rubecula

Should we sack Koeman?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• yes
    • no
    • don't know
    • not yet, give him a while
  2. 2. who would replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within.
    • someone from elsewhere
    • Answered no to the first question so not relevant

Martinez used to be one of the main reason players came to Everton so I wouldn't use that as a reason to think Koeman holds much sway. In fact, Martinez attracted Lukaku, Geri and Etoo. Koeman has attracted Pickford and Keane. 

Players like Anelka, Campo, Okacha all signed for Allardyce so personally I think it means fuck all.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I care more about how he gets his players playing than how he attracts players.... who don't perform.

i don't think Koeman has ever been considered one of the top manager, and I'm not convinced players have joined because of him, but rather for the vision he put forward to them... which is Everton's vision not koemans.

these players also credited Bill and Bob for joining us. Does this mean we have one of the top chairmen and ... we'll whatever he is haha.

ots the vision and ambition of the club that attracts players, managers just push that vision out. Then they should get on with their jobs and pick a team and formation that wins matches.

They come for the money if there contracts reflect what they cost they must be raking it in.

Which I don't really have a problem with that's commerce, but they should a least try harder to earn the money there taking.

33 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I don't think any 1 negative is enough to say get rid..... but when you list them then unfortunately it doesn't paint a good picture.

1. His handling of Barkley... none stop criticism whilst others were getting off with it

2. His treatment of niasse. 

3. His inability to use players like Kenny, Davies and DCL correctly - dropping them when they earned a place and sticking to his favourites

4. His continued insistence on setting us up with poor tactics and the same ineffective team

5. Red baubles on a Christmas tree.... that clinched it.

6.not celebrating goals and looking miserable

1) He spent allot of time praising his quality, and his ability. But also giving him the kick up the arse he needed. Also a little bit of double standards given the abuse Barkley got on this website.

2) Yep agree with that - should have re-integrated him into squad when we new we were not signing Giroud.

3) Davies was a pretty much constant in the side last season, he has tried to use his new players this season which has not worked as Klaassen has not yet adapted to the premier league and I hope that Davies is pretty much first choice while his form and fitness lasts.

DCL has been used pretty much all this season and got quite allot of game last season from the subs bench to integrate him, considering we had a certain Mr Lukaku who was scoring goals like he stole them last season DCL got quite a bit of game time.

Kenny has started a few games, considering he wanted to try Coco, we had Holgate, and a tough start to the season against the best sides in the league it probably was the right decision not to use him and risk damaging his confidence. I expect he will be used allot more now.

4) Again we had tough games and a new team with no striker so can understand him going safety first. But I agree that he needs to drop Klaassen until he is ready for the premier league, play Gana or Morgan use Siggy AND a Lookman, Vlasic, or Bolasie when he is back and to play DCL and a second striker. Coco should only be played in a 5 man defense or as emergency cover.

5) I had red baubles on my tree, I also have a red clock, and socks, I'm still a Everton fan.

6) He did celebrate the second goal as has been shown.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Where's the logic in that, Mourinho never played football who's better.

Ah ha. To use the Anti-Koeman type argument style, let me say this....

Mourinho did play football. In his career he won the ashes twice, was one of the best known pitchers, had a knock out rate of 95%, and a dead good handicap.

On 9/25/2017 at 16:19, hafnia said:

What is delusional?  Giving a manager who gets the best out of his players and understands the club a shot....

Or persisting with a manager who repeatedly sets up a side that fail like someone who is locked out banging on the door like it's magically going to open..

Personally unsworth may not be the answer but koeman most certainly isn't... not when I see a reaction like this to niasse' goal..

You got the clip of the winning goal too? Just for balance :)

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

You got the clip of the winning goal too? Just for balance :)

Anyone who's been involved in any sport at any level in whatever capacity should know the difference between the two reactions. Sometimes you're in the shit and pull it round when you know you should (or start to) and you're just relieved, other times it's a decisive moment and you're elated. Koeman showed both; it wouldn't have bothered me personally if he'd just given the second goal a fist pump because it was a game he was expecting to win, but he jumped around like a kid waking up on Christmas Day.

As I said before, complete non story; move along, nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Anyone who's been involved in any sport at any level in whatever capacity should know the difference between the two reactions. Sometimes you're in the shit and pull it round when you know you should (or start to) and you're just relieved, other times it's a decisive moment and you're elated. Koeman showed both; it wouldn't have bothered me personally if he'd just given the second goal a fist pump because it was a game he was expecting to win, but he jumped around like a kid waking up on Christmas Day.

As I said before, complete non story; move along, nothing to see here.

Is it possible that he thought I better react like Ferguson did on the first goal, or people are going to think I don't give a shit, because we've never seen him animated like that before I just think he copied Fergie for effect.

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Is it possible that he thought I better react like Ferguson did on the first goal, or people are going to think I don't give a shit, because we've never seen him animated like that before I just think he copied Fergie for effect.

Koeman doesn't strike me as someone who gives a shit what other people think.