IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

3 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

Would I love Diego Simeone here? Yes. Do I love that the club has ambitions for someone of his ilk? Yes. Is there anything remotely realistic about prying Simeone away from Atleti in November? No. 

Do we have to go after an unemployed manager? Of course not. I would be happy to see us make a move for Marco Silva. That said, I'd also be happy to see us go for Ancelotti—an even more decorated manager than Simeone, who is currently without a job, and who has lived in and had success in England. 

If we go for Simeone in the summer, I'll be cheering Farhad on. (Possibly) talking up Simeone right now (again, this is possibly just Sky Sports speculating, since they haven't cited a source) is just a waste of time and energy. It makes me wonder if he might not be dealing with some mental issues. 

See Paddocks post regarding Sky, Sky Betting and Fat Sam.

That's exactly what this is.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Hold my hands up. Thought they'd sold all of it, had a email from skybet saying they'd been taken over and were not part of the sky group anymore. Didn't realise sky still held a stake. 

Even if they didn't own a stake, how much do you think they spend on advertising with Sky?

It's all as crooked as Fat Sam.

On Rowett - why 'not us'?? This fascinates me about football fans, if he's a good manager, why should he have to prove himself at another Prem club first?? The Championship is a hugely competitive league. And we wonder why British managers don't get on!! 

I'd say Wilder is worth a crack at the Prem too the job he's done at Sheff Utd and Northampton before that. 

6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

The fans demand we aim high....we aim high....the fans laugh!

You'd have to be nuts to want to run a football club!

I applaud the ambition but the reality is different. We might as well try and sign Messi and Mbappe while we are at it.

4 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

My worry is if it isn't Simeone we will hear the old faithful line of we tried to aim higher with nigh on zero chance of it even coming off 

We will be palmed off with Allerdyce or Unsworth until the end of the season both of which aren't upto the job imo 

You cynic... I bet you were saying the same before we signed Giroud... oh hold on, Costa... oh dammit.

6 minutes ago, nogs said:

On Rowett - why 'not us'?? This fascinates me about football fans, if he's a good manager, why should he have to prove himself at another Prem club first?? The Championship is a hugely competitive league. And we wonder why British managers don't get on!! 

I'd say Wilder is worth a crack at the Prem too the job he's done at Sheff Utd and Northampton before that. 

If fans wouldn't get excited about Dyche, no way they'd accept Rowett. Completely agree that managing in the Championship is probably as competitive and difficult as the PL in certain ways, and there are good managers deserving of the step up in the league.

3 minutes ago, badaids said:

Am I the only person on here who would find Allardyce an acceptable manager solution?  Considering the fucking appaling situation we are in?

He’d be the man I’d turn to if with 10 games left we’re 9 points from safety - he’s proven there’s not many better. The main problem I’d have, even on a 6month contract, is that he’d have control during the January window and, after the window we’ve just had, there are some big decisions to be made. I realise Walsh would oversee this but any manager would have a say.

What I will say is I doubt many Spurs fans would have chosen Harry Redknapp when he joined them for many of the same reasons why many (including myself) don’t want Big Sam. Redknapp proved a great appointment, providing the foundations that Pochettino has clearly built on. As I’ve said, I don’t want him but will respect any decision EFC make and judge the new manager on results rather than their past/ my perceptions - they’ll start with a clean slate for me.

18 minutes ago, badaids said:

Am I the only person on here who would find Allardyce an acceptable manager solution?  Considering the fucking appaling situation we are in?

I'd prefer him to come more as a mentor for Unsworth. He's the best in the business for getting the basics right and that is something we are massively missing right now. 

1 hour ago, badaids said:

Yes. No one wants him near the club.

Except PeteO, but some of his views are as leftfield as they come. I said 'some'...not all...

Although I am not a fan of Big Sam for any long term appointment at Everton, he's better than Unsworth. We can't afford to have someone learning on the job. There is a chance that Unsworth takes us down. Ive not seen anything in 4 games to suggest otherwise and effort doesn't count by the way! Allardyce would 100% keep us up based on his track record and if our main targets are saying that they aren't considering anything until the end of the season then it isn't a bad appointment. Leaving Unsworth in charge, just in case he turns out to be great, is a huge risk and one that none of us would take if it was our millions invested in the club. What a huge error it would be if we left Unsworth in charge and we did go down......Hindsight is easy but Big Sam is looking like the best available right now in order to maintain our top flight status and go again next year. The January transfer window is relevant but what are the other options? Give it to Unsworth to spend? Anyway, I thought that was Walsh's job??? What is it that he does again???

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:
  1. New players brought in who really make a difference (Beni)
  2. Width added to the team for the first time in months
  3. Players willing to fight back from being 2-0 down

I'd say there are several early signs that indicate Unsworth has what it takes to turn this around.

I disagree. Beni being a positive, he looks like he could be a player but he isn't going to be consistently performing at high levels yet. Adding Kevin Mirallas and Aaron Lennon to your team either side of DCL, for me, stinks of a relegation front line. He dragged them off at half time too. The game against Watford was a freak game, penalties missed/given and although I wasn't at the game, I hear the atmosphere in the last half hour made it impossible for those players to not be fired up. I don't think this was anything that Unsworth influenced. Vlasic not playing is scandulous. Sigurdsson on his own up front is laughable and I think I'm right in saying that Sigurdsson has played maybe 3 different positions in his last two games. Against Watford, purely to accommodate Rooney, who shouldnt be starting games for us. There has been more negatives than positives from Unsworth in his 4 games in charge but I dont want this to be about just slating Unsworth - he's been put in a position he can't say no to, and we have no idea how he would cope with what is a very tough job right now. He needs to go and prove himself elsewhere before we know anything about him as a manager. He has zero experience - zero!!!