IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Saturday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't care who we have played so far, it's the fact that our performances have been so poor. Even West Ham put up more fight than us. Southampton didn't roll over in the first half hour against Utd. Bournemouth didn't just sit back and let 11 man City have their way with them before conceding late. Leicester even game Chelsea a good game when we didn't even turn up against them. 

If we want to start competing for the top 6, let alone the top 4, we have to start performing in the big games.

THIS!.... We need to show dominant force in some part of a game. We look like we are still in friendly mode.

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I know people get excited and emotional about this, who doesn't, its just I hoped a nights sleep may of taken the heat out of this thread but alas no. It's not you but its starting to turn into a slanging match. I saw all the posts from last night and this morning and yours struck me as a bit rough and I thought I would call you out on it.

It was the "maybe baseball is your thing" to an American blue that I thought was out of order.

I didn't mean to come over patronising. 

Don't backtrack now. It's the most patronising comment yet.... And you did mean it.

2 minutes ago, yamar said:

Don't backtrack now. It's the most patronising comment yet.... And you did mean it.

How did you know? get out of my mind, stop seeing my thoughts, you mind reading svengali!

Oh wait that's right you cant read my mind, you don't know what I was thinking or what I meant other than reading what I posted.

Unless you genuinely believe you can read peoples minds and thoughts? 

In which case I am thinking of a phrase now, can you sense what it is?

Anyway I was not back tracking, I saw something I didn't agree with and spoke out on it.

Garth Crooks...

"The debate about the challenge by Simon Francis on Wayne Rooney is an interesting one. There is no doubt in my mind that Francis was reckless. Defenders cannot go for an aerial challenge using their arms to propel themselves forward, split the opponent's eyebrow and then claim the player ran into his elbow. It's absurd. The whole point of the defender challenging in that manner is to protect himself from the ensuing striker but also to issue a warning that if you do go for the aerial challenge you run the risk of getting what Rooney got - a split eyebrow.

Rooney made it absolutely clear to referee Martin Atkinson that it was the fourth time the Bournemouth centre-back had challenged in that fashion and the referee did not penalise the one that caused all the damage. It's all well and good Francis trying these dangerous manoeuvres with the likes of Rooney. Had Francis been playing against Duncan Ferguson I suspect it would have been Francis leaving the field of play, but on a stretcher."

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Garth Crooks...

"The debate about the challenge by Simon Francis on Wayne Rooney is an interesting one. There is no doubt in my mind that Francis was reckless. Defenders cannot go for an aerial challenge using their arms to propel themselves forward, split the opponent's eyebrow and then claim the player ran into his elbow. It's absurd. The whole point of the defender challenging in that manner is to protect himself from the ensuing striker but also to issue a warning that if you do go for the aerial challenge you run the risk of getting what Rooney got - a split eyebrow.

Rooney made it absolutely clear to referee Martin Atkinson that it was the fourth time the Bournemouth centre-back had challenged in that fashion and the referee did not penalise the one that caused all the damage. It's all well and good Francis trying these dangerous manoeuvres with the likes of Rooney. Had Francis been playing against Duncan Ferguson I suspect it would have been Francis leaving the field of play, but on a stretcher."

And we'd have been down to 10 men and lost. 

If I remember rightly, if you look at the challenge again Rooney also goes up with his arm, the difference being he didn't jump as high and he isn't as tall. 

It's like the Mane challenge, it happens a lot in games just that this time it catches someone in the head and a bit of claret gets spilled. 

Unless you make it so that players can't jump for a ball without using their arms then it's going to happen, and never in a million years is it a foul.