IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

If there aren't then we're fucked.

Maybe. But January is never a great time to buy top quality. The only reason to sell really good players in January is if they're out of contract in the summer and don't want to sign again. 

I do agree with you and have said it myself that Allardyce would have been an option till the end of season, what I find alarming is we all know he's a greedy pig, yet they still couldn't convince him to take the job with all the money at their disposal, how poor is that from a negotiating point of view the greedy gits out of work and they still couldn't get him, I hate to say it but that tells me Moshiri maybe a rich man but he's not a football man.

If reports are to be believed money wasn’t the issue . Supposedly we only wanted him until the end of the season whereas he wanted 3 year deal

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If Unsworth is hired until the end of the season could he attract the quality we need in January? We need a proper quality striker brought in in January, not just a can do a job lad or promoting Byrne or whoever from the U23s. Could Unsworth do it? Would a quality striker want to sign for someone who probably wouldn't be the manager past that summer? I'm not so sure.

I read at the weekend the average term for. PL manager is 13 months, so I'm not so sure that's a valid point, yes you would want to sign for a team with a manager you will get on with, but it's likely to change in the near future again.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Alllerdyce publicly rules himself out of the Everton job live on talk sport.

post proof of payment Brett. 

Until we hire another manager, he still has every chance.

I've no doubt that Unsworth is being kept in the loop on what we are doing.

Cue the 'But he said in an interview with the press that he has no clue'

Yes. Because he's not going to sit there and lay bare everything he knows. He's more than that level.

To be honest, I'm calm on it all. Although massively curious. The longer it goes on, the more I think we are going for someone at a club, which will be really tough to negotiate at this time of the season. 

There's no point getting hyped over something you can't control.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If Unsworth is hired until the end of the season could he attract the quality we need in January? We need a proper quality striker brought in in January, not just a can do a job lad or promoting Byrne or whoever from the U23s. Could Unsworth do it? Would a quality striker want to sign for someone who probably wouldn't be the manager past that summer? I'm not so sure.

Money talks and we seem to enjoy throwing it around at the moment. I don' see a decent striker wanting to sign for someone like Dyche either tbh nor Fat Sam given how they play. 

59 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Paddock your pockets are empty the amount of times you get stuff wrong. 

Unsworth needs to go back to the 23s. Never a premiership manager.  Needs experience as a number two before he can be taken seriously. 

Really? I never see you put your money where your mouth is- nor get much right. 

Taking our time over an appointment is all very well but we could take our time after making it clear we're going to have a caretaker in charge for X amount of time. It's all rumour I know but it stinks of Mr Cock Up, just like the failure to bring a striker in. 

We've got a massive game on Saturday. Just think what Hodgson will be telling his players (after he's done the welease wodger speech again) - these are in a mess lads, they don't know who's in charge, there's ill-discipline in training, this is our big chance. If they turn us over, everyone throws their hands up saying Unsworth can't be left on charge and it's panic stations again. 

I fully expected an announcement this international break. The silence from the club makes me very, very nervous. 

47 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I was responding to the same comments about Unsworth?

Right I see that now the way things are panning out we'd be lucky if we could get Andy Carroll to sign, what a mess we've managed to get into the joys of being an Evertonian never a dull moment.

18 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Depends who's really in charge of the recruitment. If Walsh and the board are saying "listen, this is the manager(s) we're aiming for long term...", that might be enough to sell the idea to top strikers, plus there's always cash that can help tip the balance.

Also, whilst Unsworth doesn't have the reputation, he has the passion and drive to sell the club too. Charisma could be a big factor in negotiations with players, and he has that in abundance.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Depends who's really in charge of the recruitment. If Walsh and the board are saying "listen, this is the manager(s) we're aiming for long term...", that might be enough to sell the idea to top strikers, plus there's always cash that can help tip the balance.

Also, whilst Unsworth doesn't have the reputation, he has the passion and drive to sell the club too. Charisma could be a big factor in negotiations with players, and he has that in abundance.

We'll see.

Personally, I feel hiring Unsworth at this moment in time would prove to be a big mistake and we, and him, would live to regret it.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We'll see.

Personally, I feel hiring Unsworth at this moment in time would prove to be a big mistake and we, and him, would live to regret it.

I've slept well for a change, so I'm back to being my overly-optimistic self :P

I'm still torn on him too. I desperately want him to prove us all wrong, but at the same time I want a proven winner like Anchelotti. However, most importantly, I want someone who can motivate the squad and get them playing (because there is quality there), and I think he could do that. I won't be upset if he does get it basically.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've slept well for a change, so I'm back to being my overly-optimistic self :P

I'm still torn on him too. I desperately want him to prove us all wrong, but at the same time I want a proven winner like Anchelotti. However, most importantly, I want someone who can motivate the squad and get them playing (because there is quality there), and I think he could do that. I won't be upset if he does get it basically.

I wouldn't be upset, but I would be worried. It'd be a big gamble.

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Don't think the manager is that important when it comes to recruitment. It's the overall project to gone them an excuse, when really for most of them it's all about the money. 

1. Money

2. Minutes

3. Trophies 

4. Prestige/area

5. Manager

i'm with you pete and like someone else pointed out most managers only last 13 months anyway so players would be foolish to tie their mast to that ship.