IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Saturday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope we go on a good run just to stop all this stupid bickering. I'm glad I'm at the game and don't have to read all of it!

We go the game!! Get over yourself fella.

14 minutes ago, London Blue said:

They both chose to come to the club, Lukaku was the best forward we have had at the club in decades, he scored 20+ goals a season for us and left us with a very healthy profit. I don't care if players fall in love with the club, it would be great if they did, but what I really care about is if they perform and Lukaku did.

Koeman performed for us last year and got us into Europe and in my opinion has got us some very good players. This is a tough time and I believe we will get through it and come out stronger. I will give him more time, till Christmas. I will criticize and question but I will also support, I will not turn it into a  hate campaign.

Oh and by the way who the fuck are you to judge a persons genuine affinity for the club?

If you remember, there was a huge point gap between the top teams and the rest last season. We hovered around in the middle of that gap. I really wouldn't say that Koeman performed last season. We had a terrible start, recovered in the new year, and fizzled at the end. There was no consistency and no obvious plan. Yes, we got into Europe but were just hammered by Atalanta, a team we should beat. Compare this with Martinez's first season: We finished higher in the league and went on to win our group in Europe. But how did that work out after a better start than Koeman's had?

Sorry, but I've never been convinced by Koeman. His peer on the pitch, I think, is Klaassen. He gets in the right position, does some things right, but just isn't cut out for the Premier League: too slow, no aggression, just "doing a job." To succeed, you need passion - obvious passion - and a clear strategy and plan. On the field, Davies and Niasse showed that today. Now we need a manager with that same attitude and sense of belief.

The key statement from Koeman this week was his response to Mourinho's comment that Everton should be pushing for the top four. Koeman should have agreed with him! What a segue into revealing your commitment to success. But no. Koeman is happy with being mid-table. His aim is not to be better than last year but to be no worse. That is a very telling attitude.

Remember Salieri in the movie 'Amadeus'? "I'm the champion of mediocrities, their patron saint." That's what Koeman is becoming right now, and we deserve and should demand better.

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

They both chose to come to the club, Lukaku was the best forward we have had at the club in decades, he scored 20+ goals a season for us and left us with a very healthy profit. I don't care if players fall in love with the club, it would be great if they did, but what I really care about is if they perform and Lukaku did.

Koeman performed for us last year and got us into Europe and in my opinion has got us some very good players. This is a tough time and I believe we will get through it and come out stronger. I will give him more time, till Christmas. I will criticize and question but I will also support, I will not turn it into a  hate campaign.

Oh and by the way who the fuck are you to judge a persons genuine affinity for the club?

I'm a fan of 34 years.... I make that a significant amount of time enough to both identify those who do and dont get the club.

Why? Who are you to question my right to be irritated by those who aren't invested into the traditions of our club?

8 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Keans and Siggy are not shit, and the market is what the market is, no matter how obscene.

Funny how the defence was much better without Keane, and other that a hit and hope wonder in the Europa I'm yet to see Sigurdssen do anything of note. Don't know if he's unfit or just not very good. Just seems to watch the game go back. 

Was at work so missed the game...always click on here to catch up on the 'report' as soon as I jump on the train.

Not much reporting mind.....

45 minutes of reading...not a lot.

A few of you are going to give yourselves high blood pressure if you keep this up!!!

Buzzing for Niasse though. Fair play to the bloke.

8 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I'd suggest it is because Koeman has tinkered with the formation over and over again and players don't know if they are going to be starting on the left of a back 3 or as right back or as a traditional centre back.

I also think Keane and Williams are both too similar. You generally want a defender who will attack the ball and a defender who will sweep up. For me both of them are aggressive defenders who win challenges. Keane will play a lot better alongside Jagielka who will let him go and challenge for the ball whilst he plays it out from the back.

I don't understand how Keane being shite has anything to do with anyone other than himself. He's not a fighter. United were crying out for a centre half and he was scared to go back there. Not confident in his own ability and it shows. 

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

I think it's too early for our new players to settle in. Koeman didn't had the best start last year either. I remember many started shouting for his head at this time around, but things changed  after we've won against Arsenal in December and ran over City a few matches later. I truly expect things will change dramatically in couple of months.

Last season won four and drew one of the first five games, but that was fundamentally Martinez team, then he started the Koeman haven't got a clue what I'm doing shit and we went on one of the worst runs I've witnessed, and unfortunately still on it.

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Last season won four and drew one of the first five games, but that was fundamentally Martinez team, then he started the Koeman haven't got a clue what I'm doing shit and we went on one of the worst runs I've witnessed, and unfortunately still on it.

I know your dislike for Koeman going back to day one, I remember your posts from winter, but even you have to see that this makes no sense.

You guys who have taken a real dislike to him really do write some far out stuff. Fair enough, dislike him for factual reasons around performances, selections, results...but at least try to keep it real. That way your thoughts and opinions carry more weight.

37 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

If you remember, there was a huge point gap between the top teams and the rest last season. We hovered around in the middle of that gap. I really wouldn't say that Koeman performed last season. We had a terrible start, recovered in the new year, and fizzled at the end. There was no consistency and no obvious plan. Yes, we got into Europe but were just hammered by Atalanta, a team we should beat. Compare this with Martinez's first season: We finished higher in the league and went on to win our group in Europe. But how did that work out after a better start than Koeman's had?

Sorry, but I've never been convinced by Koeman. His peer on the pitch, I think, is Klaassen. He gets in the right position, does some things right, but just isn't cut out for the Premier League: too slow, no aggression, just "doing a job." To succeed, you need passion - obvious passion - and a clear strategy and plan. On the field, Davies and Niasse showed that today. Now we need a manager with that same attitude and sense of belief.

The key statement from Koeman this week was his response to Mourinho's comment that Everton should be pushing for the top four. Koeman should have agreed with him! What a segue into revealing your commitment to success. But no. Koeman is happy with being mid-table. His aim is not to be better than last year but to be no worse. That is a very telling attitude.

Remember Salieri in the movie 'Amadeus'? "I'm the champion of mediocrities, their patron saint." That's what Koeman is becoming right now, and we deserve and should demand better.

Koeman inherited Martinez's shambles a defense that was not worthy of the name, a midfield that was slow and ponderous and had the creativity driven out of it by his insistance of "Tiki Taki" football. Even Pep, Fergy or Kendall would not be able to turn us into a top 4 side in 1 transfer window.

Martinez added his flair and a certain Mr Lukaku to a very solid Moyes defense and team that was consistently top 7, which resulted in the amazing season we had.

I appreciate your opinion and yes I am disappointed in the start and Koemans selections and rotation has me cursing at the screen, but I believe we will get through this. We have lost our top striker and not replaced him, that's not Koemans fault. It will take time to adjust to a new way to play and for several players to adapt to the league. 

Claiming we could beat Chelsea, City, Spurs, Utd, or Pool to the top 4 this season is madness, it would take 2 of them to have major blips for that to be realistic. 

Yes  I remember the Salieri quote, but I prefer Shakespeare's quote "Nothing will come of nothing", we have to see this out. If by Christmas we have not improved significantly then yes time to look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Funny how the defence was much better without Keane, and other that a hit and hope wonder in the Europa I'm yet to see Sigurdssen do anything of note. Don't know if he's unfit or just not very good. Just seems to watch the game go back. 

The defence looked better because we were not playing a top 4 team- nothing more nothing less.

Any excuse to get a dig in at players who have played a handful of games in Pete.

11 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I know your dislike for Koeman going back to day one, I remember your posts from winter, but even you have to see that this makes no sense.

You guys who have taken a real dislike to him really do write some far out stuff. Fair enough, dislike him for factual reasons around performances, selections, results...but at least try to keep it real. That way your thoughts and opinions carry more weight.

Excepted Newty, the voice of reason does make sense, just that I struggle to keep my emotions in when I see us play how Koeman's got us playing, I do dislike him as a manager more because he suffers from bad judgment about individuals and how to pick a team to do a job, we see the same mistakes from him week in week out, and it's embarrassing and hurts.

21 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I wanted him in. Was delighted to get him.... his approach, tactics, style, and yes results have made me change 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Excepted Newty, the voice of reason does make sense, just that I struggle to keep my emotions in when I see us play how Koeman's got us playing, I do dislike him as a manager more because he suffers from bad judgment about individuals and how to pick a team to do a job, we see the same mistakes from him week in week out, and it's embarrassing and hurts.

Yeah, I understand the frustration. Totally.

I have no doubt that if he doesn't do the job, he'll lose it. I don't think we are the same club that will pussy foot around and accept mid table like we did a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I wanted him in. Was delighted to get him.... his approach, tactics, style, and yes results have made me change 

You don't say!!!

You remind me of a very good mate of mine. Once he gets a bee in his bonnet about something, he can't let go and he'll mention it at every opportunity. Any opportunity to have a dig, he takes it. Sly comparisons, he's on it. 

Fuckin real good bloke though! Proper good bloke.

Obviously don't know you in person, so don't know if you're like him or just bloody mental.

36 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Judge, jury and internet executioner eh. 

If I see someone at Everton who I believe is using us as some stop gap/stepping stone/ payday and is wearing the badge without investing themselves into the club then I will get annoyed.

You have a problem with me getting pissed off at people happy to coin off the club without respecting It?  Tough. Who are you to police me and my opinions? 

28 minutes ago, Paddock said:

The defence looked better because we were not playing a top 4 team- nothing more nothing less.

Any excuse to get a dig in at players who have played a handful of games in Pete.

Any excuse? They're meant to be professional footballers. They are keeping played out the team without having any right to do so. Fact is they cost a fortune and we already had better here. What the duck is the manager and recruitment up to. 

9 minutes ago, yamar said:

Three best players today were Davies and Kenny.. Unsworth material, and niasse..  Martinez material... £150mil spent this year. This scares me.

I was thinking similar. Niasse mentioned he and Tom had played in the u23s together. Full credit to that set up, as this £6m a year chump hasn't got them playing that way. 

1 minute ago, yamar said:

Three best players today were Davies and Kenny.. Unsworth material, and niasse..  Martinez material... £150mil spent this year. This scares me.

That's the true facts, nobody he's bought so far have shown the goods, but that's not to say they haven't got them because we've seen them when playing for other teams.

He needs to get the balance and tactics right very soon, or risk losing the players respect.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

That's the true facts, nobody he's bought so far have shown the goods, but that's not to say they haven't got them because we've seen them when playing for other teams.

He needs to get the balance and tactics right very soon, or risk losing the players respect.

Watching them for us makes me doubt they have. Looks to me that they've moneyballed it, which doesn't work in football. 

22 minutes ago, hafnia said:

If I see someone at Everton who I believe is using us as some stop gap/stepping stone/ payday and is wearing the badge without investing themselves into the club then I will get annoyed.

You have a problem with me getting pissed off at people happy to coin off the club without respecting It?  Tough. Who are you to police me and my opinions? 

Haf, I have no problem with you getting annoyed at people, and as I am not a mod (And I thank God that I'm not) I don't police anyone's opinions. I think everyone should be able to express themselves.

I just think to show the rage you do to a manager that is doing his best for the club is odd, especially so early in the season.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I didn't realize 13 points gets you 7th in the league. Unreal.