rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Ancelotti out at Bayern, prepare for the posts about getting him here to replace koeman.  for the record, i love ancelotti and would welcome him here, but i think there is no chance he comes here even if they do fire koeman.

Your wrong. He's on the same plane as Cavani's wife heading into the city now.

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

Well Newty, you are taking a comment and expanding it to encompass people as individuals. 

Again the comment was that he doubts Koeman gives a shot about what people think.

it wasn't that he doesn't think Koeman listens to every fans opinion and makes his decisions from them.... was it? No need to answer that one, you know just as well as I do already.

now if you still find that a strength, then fine, that's your own council and not mine to change. But for me it was a weakness that o used to have....then I got older and wiser gained the knowledge that I wasn't as smart as I dreamt, nowhere near. Still aren't. But I do know to respect people's opinions whether I agree with them or not.

big difference between not giving a shit about what people think and keeping your own council. 

To be clear... it's the Koeman not giving a shit comment I am talking about.....that's all.... no twisting... no expanding.... just that.

now just accept that I am right and let's move on... your opinion doesn't count!

Shukes, my mate, you've lost me a bit with the direction you are trying to take here!

I do get what you mean but it's one of those conversations where it just can't 'meet' in an online forum!!!

Love you....twat.

After that... yes. Just same mistakes as Martinez, but none of the good football going forward. We are horrible to watch and a soft touch to play against. Slow, pedestrian, predictable football with a players either horribly out of form or horribly low on confidence. I just don't see Koeman turning this around

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Still a NO....but every time he insists on doing the same thing and every time we play the same way for 45 - 60 minutes and make the same mistakes...the meter wiggles slightly towards yes!!!

Pretty much where I am. It's a shame as I think we've signed some brilliant players but for either a system that clearly doesn't work or for a system that clearly doesn't exist.

I don't see us making any decision imminently but do see failiure to get past the group stage as a potential trigger.

i'm starting to really get pissed.  i'm one of the few people that likes the Europa league and find it an honor to play in.  I loved the run we had with Roberto (albeit not that collapse in russia) and was hoping Ron would take it seriously after seeing United win and get CL.  The last 2 europa matches have me furious.  What the fuck?  we finally qualify just to throw it away?  

i'm not ready to get rid yet but he needs to improve some things before christmas.

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Pretty much where I am. It's a shame as I think we've signed some brilliant players but for either a system that clearly doesn't work or for a system that clearly doesn't exist.

I don't see us making any decision imminently but do see failiure to get past the group stage as a potential trigger.

It accumulates with every passing game at the moment. Little things add up to big things.

Again, it's not just about results but about performances and selections.

I don't like to knee jerk react but build up a view ovetime....and unfortunately my view of Koeman is not going in the direction I want it to. Which is a shame as I know he and we can do much better than this.

Stop playing Rooney and Sigurdsson. Please, ffs. If you're going to have a front three, make it a fucking proper front three where you have a central striker (DCL), with two players capable of playing as wide forwards either side (Sandro, Lookman, Vlasic, Mirallas). Drop one of Schneiderlin and Gana and shift Sigurdsson centrally where he looks so much more comfortable. 

At the moment we've got Sigurdsson looking like a big piece of shit if he gets it out wide, or he completely abandons his side and starts standing on the toes of whoever is in the middle of the pitch. Then there's Rooney who, if he isn't also clogging up the middle of the pitch, he's exchanging short passes with our fucking centre backs!

My head hurts at how complicated Koeman is making this. It's not, it's pretty simple. 

48 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I can't get my head around why he persists with a formation that is clearly niot working. There hasn't even been signs that it will eventually come good.

Feel sick and I've been waking up on and off through the night with this result weighing heavily on my mind.

If you watch him on the touchline you can see him telling him what he wants, and it's not what they're giving. So why does he play the wrong players and/or formation that makes it nigh on impossible for them to do what he wants? :huh:

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I can't get my head around why he persists with a formation that is clearly niot working. There hasn't even been signs that it will eventually come good.

Feel sick and I've been waking up on and off through the night with this result weighing heavily on my mind.

This is why I want him gone... it's not the results as such - it's his clear inability to set the side up correctly from the start.

Game after game after game.  

The man refuses to accept that his pipedream doesn't work. That's a problem in itself. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

This is why I want him gone... it's not the results as such - it's his clear inability to set the side up correctly from the start.

Game after game after game.  

The man refuses to accept that his pipedream doesn't work. That's a problem in itself. 

I've supported him, you know that- I've never said he's the answer but I've always wanted him to be given time- I still do but he cannot go on playing sides like this.