IGNORED

Bournemouth (Home) Saturday September 23rd

markjazzbassist

I feel more confused 90 minutes later. I want Koeman gone even more than before this game and we won. Didn't think I'd be saying that.

Still no identity. Ripped through us so easily and if defoe doesn't miss that sitter, we're talking about a defeat.

Talk about saving your arse by the skin of your teeth. Terrible team selection, inspired substitutions...

Who'd have thunk it, we have a goalscorer on our books after all!! Take a bow Oumar Niasse, what a story!

Koeman simply has to realise he cannot play Gana & Schneiderlin, and then Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaasen, all in the same XI. It just doesn't make any fucking sense, and you really worry about the tactical nous of a highly paid manager who has now tried it so many times. Time for plan B Ron, or on your bike.

I still think it's the players as much as it's koeman/lack of cohesion ( due to signings ) 

today we showed some fight, and we're going to need that for the next month atleast to grind out results but we need to get behind the 11 out on field - regardless of who we think should be out there.

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

On match day we absolutely do that. You see the fans chanting Niasse's name whilst fan favourite players are those who put a shift in like Tom Davies.

I absolutely understand that, goodison support is remarkable. But it's not going to be easy sailing for the next period, we are adapting to this new team/players. The players definitely responded to the crowd today 

I think it's too early for our new players to settle in. Koeman didn't had the best start last year either. I remember many started shouting for his head at this time around, but things changed  after we've won against Arsenal in December and ran over City a few matches later. I truly expect things will change dramatically in couple of months.

Please stop with all this "hopefully they kick on from here" there was nothing shown in the match today to tell me there has been or will be any significant change going forward.

We are still slow, teams can walk through us and if that was a top four side today, it would have been 3 or four... Not just one.

He hasn't got a clue and is bleeding his reputation dry to keep himself in a job.

Every credit for giving him a go and giving him his due praise 

"Calm after the game, yes. There were a lot of emotions. It was a difficult game, we did not create many chances and we took the right decision after 1-0 down to try something different - play two strikers and go more direct.

"More credit to the players - Niasse and Davies. They did a good job after a difficult time. The boys showed great character.

"He [Oumar Niasse] is bringing more aggression. We needed in the second half to have another striker close to Dominic to press a bit better than we did before. All the credit to Oumar Niasse, that is all about life. If you get your chance you need to take it. He took it on Wednesday and again today.

"It is a totally different world after winning. You have key moments during the season and this was a big win that will give everyone a boost."

Poor performance but good subs by Koeman. He HAS to start Davies at this point.

Koeman has a lot of work to do, and hopefully he recognizes this and addresses the issues.

Happy to see Niasse on the score sheet. His game is unnatural, but he knows where the net is, and that's all you can ask for of a striker. Fair play to him.

Confidence will grow with each win, and even though it wasn't pretty it will provide a much needed boost. We have 2 wins in a row now -- continuing the winning streak is not unlikely given our current run of fixtures. COYB.

57 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Unless you can explain to me that Walsh is responsible for falling out with players, playing shite tactics and picking shit formations then I'll judge him on his player acquisitions which has been good.

We have a shit manager. 

Buying shite like Keane and Sigurdssen for £70m. 

50 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Not saying it has any impact on our performance, but Atkinson is a twat.

Oumar!

He's a disgrace. How he is allowed to referee a beyond comprehension. See the money on tbf Derby followed by a dodgy red that no other ref in league would have gave. 

Today the consistency between the decisions if their fouls to ours was ludicrous. Yellow for us, similar foul and he'd just about give us a free kick.