fact everybody is playing shit.  A new broom will sweep clean, and we need one urgently.

Part of the problem is he can't see anything wrong with only drawing to Brighton &HA. "We know we can play better but the commitment and belief was really positive,".

Bollocks.

For 89 minutes we couldn't score and only managed a goal because Rooney didn't mess up the penalty!

Lukaku is a player who must be motivated. If he'd stayed, he would be pining for a Champion's League team no matter how we were doing. In the mess we're in, I doubt he'd show any motivation at all. Despite missing his goal-scoring abilities, I doubt he'd make much difference at the moment. Plus, we're just not set up to support a front man right now - no speed or width or, for that matter, space.

55 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Yes Haf, the reason we have scored practically no goals is we haven’t replaced him- it’s no coincidence since he left we’ve practically scored nothing.

I know that stick in your throat but we miss Lukaku- fucking deal with it mate!

How many chances have we missed?  We ain't creating so what is he there to do?

Far far far bigger issues in our side than his exclusion. 

51 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He offered him a very good new contract , he hasn’t exactly shown him the door

He offered him a very good contract???

He spent the latter part of 2016 slating him in the press and telling them that his contract will get discussed next year....

As at march he acknowledged  that the contract negotiations hadn't been started and by may he was issuing ultimatum.

Shock horror..... the lad has looked elsewhere. 

He offered him a very good contract???
He spent the latter part of 2016 slating him in the press and telling them that his contract will get discussed next year....
As at march he acknowledged  that the contract negotiations hadn't been started and by may he was issuing ultimatum.
Shock horror..... the lad has looked elsewhere. 

Yes Haf he was offered a very good contract , not too sure which part of that statement you are struggling to understand

It's crazy to suggest that with all the money he spent since Lukaku left, that some think that we are in this position because we lost Lukaku, and not because Koeman bought poorly and his tactics are woeful, yes I do agree that Lukaku is sorely missed but even he would struggle in this team.

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Does anyone really believe he wasn't offered a new one under Martinez? The club have mishandled Stones, Lukaku, and more than likely Barkley. 

I agree when you add it up we would be considered a selling club, for all Moshiri's bravado about how much money he's going to put in the club, we only buy once we've sold, bet he was pissed off when Barkley walked away from the Chelsea deal.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yes Haf he was offered a very good contract , not too sure which part of that statement you are struggling to understand

Not struggling to understand anything.... I think you are....  how do you think the contract offer went down?

"hey Ross......  I know I've done nothing but slag you off in the press.... anyway... that contract that you've been waiting on that's been delayed.... well here it is. Sign it next week or get sold"

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If all Lukaku was just a finisher like you say then I would agree with you but for me he was more than that

Ok fair enough... he was a finisher who spent international breaks telling the media how he needed to move away....  he was a finisher who had the touch of Harvey Weinstein.  He was a finisher who didn't work very hard for the side.... he was a finisher who lost a ridiculous amount of headers....

But he was a finisher.

Not struggling to understand anything.... I think you are....  how do you think the contract offer went down? "hey Ross......  I know I've done nothing but slag you off in the press.... anyway... that contract that you've been waiting on that's been delayed.... well here it is. Sign it next week or get sold"

Your right I’m struggling to see your point , is that you back tracking ?

Either he was offered or a contract or he wasn’t , no gray area here

11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Your right I’m struggling to see your point , is that you back tracking ?

Either he was offered or a contract or he wasn’t , no gray area here

Lets say you have a daughter who goes out with a bloke who does nothing but criticise her....  he comes to you and asks for her hand in marriage.  You gonna say yes are you???

Of course not.  

Will it make any difference when you tell him that all he does is criticise her and his response is "well I've asked her to marry me"

Nope. Doesn't wash. And Barkley' s situation has stunk since the get go.

We miss him more than koeman would like to admit. 

Lets say you have a daughter who goes out with a bloke who does nothing but criticise her....  he comes to you and asks for her hand in marriage.  You gonna say yes are you???
Of course not.  
Will it make any difference when you tell him that all he does is criticise her and his response is "well I've asked her to marry me"
Nope. Doesn't wash. And Barkley' s situation has stunk since the get go.
We miss him more than koeman would like to admit. 

Is that your way of saying yes he was in fact offered a contract ?

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Is that your way of saying yes he was in fact offered a contract ?

Typical nonsense from you dunc.  Offering him a contract is irrelevant.... the balloon headed buffoon was picking on thd lad to the extent that koeman himself stated that the player had raised a grievance to it.

Phil Neville of all people felt the need to speak out - don Hutchison. Others did.

In the words of koeman...... "I pick on the player even though others have been worse, he hates this criticism..... but ok ill offer him a contract quite late in the day"