rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

3 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

The Unsworth shouts are nothing short of naive imo 

The man has no experience being at the helm at this level he's essentially been handling youth players with very little pressure 

His next move should be as a number 2 

I'd call it a low risk gamble.

Low risk in the sense that he can't do any worse than koeman.  Low risk in the sense that he won't cost a fortune and could return to under 23 duty.

Teams have been promoting from within the club for years... nothing new and nothing too much of a risk.

unsqorrh is someone who gets the club and would work his socks off. It would be a privelage for him to be managing us. 

I honestly think it's more Naive to right him off.

leta face it, who did Howard Kendall play for? And don't forget he managed our club at a time when a lot of high profile players had already came to our league... Ossie Ardilles, Ricky Villa and more.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Teams have been promoting from within the club for years... nothing new and nothing too much of a risk.

unsqorrh is someone who gets the club and would work his socks off. It would be a privelage for him to be managing us. 

I honestly think it's more Naive to right him off.

leta face it, who did Howard Kendall play for? And don't forget he managed our club at a time when a lot of high profile players had already came to our league... Ossie Ardilles, Ricky Villa and more.

Different person different era different game, incomparable imo Shukes

Why would it be a privilege? I love the work he's doing with the U's but to think it's comparable to stepping into the first team let alone a side that has spent so much money and has so much pressure and spotlight on it at the moment is naive imo 

Teams have been promoting from within for years... Name me more than a few in recent times that have done so with any success at such a level and a club of our profile that wants to push on? 

Because he is a fan and a member of our club. Surely he would find it a privilege to be in such a position?

dont forgot that every manager has had to start from somewhere. Ferguson was not a premier champion before Utd. Mourinho started from being second to Bobby Robson.

people cannot take their chance unless the opportunity arrives. Football is one of the biggest examples of this.

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Because he is a fan and a member of our club. Surely he would find it a privilege to be in such a position?

dont forgot that every manager has had to start from somewhere. Ferguson was not a premier champion before Utd. Mourinho started from being second to Bobby Robson.

people cannot take their chance unless the opportunity arrives. Football is one of the biggest examples of this.

I agree with you Shukes he should be given the opportunity he's proved himself in the U23s, now some may say he's not ready or lacks experience, but I'd say Koeman's had plenty of experience and look at the hash he's made of it.

I mentioned Pellegrini as I wanted him in before Koeman but don't think he'd come here now. Heart says that Rhino along with Dunc should be given a go, so at this  point what is the problem in giving a True Blue the chance? After all managers have to start somewhere. Dreams......."David Unsworth's Everton WIN!!"

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I’m boss on Football Manager , do you reckon I should apply?

Personally I still think it’s too soon to sack him, he turned Goodison back in to a fortress last year after the Martinez fiasco , so I don’t think he is as tactically inept as some would have you believe

There are gaping holes in the squad but I suppose it all comes back to who you blame for that

It’s well known his game plan revolves around a target man , we haven’t got one and I’m not convinced that’s his fault

On 03/10/2017 at 01:39, markjazzbassist said:

those that want ancelotti obviously don't know much about him.  he is not a tactician, he is not into training.  he is a man manager, gets along well with everyone (ronaldo acted like he lost his father when they let him go) and puts out what he thinks is the best lineup and lets the players play.  

that's not what we need.  we need someone to drill the backline, come up with some proper tactics, and develop a style.  Tuchel could work, although he burns out after a few years at every place he goes and he's similar to the martinez/koeman style of all attack not much defense.  shouts for Rafa are farcical at best.  It's a bad time of year to look for a manager.  Unsworth sounds great on paper and is a blue and all that, but i worry the whole campaign could be a bit much for him, he could have the same fate as koeman.  also if he's manager for majority of the season you think he just goes back to the u23 nice and quietly if we hire someone else?  probably would leave to manage elsewhere since he would have the credentials then.

I don't think Ancelotti would come here, but I think your underrating him a bit with his tactical nous. He developed Milan's 4321 that saw them with the CL, he switched Pirlo's position to a deeper role with huge success, and he's done numerous formation and tactical switches over time that have paid off. Some recent comments from Bayern players say one thing, and he would have a different style to Guardiola no doubt, but I'd class him as a tactician over someone like Klopp who, while having developed a great tactic, can't seem to adjust and change it based on his players.

He's had access to many top class players throughout his career though to help, Keane and Williams aren't comparable to Maldini and Nesta.

Regarding Koeman I'm struggling to see how he's going to turn this around, but I don't think the sack will instantly fix the glaring issues with our squad.

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and I’m boss on Football Manager , do you reckon I should apply?

Yes. You won't get a chance if you don't apply.

obviously Rhino has his coaching qualifications and has spent a few years in a coaching position. So you may find that he would be a few steps above you.

but hey, everyone loves a tryer! Much respect for you.

Sorry Shukes I read it completely backwards as in it would be our privilege 😂 

I get the logic behind wanting him and the financial side of it being low risk but I think the man needs carry on learning his craft with the U's then possibly be an assistant/no2 down the line 

2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Sorry Shukes I read it completely backwards as in it would be our privilege 😂 

I get the logic behind wanting him and the financial side of it being low risk but I think the man needs carry on learning his craft with the U's then possibly be an assistant/no2 down the line 

Yes you are right and I do t believe it's the right time for him. I just don't think anyone can do any worse at the moment haha.

but a No2 is a good shout for him. Learn his trade a bit more and build up contacts.

31 minutes ago, yamar said:

Rumours going around that Koemans quit. Mutual it appears.

Saves his reputation a little I guess. He must still be hoping for the Barca job one day. That or his pride is commendable unlike Martinez. 

Saves us millions and I can't imagine anyone coming in and doing worse. Will celebrate once confirmed.