IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

Villas-Boas is being mentioned on twitter... he’s come out and said his mind’s made up where his future lies after Sunday’s season finale in China. Probably people seeing this comment and 2+2=5 but as likely as any I suppose (and a lot easier to digest rather than O’Neill/Keane combo!)

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s an attractive option for a manager.

Come to a team that has a squad of players that should be top 8, but are performing like a relegation team. All you need to do is get them motivated again and the points should come.

It shouldn’t be a hard job, and I would be surprised if any manager would turn down the opportunity.

It really, really isn't a top 8 squad. Forget reputations, transfer fees, salaries - just watch us play. And it has become a very hard job. How to turn around a massive fuck up with an overrated, dispirited squad with major holes in key positions

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Villas-Boas is being mentioned on twitter... he’s come out and said his mind’s made up where his future lies after Sunday’s season finale in China. Probably people seeing this comment and 2+2=5 but as likely as any I suppose (and a lot easier to digest rather than O’Neill/Keane combo!)

Villas-Boas article... https://www.google.co.uk/amp/worldsoccertalk.com/2017/11/24/villas-boas-future-in-doubt-ahead-of-china-fa-cup-final/amp/

6 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

The squad is fucked. Some of these new signings are on £100k a week compared to the regulars like Coleman who earn less than half of that. We have a big problem with pay disparity now, unlike Spurs who have a strict wage structure and players all earning very similar wages.

We don't need "top" players who are Prima Donnas who demand top top wages. We need to nip this in the bud now. We need players that command wages around £60-70k and can boost the overall quality of the squad.

if this is the true state of affairs then I agree totally

Martin O'Neil firm favourite with the bookies now I think we will hear something  just before tomorrow's game, my mate played under him at Wycombe wanderers reckons he's a good coach and the lads loved him mind you that was years ago, anyway rather him than fat Sam.

Watching soccer Saturday I know it's just opinions but the pundits rate Rafa one of the top managers around as do I, wonder if he was ever contacted or even considered, if not get on with it Moshiri cause some of the names being bandied about are scary.

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Watching soccer Saturday I know it's just opinions but the pundits rate Rafa one of the top managers around as do I, wonder if he was ever contacted or even considered, if not get on with it Moshiri cause some of the names being bandied about are scary.

There have been a few of us rooting for Rafa on here since RK was sacked.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Reminds me very much of Man City under Hughes, signing mediocre players for massive sums and putting them on big wages. Took them a few seasons to recover fully from that

Been thinking this too for a few weeks.

It's an a very similiar scenario. Remember Robinho was that big break signing, didn't last long.

59 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I hope its Silva.

The same people who hope it's Silva are the same people who hated Martinez. This is somewhat ammusig to me, as they are identical.... Silva took his tram to Stamford bridge and should have won by a mile with the chances they created... But what happened was he had an inept defense who conceeded in the last ten minutes and ended up losing two goal lead. They then go to goodison and do exactly the same. They are so alike BUT he looks the part, same as Martinez 'Bobby brown shoes'.... So Yerrrr let's get him.....makes me laugh all this.

5 minutes ago, yamar said:

The same people who hope it's Silva are the same people who hated Martinez. This is somewhat ammusig to me, as they are identical.... Silva took his tram to Stamford bridge and should have won by a mile with the chances they created... But what happened was he had an inept defense who conceeded in the last ten minutes and ended up losing two goal lead. They then go to goodison and do exactly the same. They are so alike BUT he looks the part, same as Martinez 'Bobby brown shoes'.... So Yerrrr let's get him.....makes me laugh all this.

I am so surprised that you are harking back to Martinez, you hardly ever mention him......:rolleyes:

Martinez dragged Wigan down since he took over, Silva has improved Watford, they were 17th last season and now they are 8th and have been consistently top half all season.

If we get him he will be a success here, you can vault me on it. 

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I am so surprised that you are harking back to Martinez, you hardly ever mention him......:rolleyes:

Martinez dragged Wigan down since he took over, Silva has improved Watford, they were 17th last season and now they are 8th and have been consistently top half all season.

If we get him he will be a success here, you can vault me on it. 

And he took hull down.

28 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Hull were doomed from the moment the owner ran off, they sold their best players and they went on a loosing streak. I think someone said they won 2  before Silva and 8 after he joined them, and played much better football. 

He had enough points left to save them. Poor excuse. The same excuse you could use for saying Martinez won silverware with Wigan and kept them in the top flight for much longer than anyone expected.