IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

Problem we have now is if we really have gone all out for Silva, and if there really is no chance of him coming, how can we attract anyone decent with them knowing they aren't really wanted as much?

If we have gone for Silva, my gut feeling us that we have to make that happen now, if press reports are correct. We'll get shafted for fee's and all that but tough shit.

7 hours ago, coxy051 said:

Fat Sam don't sound to bad now dose it? We should have took him till the end of the season to steady the ship like I've said before. It makes me sick even thinking about needing Sam Allardyce to manage Everton. Fact is though we are in a really bad way and if people think getting a Silva or some other fancy name in now to play some nice looking football is going to help us its not happening! We just haven't got the players to play nice football to get us out of it! Basics that's what we need until the end of the season. We can look for someone more adventurous in the summer an rebuild this shit fuck team with a pre season behind us and hopefully some decent players! Oh and sack Steve Walsh tomorrow!  

We may aswell get Big Ron out of retirement

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Moshiri using Jim White again (instead of our official channel? doesn't make sense) saying we are close to hiring someone.

Jim reckons the shortlist is down to three people. My guess is Mike Basset, Gary Goals and the bloke down the pub who says he once had trials at Preston.

Roy Race- you heard it here first ;)

There have to be players we have lined up in January. That's Walsh's job supposedly. We failed towards the end of the transfer market in our pursuits for two positions and we must have been working on something. I have no idea what players we could attract or who is available but if my full time job was scouting and recruiting players a la Walsh, I would have a list as long as your arm. 

It’s all good and well having a long list of names who you want to sign but it’s an altogether different story trying to convince them to join a sinking ship

Fat Sam don't sound to bad now dose it? We should have took him till the end of the season to steady the ship like I've said before. It makes me sick even thinking about needing Sam Allardyce to manage Everton. Fact is though we are in a really bad way and if people think getting a Silva or some other fancy name in now to play some nice looking football is going to help us its not happening! We just haven't got the players to play nice football to get us out of it! Basics that's what we need until the end of the season. We can look for someone more adventurous in the summer an rebuild this shit fuck team with a pre season behind us and hopefully some decent players! Oh and sack Steve Walsh tomorrow!  

We haven’t got the players to play fat Sams brand of football either

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It’s all good and well having a long list of names who you want to sign but it’s an altogether different story trying to convince them to join a sinking ship

Been thinking this myself. Have to insert get out clauses in their contract I guess. The equally big problem is how much clubs are going to ask for players knowing that we are desperate! 

4 minutes ago, Bluemineck said:

Been thinking this myself. Have to insert get out clauses in their contract I guess. The equally big problem is how much clubs are going to ask for players knowing that we are desperate! 

An even bigger problem is what player would want to join our shite?

It’s an attractive option for a manager.

Come to a team that has a squad of players that should be top 8, but are performing like a relegation team. All you need to do is get them motivated again and the points should come.

It shouldn’t be a hard job, and I would be surprised if any manager would turn down the opportunity.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Come to a team that has a squad of players that should be top 8, but are performing like a relegation team. All you need to do is get them motivated again and the points should come.

It shouldn’t be a hard job, and I would be surprised if any manager would turn down the opportunity.

I agree but we haven't been told that managers have been knocking the door down to get the job, hope it's not seen as a poisonous chalice with the better managers.

It’s time to wake up and smell the coffee, this is not a top 8 squad !

Fully agree with Dunc

It's not quite relegation fodder in terms of quality but the mentality work rate and desire sure is, piss poor decisions from Koeman and co has set us back seasons tbh and it will take some very good man management a magic wand and some very wise spending in January to change any of it 

For the likes of the Silva's out there who's stock is high and rising it could ruin their career by taking on a side with no signs of improving  

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I agree... apart from the very elite managers this is a really good project for any manager worth their salt who wants to prove themselves at an established club.

Fully agree with Dunc
It's not quite relegation fodder in terms of quality but the mentality work rate and desire sure is, piss poor decisions from Koeman and co has set us back seasons tbh and it will take some very good man management a magic wand and some very wise spending in January to change any of it 
For the likes of the Silva's out there who's stock is high and rising it could ruin their career by taking on a side with no signs of improving  

I agree , whoever takes the job will be taking a huge gamble

There are no guarantees that we are going to be able to get the players we want in January.

I can’t see any top player wanting to come to us in January so what happens if we end up making panic buys that don’t come off, what if the manager has to make do with what he’s got?

I agree... apart from the very elite managers this is a really good project for any manager worth their salt who wants to prove themselves at an established club.

If it was in the summer and the new man had a full season to get the players he wants in then I would agree but I’m not so sure that many managers would be queuing up to join a relegation scrap

15 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Then why would we want him? 

Any manager that isnt up for the challenge isnt worth a wage. 

There are probably Sunderland fans who said the same thing and several of their managers who wished they hadn't burned their reputation by taking over that dumpster fire.

First and foremost, the modern manager is a career minded professional who knows his ability to make a living is dependent upon results... Knowing that, managers are wise not to put themselves into bad situations that won't have an easy outcome. 

Also, look at the biggest jobs in England right now. Several of them could open in the next year:

Man U: Mourinho seems agitated and looks like he'd love a move to PSG

Chelsea: No way Conte is there in a year

Man City: Haha, Pep is staying. Won't open up.

Arsenal: Would two consecutive seasons of no Champions League be enough to finish off Wenger?

Spurs: Poch could be in line for a bigger job

Liverpool: Seems like people are growing frustrated with Klopp. His job isn't entirely secure. 

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If it was in the summer and the new man had a full season to get the players he wants in then I would agree but I’m not so sure that many managers would be queuing up to join a relegation scrap

We have a better core of players than most bottom half clubs. We lack a real.out and out striker (but have other options) and we lack either a decent CB or defensive system. A decent coach could sort the backline out either by coaching or in the transfer window and that leaves goal scoring. 

Take Silva, it' not like Gray or Deeney are prolific. I'd argue DCL is as good as, or Rooney is a much bigger upgrade than those mentionEd.