rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

55 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I still don't understand why Moshiri had to go to the press with that BS. I wish he would just deal with stuff in house and stop talking shit.

I concur. And everything that goes through Jim White either turns out bullshit or wrong. 

I don't like that relationship at all. It feels forced and designed to keep Evertonians happy. So far it's had the opposite effect.

Stop with the Unsworth shouts. Jesus. *Everton approaches young promising player to sign for club, told Unsworths been after him for weeks, "who?"...signs for a manager who's actually done something as a first team coach.

The pull of Ancellotti alone, would convince players to join. The guy is a winner. My first choice would still be Tuchel though, with the young  squad he'd inherited, we'd be class. His coaching techniques are lightyears ahead of most top level coaches and works hard on chemistry and link up relationships. Best young manager (that's available) bar none.

4 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

I concur. And everything that goes through Jim White either turns out bullshit or wrong. 

I don't like that relationship at all. It feels forced and designed to keep Evertonians happy. So far it's had the opposite effect.

Stop with the Unsworth shouts. Jesus. *Everton approaches young promising player to sign for club, told Unsworths been after him for weeks, "who?"...signs for a manager who's actually done something as a first team coach.

The pull of Ancellotti alone, would convince players to join. The guy is a winner. My first choice would still be Tuchel though, with the young  squad he'd inherited, we'd be class. His coaching techniques are lightyears ahead of most top level coaches and works hard on chemistry and link up relationships. Best young manager (that's available) bar none.

What complete bullshit. We find ourselves in this position with a manger who has been there, done it and worn the t-shirt. Players have already signed for us based on who we have as our manager. They have stated this in their reasoning.

It's time to stop looking for the biggest name. We need a manager who can tactically match any team in the PL, be assertive without fallling out with players and have a long term plan. 

17 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

I agree with the first bit, not necessarily the second. Tuchel would be my first choice, but I fear Ancelloti would end up similar to Koeman. 

I don't agree that we should give the job to Unsy straight off but I would be up for him doing a caretaker job until the person we want is available.

13 minutes ago, yamar said:

What complete bullshit. We find ourselves in this position with a manger who has been there, done it and worn the t-shirt. Players have already signed for us based on who we have as our manager. They have stated this in their reasoning.

It's time to stop looking for the biggest name. We need a manager who can tactically match any team in the PL, be assertive without fallling out with players and have a long term plan. 

If you don't have the resources and players available as the big clubs you need someone who can tactically bridge the gap. 

Just now, Bailey said:

If you don't have the resources and players available as the big clubs you need someone who can tactically bridge the gap. 

Isn't that what I said?

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I didn’t think you’d like all that authoritarian shit. You certainly took issue with Koeman making the squad wait to eat until everyone is present. 

Authority is fine.

I'm not into bad mannered managers who makes players wait for him before eating - which is what he was doing. 

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I was agreeing with you although I was going to add more but got distracted and pressed send 😃

😁 sausage fingers.

I did think today... If we were to sack Koeman we would gain 1/8 of our squad back.

"Hi all, whatever happened under Ronald has happened. This cannot be changed. I am here now and I want you all to stay at this fantastic club and for all of us to achieve a fantastic legacy together. I believe in everyone of you individually and hope that you can give me a chance to bring the best out of you and me"

Everyone who has fell out with would be on board with the new manager and we have a squad again.

36 minutes ago, yamar said:

And Unsworth is worthy of said tshirt is he? 

Based on what? 

10 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

And Unsworth is worthy of said tshirt is he? 

Based on what? 

Again what I would say is that it's not necessarily that the manager has to be a tactical genius, it's more that he knows what players work well together, and how to get them playing together. We aren't going to get Pep (if you haven't looked on whoscored.com at the average player position v Chelsea, you should as it's a thing of beauty) and from there on there is a gulf in tactical managers, especially when you consider who is available. 

From the little I have seen of Unsy, and it is only a little, he seems to know how to set up a side. Thats why he needs a trial, certainly not the full time job.

1 hour ago, Lowensda said:

Except Walsh was still able to pull in players good enough to win the PL despite the fact that Nigel Pearson was in charge. Players don't just sign for clubs because of who the manager is. For one, modern footballers know that managers don't have the greatest longevity at a single club. You might sign for your hero and end up seeing out most of your contract under someone you previously couldn't stand.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Authority is fine.

I'm not into bad mannered managers who makes players wait for him before eating - which is what he was doing. 

How is that bad mannered?! I bet it’s common practice at most clubs that a squad, and manager and coaching staff, eat together once everyone is there. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

How is that bad mannered?! I bet it’s common practice at most clubs that a squad, and manager and coaching staff, eat together once everyone is there. 

Ffs are we getting into this again??? The rumour is he makes himself late/last and makes the players wait for him.

I'm fine with the etiquette of pepple waiting for meals to be served before people eat. I'm not ok with egotistical sods who make themselves the focus at others expense. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ffs are we getting into this again??? The rumour is he makes himself late/last and makes the players wait for him.

I'm fine with the etiquette of pepple waiting for meals to be served before people eat. I'm not ok with egotistical sods who make themselves the focus at others expense. 

I’m sure you were very eager to believe that and spread it further :P 

I can well believe he can be a prick if you cross him but I can’t see him going out of his way to be awkward tbh. 

If he is sacked, of the available managers here is the order I would like

1.  Marcelo Biesla

2.  Thomas Tuchel

3.  Rhino

talk about whipping the team into shape and tactics biesla would be perfect.  His all action press and attack would be a good fit for a lot of our players and bring excitement back to goodison.  Not to mention he is a maniac about preparation, no more fix it at the half.  people like Potch and sampaoli well they got it from El Loco, hire the master.

I'm sorry but it just needs to happen now.

By all accounts Walter Smith pretty much abandoned his duties when he was here and I have tgevsame feeling with Koeman.

It's like watching a teenager wash his dad's car....  just splashing water - no elbow grease, sulky face.

I'll take any of MJB 3 managers.

Plus if we get rid now we have a chance that Barkley will sign his contract.  May be wring but I do think he would sign if koeman wasn't here. 

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Marcelo Biesla

He only started at Lille this season.

With 4 defeats in his first 7 games there's always the chance he'll get sacked though I suppose!

Must admit I didn't really know of him but his wiki sounds impressive.  Hasn't won a whole lot mind with just 3 Argentine championships in the 90's and a gold medal in the Olympics with Argentina.  Did good things with Athletico Bilbao though 

He seems a bit volatile though, did one season at Marseillie, had a few days at Lazio and is now having a hard time at Lille.

A write up here bout his current season, the way he pulled apart the Lille team and eccentricity don't inspire me with confidence https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/25/marcelo-bielsa-lille-monaco-ligue-1

Tuchel seems to be in talks with Bayern.

Rhino, the job is yours!

2 hours ago, FairWooney said:

With 4 defeats in his first 7 games there's always the chance he'll get sacked though I suppose!

Must admit I didn't really know of him but his wiki sounds impressive.  Hasn't won a whole lot mind with just 3 Argentine championships in the 90's and a gold medal in the Olympics with Argentina.  Did good things with Athletico Bilbao though 

He seems a bit volatile though, did one season at Marseillie, had a few days at Lazio and is now having a hard time at Lille.

A write up here bout his current season, the way he pulled apart the Lille team and eccentricity don't inspire me with confidence https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/25/marcelo-bielsa-lille-monaco-ligue-1

Rhino, the job is yours!

Shit I didn't know he was at Lille!  I need to watch some more French league now.

if tuchel is going to Bayern then I guess it's rhino left.  I don't want pardew rednapp fat sam etc.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Shit I didn't know he was at Lille!  I need to watch some more French league now.

if tuchel is going to Bayern then I guess it's rhino left.  I don't want pardew rednapp fat sam etc.

If any of them got the job I might give up (I know I won't but only because I'm addicted). I've supported Everton through thick and thin, but that would just be a fuck you to all Evertonians

3 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Rhino, the job is yours!

I had to look that up, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Didn't know that Unsworth was known as Rhino.

Simeone is the only viable option in our position. He can strip squad and get them extremely well drilled again... Give him all the money in the world and get him in.

Absolute no to Bielsa. He is too stubborn/theoretical and if his concepts don't translate over, his teams go tits up. Also, his style is too distinct to build around because any manager we appoint after him would have to have a similar style to have a chance of success. Also think his style is too extreme for England, at least with the players we could buy. 

Let the shite sack Klopp, and then take him. If he can have a change of heart, so can I. Think Evertonians would love his style. 

Rafa is a good shout.