IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t know how anyone can say we definitely won’t get relegated. More experienced managers have taken a side down. 

You cant just dismiss that fear like it’s irrelevant. 

Palace have Roy Hodgson and worse players, West Ham have worse players and moyes who just relegated a team, Swansea have been on the brink of relegation for the last couple years, no gylfi no good players, Bournemouth I like but they can’t defend to save their lives and Howe looks like late era Martinez having been found out, west brom pulis enough said they are playing for a draw every match.

We have way superior players.  Just add decent coaching (not asking for a lot) and some actual passion and we’re off to the races.

No one can guaranteee we won’t go down, just as they can’t guarantee we won’t finish top six. It’s ridiculous to say it.

what we can give is an opinion on the state of our team and how we think we will do. And I believe we are to good to go down. 

Yes we have all watched other teams believe and still go down, just as we have witnessed caretaker managers come into teams and improve them no end. At the moment it isn’t a question of Unsworth being good enough, but is he bad enough to drag us down?

With the amount of money splashed on under performing players the last thing Everton now need is an under performing manager. Go for broke I say. Buy the best we can get. A bad jockey can ruin a good horse while a good jockey will get the most out of a bad horse. No need to take chances with a cheapie now. That will be penny wise and pound foolish.

On 15/11/2017 at 15:45, Romey 1878 said:

If Unsworth is hired until the end of the season could he attract the quality we need in January? We need a proper quality striker brought in in January, not just a can do a job lad or promoting Byrne or whoever from the U23s. Could Unsworth do it? Would a quality striker want to sign for someone who probably wouldn't be the manager past that summer? I'm not so sure.

I tell you what; players that sign with EFC because of the manager and not the club can piss off. In a perfect world it could, of course, be both.

Trying to buy succes is short-term related (which we already have seen) and can last shorter than a beer at the Oktoberfest. Building up is not and I think we here on TT should back up Unsworth for, in my view, obvious reasons.

12 minutes ago, Sev said:

I tell you what; players that sign with EFC because of the manager and not the club can piss off. In a perfect world it could, of course, be both.

Trying to buy succes is short-term related (which we already have seen) and can last shorter than a beer at the Oktoberfest. Building up is not and I think we here on TT should back up Unsworth for, in my view, obvious reasons.

I've said it loads of times that I like Unsworth, I think he's got great potential, but we don't make the decisions and we can't see the future.

It's a huge gamble to hire him, to give him a transfer window that we simply must get right, to hope his inexperience doesn't blow up in our faces.

I hope that he if he is given the job that everything works out, that those worrying had nothing to worry about, but lets not pretend that doesn't have the very real possibility of being another clusterfuck. 

It's a huge gamble to hire anybody, all top notch managers got where they are by having endless amounts of money to spend on all the best players in the world.

Mourinho wouldn't get our team into the top six at the moment,  we are a team that should reach seventh but no higher.  It will take a lot of years and a lot of money building a top class squad to achieve anything  more.

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's a huge gamble to hire anybody, all top notch managers got where they are by having endless amounts of money to spend on all the best players in the world.

Mourinho wouldn't get our team into the top six at the moment,  we are a team that should reach seventh but no higher.  It will take a lot of years and a lot of money building a top class squad to achieve anything  more.

Of course it is but it’s an even bigger gamble to hire someone like Unsworth when we’re already floating on shit creek. 

55 minutes ago, Bill said:

Until we get somebody in you'll have to put up with him Mark.  If he can't get the players to show a bit of passion who can.?

"put up with him" like I'm saying he's a piece of shit that should be nowhere the club! All I'm saying is that we should be wary about just handing it to him like nothing could go wrong. It's not risk-free like is being heavily portrayed.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

"put up with him" like I'm saying he's a piece of shit that should be nowhere the club! All I'm saying is that we should be wary about just handing it to him like nothing could go wrong. It's not risk-free like is being heavily portrayed.

Is anyone saying it's risk free? If Unai Emery got sacked tomorrow and said he wanted to manage in the Premier League I'd be the first to say I wanted Unsworth back with the U23s. But no one of any kind of calibre is standing up for it. I don't want an Ancellotti who will manage us for 13 months and fuck off, I want someone who will come in and build this club back into one of Europe's best. I have no idea who that is, so I reckon Unsworth is as good a stop gap as we'll get while we look. And who knows, he might just surprise everyone. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I believe in real life, and not some warm and fuzzy feeling where you think everything's cushy. And in real life we've looked fucking shite.

It’s not a warm fuzzy feeling, it’s confidence and experience. We have looked shite, but we’ve improved since Koeman left and we will continue to do so

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Is anyone saying it's risk free? If Unai Emery got sacked tomorrow and said he wanted to manage in the Premier League I'd be the first to say I wanted Unsworth back with the U23s. But no one of any kind of calibre is standing up for it. I don't want an Ancellotti who will manage us for 13 months and fuck off, I want someone who will come in and build this club back into one of Europe's best. I have no idea who that is, so I reckon Unsworth is as good a stop gap as we'll get while we look. And who knows, he might just surprise everyone. 

People saying we won’t get relegated so we should give Unsworth the job does sound like people think it’s risk-free yeah. 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s not a warm fuzzy feeling, it’s confidence and experience. We have looked shite, but we’ve improved since Koeman left and we will continue to do so

Going from complete shite to a little bit less shite hardly inspires confidence. 

No ones listening to what I’m actually saying anyway so I give up. Can’t be arsed saying the same thing again. 

Palace have Roy Hodgson and worse players, West Ham have worse players and moyes who just relegated a team, Swansea have been on the brink of relegation for the last couple years, no gylfi no good players, Bournemouth I like but they can’t defend to save their lives and Howe looks like late era Martinez having been found out, west brom pulis enough said they are playing for a draw every match.

We have way superior players.  Just add decent coaching (not asking for a lot) and some actual passion and we’re off to the races.

They all have a CF who can score the goals to keep them up , we dont

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Anything like this is a gamble- if you were betting on a horse race would you put it on a 4/5 shot or a 33/1 shot? 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

You're sadly right. All know by now that it's all about money. That goes for the clubs, players, TV-stations, companies etc.. and yes, even some of us, right. It's more busines than football, and I don't like that. It has become too much. Any, more or less, can get instant success by spending money. And I don't find that interesting.

By the way. Mourinho would destroy a club like ours. He doesn't develop, he uses

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Going from complete shite to a little bit less shite hardly inspires confidence. 

No ones listening to what I’m actually saying anyway so I give up. Can’t be arsed saying the same thing again. 

No, but knowing the squad and that we’ve been in worse predictaments before and turned it around does. I’m not dismissing the fear of relegation as irrelevant, I’m choosing to be positive  

It might be too much for Unsworth, we’ll have to wait and see. But As you said, more experienced managers have taken teams down, so what to do?

It could go horribly wrong for Unsworth - and yes, Romey I do get what you're saying. But I don't see a better option at the moment. I think there is less chance of us getting relegated under Unsworth than under Koeman, because I think it is obvious Koeman, and I imagine Walsh and the board with him, made a lot of bad mistakes in past 12 months which sucked the confidence of everyone around him and weakened us considerably on the pitch. The risk with Unsworth is that he isn't experienced enough to dig us out the shit other people have created. But what I believe he'll do is get us fighting, which is a quality we'd completely lost under Koeman. 

But to repeat my point again - what are the options? Silva or Dyche? Silva is still unproven Imo, he's hardly done enough to earn the Pochettino comparisons. And I think Dyche would struggle with our current squad, they're nothing like the sort of players he's done well with at Burnley.