rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

46 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I believe the Dutch national team has lost too much quality. There are no longer any top international players in the squad. Arjen Robben was the last one and he has just retired from the Dutch national team.

Says the man who signed Davy Klaassen for £25m

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I believe the Dutch national team has lost too much quality. There are no longer any top international players in the squad. Arjen Robben was the last one and he has just retired from the Dutch national team.

Says the man who signed Davy Klaassen for £25m

:lol:

27 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Personally I still think it’s way too early to sack him

2-3 weeks ago I would've agreed. But this seems like a good opportunity for both sides. That said, it'll be a setback for the club, as it'll mean yet another season of rebuilding

There is something fundamentally missing with Koeman. 

Good managers learn and adapt.... this man makes repeated mistakes time and time again. 

It's as frustrating as opening the front door to allow a bee to escape the house and watching it bang against the porch window for 5 minutes. 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

There is something fundamentally missing with Koeman. 

Good managers learn and adapt.... this man makes repeated mistakes time and time again. 

It's as frustrating as opening the front door to allow a bee to escape the house and watching it bang against the porch window for 5 minutes. 

Is that a Chinese proverb grass hopper.;)

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Is that a Chinese proverb grass hopper.;)

Haha it sounds like it doesn't it.

A bee bashing itself against a window pane trying to get outside.... you open the door or window and it still smacks its against the window.... not realising that the solution is there waiting for it to find.... yet it continues to repeat a failed process.....

That's Ronald koeman that is.  Eventually it comes a time where you need to squash it before it stings you. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Watching his press conference yesterday, I've never seen him so stressed. No self confidence / arrogance, despite his words. Looked rough.  He certainly feeling the pressure from somewhere. 

Maybe he's being questioned in the media.... maybe he's had his locker taken off him......  things that he's done to 2 of our players.

A bloke in work bought a new car last year.  The last few months he's had nothing but trouble with it.  Keeps getting fixed.

He wants rid now.... when fundamental things go wrong for no reason it makes you lose faith in it. 

That reminded me of koeman. 

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sean Dyche?! Fuck me... I like the guy but he would be a massive step back. If Koeman goes, we need to throw money at Anchelotti

Completely wrong!

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sean Dyche?! Fuck me... I like the guy but he would be a massive step back. If Koeman goes, we need to throw money at Anchelotti

Although I have become anti ginger on the managerial front for everton.

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why Not?  He's proved himself very capable.  Deserves a shot.

Is sooner give unsworth the rest of the season if I'm honest

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I like the guy and repect what he has done with Burnley, but in essense he is Moyes Mk 2, bert sound defensivley hit teams on the counter. We need a manager who can improve us and get us playing the type of football City are playing, which needs a manager like Anchelotti.

If we lose today he should go, no argument just go.

I know people say we have played a few top sides in our start, but if we hope to break in to the top four these are the teams we have to beat, we can't even beat the lower teams so he should just go.  Worry about who takes over afterwards.

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

If we lose today he should go, no argument just go.

I know people say we have played a few top sides in our start, but if we hope to break in to the top four these are the teams we have to beat, we can't even beat the lower teams so he should just go.  Worry about who takes over afterwards.

Given the pressure that he looked like he was under at the press conference I don't think his pride will allow him to remain.

34 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Why Not?  He's proved himself very capable.  Deserves a shot.

Is sooner give unsworth the rest of the season if I'm honest

33 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I like the guy and repect what he has done with Burnley, but in essense he is Moyes Mk 2, bert sound defensivley hit teams on the counter. We need a manager who can improve us and get us playing the type of football City are playing, which needs a manager like Anchelotti.

Bingo. 

Like i said, I like Dyche but he won't take us forward. He'd be very good at steadying the squad but he won't get us top 4. If Morishi really wants to show ambition, we need to show it by going for the calibre of Anchelotti

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bingo. 

Like i said, I like Dyche but he won't take us forward. He'd be very good at steadying the squad but he won't get us top 4. If Morishi really wants to show ambition, we need to show it by going for the calibre of Anchelotti

Anchelotti will need a lot more money thrown at him. He is also not a man manager anymore and someone who does not integrate himself with the players in training. 

We need a manager who will be involved in the training and also be tactically strong in games. Someone who thinks outside the box.

Brendan Rodgers would be a shout for me. He's part of that small cluster of managers who have that bit extra about them. Talks very well. Has good relations with his players and can set up a team with full understanding of what their goal is in a match.

Also will have no affinity with the shite as they played him like fool at the end of his contract.

3 minutes ago, yamar said:

Anchelotti will need a lot more money thrown at him. He is also not a man manager anymore and someone who does not integrate himself with the players in training. 

We need a manager who will be involved in the training and also be tactically strong in games. Someone who thinks outside the box.

Brendan Rodgers would be a shout for me. He's part of that small cluster of managers who have that bit extra about them. Talks very well. Has good relations with his players and can set up a team with full understanding of what their goal is in a match.

Also will have no affinity with the shite as they played him like fool at the end of his contract.

He would take a lot of money, but for his experience and track record he'd be worth it.

BR found his level in Scotland, don't want him anywhere near our club

1 minute ago, Matt said:

He would take a lot of money, but for his experience and track record he'd be worth it.

BR found his level in Scotland, don't want him anywhere near our club

He was one game away from winning the PL you numpty.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

And I don't rate him. As for man management abilities, having names in envelopes who he thinks will let him down during a season is not exactly inspiring. 

Yep, Fergie done the same and after dominating for a decade I don't mind that kind of thing myself.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Given the pressure that he looked like he was under at the press conference I don't think his pride will allow him to remain.

1 hour ago, yamar said:

Ahhh bonjuor

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Don't try to multi-task is the moral of this mornings postings lol.

And learn how to spell "bonjour";).