IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

I will repost the question in here as it’s moe relevant to this thread and don’t think Matt or Bill will see it in the match day thread

Honest question to Bill, Matt and anyone else who thinks relegation is inconceivable.
Given we have just been fortunate to get a point against the side who are bottom of the table, and who before today had only amassed a grand total of 4 points all season. If we are not in danger who is?

I can see it Dunc, at this moment we are 3 points away from 8th place.

The next three games are winnable and we will be fighting with Burnley for 7th place, I don't think that is unrealistic,  Anybody in the bottom half is in danger,  add West Brom, and Huddersfield to the present bottom three and they will be favourites.

Oh ye of little Faith Dunc, shame on you for not believing.

The next three games are winnable and we will be fighting with Burnley for 7th place, I don't think that is unrealistic,  Anybody in the bottom half is in danger,  add West Brom, and Huddersfield to the present bottom three and they will be favourites.

Burnley , Brighton and Leicester were all winnable games and we took 1 point
I really do admire your confidence and wish I could be so blasé about it

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

If you think we are good enough to warrant 8th you must be watching a different side- look how many  games we’ve conceded 2 or more this season- look at our goal difference- we are utterly shit. What on gods earth do you think is going to change to stop this Bill?

If Silva doesn’t materialise quickly and it looks like we have to wait, we are in trouble. I just don’t expect us to win any game right now. We concede at least two every game and lack any firepower. It’s a recipe for relegation. We’ve just picked up 4 lucky points which could have easily been zilch. I’d love Silva hope we get him

People think that if we get any Tom Dick or Harry, it will all be top six in 6 months, let me stress once again, there is never going to be a guarantee that whoever comes in will make any difference at all.

I will gladly give the job to the man who knows our Club, knows our players, and knows what the supporters are hoping for, no other man  meets those requirements more than David Unsworth, assisted by Joe Royle.

He deserves 6 months.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

People think that if we get any Tom Dick or Harry, it will all be top six in 6 months, let me stress once again, there is never going to be a guarantee that whoever comes in will make any difference at all.

I will gladly give the job to the man who knows our Club, knows our players, and knows what the supporters are hoping for, no other man  meets those requirements more than David Unsworth, assisted by Joe Royle.

He deserves 6 months.

Nobody has said once that we will get 6th in 6 months??? Alls anyone I have seen has said is that we need an experienced head to keep us up. I think most would be delighted with lower mid table right now.

He deserves 6 months.

I don’t think anyone on here is that daft to be honest.
To be fair to Unsworth,and I said it before Koeman got the bullet, I don’t think any manager could turn things around with this shower of shite
without bringing a proven striker in

I honestly don’t know who I want at this point, it’s going to be gamble whoever comes in

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Watford have rejected another approach for Silva according to SSN, 

I get the impression the board are panicking and don't know where else to turn. I really don't think Silva has proved himself enough for us to be going all out for him. 

Whoever it is, I hope they get a fair go at it before being judged.

They will inherit a good squad, overall, but with a couple of gaping holes. Namely at the back.

I'm starting to lean towards a new man coming in over Unsworth. Some new eyes that will see the players as they are and play with what they believe to be the best team for a run of games. Unsworth is falling into the same trap as Koeman, where changes are having to be made because 'it wasn't working'.

14 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Whoever it is, I hope they get a fair go at it before being judged.

They will inherit a good squad, overall, but with a couple of gaping holes. Namely at the back.

I'm starting to lean towards a new man coming in over Unsworth. Some new eyes that will see the players as they are and play with what they believe to be the best team for a run of games. Unsworth is falling into the same trap as Koeman, where changes are having to be made because 'it wasn't working'.

I feel like everyone is annoyed with him starting 2 DMs the last time out. I believe he sets up 4231 as his favourite formation though. He wants to play that way and probably sees Gana and Morgan our best 2 defenders. I'd imagine he wanted to frustrait Palace and counter when they're vulnerable but with the first goal conceded because of the actions on the players on the pitch, it all went to shit.

I don't think he sets up or has a similar mentality to RK at all. However I also now think it's best we bring in a new man. Maybe even Dyche, he probably the best option we have left.

38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We also stuffed Silva at Hull last season too.

The thing we should learn from Koeman is dont get a manager that you have stuffed previously.

Can anyone remember the 3-1 v Burnely last season?

But we smashed City under Pep too, so surely that theory doesn' work?!

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

But we smashed City under Pep too, so surely that theory doesn' work?!

It probabaly doesnt work but it sounded good at the time :)

In fairness, City were probably the better team but we scored and they didnt. I wouldnt say we far superior to them in any way other than the score board.

2 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I feel like everyone is annoyed with him starting 2 DMs the last time out. I believe he sets up 4231 as his favourite formation though. He wants to play that way and probably sees Gana and Morgan our best 2 defenders. I'd imagine he wanted to frustrait Palace and counter when they're vulnerable but with the first goal conceded because of the actions on the players on the pitch, it all went to shit.

I don't think he sets up or has a similar mentality to RK at all. However I also now think it's best we bring in a new man. Maybe even Dyche, he probably the best option we have left.

I'm not suggesting Unsworth has the same mentality as Koeman, in case that's what you are thinking.

But I do feel slightly annoyed by Unsworths post match comments about changing it at half time because "der der der", because I've heard this stuff all season and it is wearing a bit thin now