IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

If it's Silva does that mean we will be buying Cleverley back because Silva considers him to be an integral part of his team, thought that might put a different slant on it seen as most in the past slagged Cleverley off relentlessly yet the manager you want to take over rates him highly, who's right and who's wrong, if the Cleverley distracters think there right then Silva must be wrong. Food for thought.

Good point Palfy 

Personally I think it's a case of he fits his system well and the players around him will compliment him more than when he was here 

It's not like he was an awful player he had it in him but it didn't really work out for him here, it's nothing new we see the same happen countless times with other players switching clubs and stepping it up 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

If it's Silva does that mean we will be buying Cleverley back because Silva considers him to be an integral part of his team, thought that might put a different slant on it seen as most in the past slagged Cleverley off relentlessly yet the manager you want to take over rates him highly, who's right and who's wrong, if the Cleverley distracters think there right then Silva must be wrong. Food for thought.

Silva's wrong. It's a travesty Cleverley has England caps to his name. Look up 'bang average' in the dictionary, it describes a former Man Utd youth player promoted beyond his ability because Sir Alexander's gave him a few games. 

Underneath it lists a long line of similar players who have ended up wearing the Royal blue of Everton... 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Or he's just a good coach who makes the most of the resources available to him.

Will we buy the whole of the Watford 11? Because I'm sure Silva see's each one of them as an integral part of the team within their position and role.

49 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Silva now 4/7 on to be our next manager.

I've got a feeling he would be Koeman mark 2, in that we're picking up an "up and coming" manager, instead of actually showing some intent and getting a proven winner in. Least frustrating candidate we've been linked with though.

5 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Or he's just a good coach who makes the most of the resources available to him.

Will we buy the whole of the Watford 11? Because I'm sure Silva see's each one of them as an integral part of the team within their position and role.

To be fair that is a good point is he a better coach than Martinez or Koeman in the fact he has made Cleverley look like a half decent player  like he was at United, or did they back down to the boo boys who were giving Cleverley a hard time so we ended selling a pretty decent player for about 8M and buying some not so good players for 25M plus.

Well who ever comes in next I hope he has a strong personality and isn't weak as Martinez was when it comes to the boo boys showing there dislike of players and tactics, because that has cost us dearly imo if he was still here today we'd be flying.

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

To be fair that is a good point is he a better coach than Martinez or Koeman in the fact he has made Cleverley look like a half decent player  like he was at United, or did they back down to the boo boys who were giving Cleverley a hard time so we ended selling a pretty decent player for about 8M and buying some not so good players for 25M plus.

Well who ever comes in next I hope he has a strong personality and isn't weak as Martinez was when it comes to the boo boys showing there dislike of players and tactics, because that has cost us dearly imo if he was still here today we'd be flying.

cleverly was great for the first part of his everton career... he was shuffled around after getting injured. . 

18 minutes ago, hafnia said:

cleverly was great for the first part of his everton career... he was shuffled around after getting injured. . 

Watched him the weekend always looking for the ball good in possession good delivery, everything we are looking for at the moment, we have got it in the squad on paper we've got the players we just need the right person to give them back there believe, hopefully it's very soon.

On Sky Sports 'The Debate, they're saying Silva should stay at Watford as if he does ok there, with the football they are playing, he'll get a bigger job than Everton.

I don't know much about Silva. And to be honest I've not delved too much into this new manager malarkey this time (due to my last 2 choices going wrong...I've sussed out it really isn't an area of talent for me!!!), but the way he is spoken about in football circles...well, you only really hear good stuff.

Catch 22 for him though. If he moves, he's a mercenary. If he stays, it's opportunity knocked. Maybe.