IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

We're looking to move house. We bought this place when we had kids, but now they've mostly left the roost. The needs of adults are different from the needs of kids - the first lesson I've learned from this thread.

Right now is the quiet season for house purchases: Most sellers wait until March or April to list their homes, because prospective buyers prefer to move during the summer months when their kids are on summer break. Still, a few homes are available where we are looking, homes that have been on the market for a while since they can't seem to sell or homes that owners must sell in a hurry because of financial worries. We could buy one of these, but much better homes where we're looking will start to appear when buying season picks up again.

Of course, I could just reach out to home-owners not looking to sell. I'd have to really pay through the nose to buy their house from them, but you never know: they may be willing, reluctantly, to follow the almighty dollar (pound). For some, it's all about being upwardly mobile and making a quick buck.

I was resolved to wait until the spring. Based on this thread, though, it seems it's better to always be in a rush, even though it's mostly unwanted homes available in the market right now. It's stupid to wait, apparently, so I'm going to jump onto Zillow. Will be back later. (I really hope I can learn to like some of these rather dreadful home options...)

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Still think we should go for Rafa he's bound to have made sure he had a get out clause in his contract, and with all the uncertainty at Newcastle we might tempt him.

I agree with this but wait till the summer leave unsey there till then, owners stop putting the club in panic we look like the ugly bloke going round the dance hall asking all the girls to dance but getting knocked back, its embarrassing, our club should do its business with more decorum then maybe we will attract the right person to manage this great club.

Next Permanent Everton Manager
4/5
Marco Silva
5/2
David Unsworth
7/2
Ralf Rangnick
7/1
Louis Van Gaal
9/1
Sean Dyche
16/1
Sam Allardyce
25/1
Guus Hiddink
25/1
Manuel Pellegrini
25/1
Martin O'Neill
25/1
Tony Pulis
33/1
Eddie Howe
33/1
Mikel Arteta
33/1
Paulo Fonseca
33/1
Thomas Tuchel
40/1

1 minute ago, Bill said:
Next Permanent Everton Manager
4/5
Marco Silva
5/2
David Unsworth
7/2
Ralf Rangnick
7/1
Louis Van Gaal
9/1
Sean Dyche
16/1
Sam Allardyce
25/1
Guus Hiddink
25/1
Manuel Pellegrini
25/1
Martin O'Neill
25/1
Tony Pulis
33/1
Eddie Howe
33/1
Mikel Arteta
33/1
Paulo Fonseca
33/1
Thomas Tuchel
40/1

Do we pay a pound a square, Bill?

50 minutes ago, Swarzy said:

Ralf Rangnick is now second favourite behind Silva. He has gone from 28/1 to 11/4 today. Haven't seen or heard much about him before today. There must something happening for a swing like that.

He was strongly linked and maybe even spoken to when we hired Martinez. I like the sound of him recruitment wise but don’t know much about him tactically.

29 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I'll take 40/1...I like the mystery of it.

That’s me, I initially asked not to be named but mentioned it to my school and they said they’d inform me if any official approaches were made... I could have strengthened my chances further had my Y6 boys team not been beaten in the final of the county finals (at St George’s) earlier.

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

That’s me, I initially asked not to be named but mentioned it to my school and they said they’d inform me if any official approaches were made... I could have strengthened my chances further had my Y6 boys team not been beaten in the final of the county finals (at St George’s) earlier.

Ah. I'm keeping my pound on that then.

Up the Y6 boys! (Are you allowed to say that?!!!)

I don't want any of those mentioned managers. Id rather keep Unsy until the end of the season than pursue that lot.  Maybe Rangnick (just because he has connections at RB Leipzig and might increase our next to none chances with Forsberg) or Pellegrini but thats about it. 

We need a real football brain, two defenders and a proper striker to turn this around. 

Id like to see Vincenzo Montella as our next manager.

4 hours ago, Peter H said:

I don't want any of those mentioned managers. Id rather keep Unsy until the end of the season than pursue that lot.  Maybe Rangnick (just because he has connections at RB Leipzig and might increase our next to none chances with Forsberg) or Pellegrini but thats about it. 

We need a real football brain, two defenders and a proper striker to turn this around. 

Id like to see Vincenzo Montella as our next manager.

Not a bad shout. I'll be honest, while Italy is not currently the greatest exporter of football talent nor is Serie A the best league (Definitely behind PL, La Liga, Bundesliga), Italy's greatest export is its football managers. Everything I read leads me to believe that Italy plays a much more detailed and tactical game, and that its managers go into great detail in planning for their opponents, developing a system, and giving each of their eleven players instructions. Much different than England, which until recently, was probably the least tactically focused major footballing nation.

38 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Serie A the best league (Definitely behind PL, La Liga, Bundesliga),

Very debatable. Atalanta are 12th in serie a and spanked us. I doubt any of the teams in the bottom half of the other leagues would have demolished us so bad. 

Using the values in transfermarkt, and using £200m as a bench mark for teams filled with top talent La Liga is behind serie a. 

Prem = 9

Serie A = 5

La Liga = 4

Bundesliga = 3

Ligue 1 = 2

We now look like a risk to any decent managers C.V. There is definitely a realistic chance of a long-drawn-out relegation battle, based on the performances this season. Whoever comes in will be a brave man and will have to be handsomely paid to put their reputation on the line.

3 minutes ago, Swarzy said:

We now look like a risk to any decent managers C.V. There is definitely a realistic chance of a long-drawn-out relegation battle, based on the performances this season. Whoever comes in will be a brave man and will have to be handsomely paid to put their reputation on the line.

There will be significant money to spend, plus the clubs history and the potential new stadium mean we will attract good candidates. 

A lot of lessons being learnt at the club just now, we hope.

Just get the right man. Crazy as it sounds, don't panic. Make a calculated appointment for the right reasons.

But get a bloody shift on with it. People at the club should be working 24/7 on this now.

(Personally, I'm feeling relieved not to have any preferred names in mind. Looking forward to judging the new guy from an open mind!)

37 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Spend on who though?

There have to be players we have lined up in January. That's Walsh's job supposedly. We failed towards the end of the transfer market in our pursuits for two positions and we must have been working on something. I have no idea what players we could attract or who is available but if my full time job was scouting and recruiting players a la Walsh, I would have a list as long as your arm. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Spend on who though?

Walsh is supposed to have some decent French network (resulting in the likes of Essien, Drogba, Kante, Mahrez etc. etc.) so here's hoping. Hopefully he does more than a trip to Milan though like last time.

Would take the players they were banging on about then like Zapata, Murillo and Lamina with both hands right now.

Fat Sam don't sound to bad now dose it? We should have took him till the end of the season to steady the ship like I've said before. It makes me sick even thinking about needing Sam Allardyce to manage Everton. Fact is though we are in a really bad way and if people think getting a Silva or some other fancy name in now to play some nice looking football is going to help us its not happening! We just haven't got the players to play nice football to get us out of it! Basics that's what we need until the end of the season. We can look for someone more adventurous in the summer an rebuild this shit fuck team with a pre season behind us and hopefully some decent players! Oh and sack Steve Walsh tomorrow!