IGNORED

Who should replace Koeman?

Who should be Everton's new manager?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see replace Ronald Koeman as manager of Everton?

• Carlo Ancelotti
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Eddie Howe
    • Sean Dyche
    • Brendan Rodgers
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Rafael Benitez
    • David Unsworth
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Someone else
    • Keep Koeman

Allerdyce is the option if we can’t get who we want- I’m convinced of it and if he is appointed (which I don’t think he will be) it’ll only be until the end of the season.

The only crumb of comfort I can take out of this is he’ll take no shit off the likes of Mirallas and we have Walsh to identify players. 

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Allerdyce is the option if we can’t get who we want- I’m convinced of it and if he is appointed (which I don’t think he will be) it’ll only be until the end of the season.

The only crumb of comfort I can take out of this is he’ll take no shit off the likes of Mirallas and we have Walsh to identify players. 

Did u go the cash machine?

Wouldn't surprise me if Fat Sams reps have approached the club and the club, being who they are, have accepted the offer to sit down and listen to what Fat Sam has to say.

Also wouldn't surprise me if this is just a story being run by sports media whom large amounts of income will come from advertising by betting companies (I know, I've said it several times, broken record, but I think it's an obvious thing!)

If it has to be Fat Sam, and please God it is not, then at least its only till the end of the season. I can understand Moshiri's desire to stabilize the club and appoint a interim manager if his permanent choice is not available till the summer.

That said the though of that fool and Craig Shakespeare running our club makes me feel our club has been sullied and dirtied.  

Just now, London Blue said:

If it has to be Fat Sam, and please God it is not, then at least its only till the end of the season. I can understand Moshiri's desire to stabilize the club and appoint a interim manager if his permanent choice is not available till the summer.

That said the though of that fool and Craig Shakespeare running our club makes me feel our club has been sullied and dirtied.  

I don't think it's got anything to do with his man not being available and everything to do with Moshiri being a bit of a fool and panicking.

If this is what happens then I'm going to hope the stories of him only sticking around until the new stadium is built are true.

I think Unsworth should be given a shot until at least Christmas. What’s the point of appointing an interim manager when we’ve already got one who loves the club. He’s just won his first game after 3 of the toughest away games any new manger could get and from coming back from 2 down shows the players are willing to fight for him. I think that win might settle him down and he’ll find the right balance. If we want fat Sam as an interim I don’t want him in charge of a transfer window when we’ll have Andy Carroll & Nolan here in heartbeat. Let’s stay true to Everton values. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think it's got anything to do with his man not being available and everything to do with Moshiri being a bit of a fool and panicking.

If this is what happens then I'm going to hope the stories of him only sticking around until the new stadium is built are true.

To be fair we have been seriously shit, and even under Unsworth the tactics and team have been the same, more passion and fight but still playing without pace and width until half time when he puts Lookman and Lennon on. Repeating the same mistakes as Koeman. 

Then there is Vlesic, our most creative player so far this season and he has not been involved - why?

I love Unsworth, desperately want him to succeed, he is Everton through and through but I think he is out of his depth. Not because he laks the skill, just he does not have the experience.

We need an experienced manager, NOT ALADAYCE, most of our potential targets are not going to be available mid season, if we have to have a temporary manager till then do we trust Unsworth to get it right or look for someone else?

Maybe with time working with the squad he can get a settled team in place with width and pace. In January we can get a striker and that will help allot. Get rid of some of the trouble players, McCarthy, Mirallas, Williams, and if rumours are true then Morgan? 

Question is do we take that risk?  

33 minutes ago, London Blue said:

To be fair we have been seriously shit, and even under Unsworth the tactics and team have been the same, more passion and fight but still playing without pace and width until half time when he puts Lookman and Lennon on. Repeating the same mistakes as Koeman. 

Then there is Vlesic, our most creative player so far this season and he has not been involved - why?

I love Unsworth, desperately want him to succeed, he is Everton through and through but I think he is out of his depth. Not because he laks the skill, just he does not have the experience.

We need an experienced manager, NOT ALADAYCE, most of our potential targets are not going to be available mid season, if we have to have a temporary manager till then do we trust Unsworth to get it right or look for someone else?

Maybe with time working with the squad he can get a settled team in place with width and pace. In January we can get a striker and that will help allot. Get rid of some of the trouble players, McCarthy, Mirallas, Williams, and if rumours are true then Morgan? 

Question is do we take that risk?  

I don't think it is a risk. Unsworth for me has shown he will do enough to ensure we don't go down, which is all we'd bring Fat Sam in to do anyway. He started with width and pace prior to the Watford game - Lennon and Mirallas v Chelsea and Leicester, Lookman and Lennon v Lyon. We lost those three games - so this management lark isn't as easy as we all think. Vlasic sounds like it's an internal club disciplinary issue so is out of his hands. 

Unless the 'top European coach' they've got lined up is Emery or similar, I see no reason not to give the job to Unsworth to the end of the season. We don't want Allardyce, Dyche is just as much of a risk I'm. Give Unsworth till the summer, if we finish bottom half after struggling then look for someone else, if he exceeds expectations and gets us in the top 8, happy days. 

28 minutes ago, nogs said:

I don't think it is a risk. Unsworth for me has shown he will do enough to ensure we don't go down, which is all we'd bring Fat Sam in to do anyway. He started with width and pace prior to the Watford game - Lennon and Mirallas v Chelsea and Leicester, Lookman and Lennon v Lyon. We lost those three games - so this management lark isn't as easy as we all think. Vlasic sounds like it's an internal club disciplinary issue so is out of his hands. 

Unless the 'top European coach' they've got lined up is Emery or similar, I see no reason not to give the job to Unsworth to the end of the season. We don't want Allardyce, Dyche is just as much of a risk I'm. Give Unsworth till the summer, if we finish bottom half after struggling then look for someone else, if he exceeds expectations and gets us in the top 8, happy days. 

Ah yes the Lyon game, would that be the one where he started with no striker?

Leicester I grant you was a decent line up and formation, but he did not play Vlasic our most creative player. I would like to know what the disciplinary problem is, but I would like to think that it would have been resolved after 3 weeks and he would be available to play given our dire need.

On that note why are we having so many disciplinary problems at the moment.

Watford, players out of position, no pace.

There are many managers I would take, Silva, Tuchel, Santo, Ancilloti, Blanc all potential managers.

I don't know, like I said I hope Unsworth makes it, I really do, I just worry its too much for him.

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The fans demand we aim high....we aim high....the fans laugh!

You'd have to be nuts to want to run a football club!

If he didn't have a job, I wouldn't laugh. But, he currently has a job. And, it's not at Burnley or Watford, but at one of the best clubs in the world in recent years. Why would he leave that job? This isn't ambition. It's fantasy. 

4 minutes ago, JoeQuince said:

If he didn't have a job, I wouldn't laugh. But, he currently has a job. And, it's not at Burnley or Watford, but at one of the best clubs in the world in recent years. Why would he leave that job? This isn't ambition. It's fantasy. 

honestly i applaud the man for having high standards and wanting the best.  i'm sure he would have offered him whatever wages he wanted to come here.  Simeone has been somewhat stagnant over there because they are in such massive debt they are always selling to buy and pocketing half the profits.  It's not realistic but i do appreciate that he thinks we deserve a manager like that.

4 minutes ago, JoeQuince said:

So it's aim high...but only for a manager who is unemployed?

At the end of the day, I very much doubt we'd attract Simone or someone of that ilk (unless he wanted a new challenge or is having problems at the club etc) but IF....IF...Moshiri has shown such ambition, even if it is a bit of a fantasy, then fair play to him. Better than just looking at a bunch of Fat Sam's.

35 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

So it's aim high...but only for a manager who is unemployed?

At the end of the day, I very much doubt we'd attract Simone or someone of that ilk (unless he wanted a new challenge or is having problems at the club etc) but IF....IF...Moshiri has shown such ambition, even if it is a bit of a fantasy, then fair play to him. Better than just looking at a bunch of Fat Sam's.

Would I love Diego Simeone here? Yes. Do I love that the club has ambitions for someone of his ilk? Yes. Is there anything remotely realistic about prying Simeone away from Atleti in November? No. 

Do we have to go after an unemployed manager? Of course not. I would be happy to see us make a move for Marco Silva. That said, I'd also be happy to see us go for Ancelotti—an even more decorated manager than Simeone, who is currently without a job, and who has lived in and had success in England. 

If we go for Simeone in the summer, I'll be cheering Farhad on. (Possibly) talking up Simeone right now (again, this is possibly just Sky Sports speculating, since they haven't cited a source) is just a waste of time and energy. It makes me wonder if he might not be dealing with some mental issues. 

6 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Oh and it wont be Simeone either anyone thinking there’s even a sniff of a chance will be disappointed

My worry is if it isn't Simeone we will hear the old faithful line of we tried to aim higher with nigh on zero chance of it even coming off 

We will be palmed off with Allerdyce or Unsworth until the end of the season both of which aren't upto the job imo 

10 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

My worry is if it isn't Simeone we will hear the old faithful line of we tried to aim higher with nigh on zero chance of it even coming off 

We will be palmed off with Allerdyce or Unsworth until the end of the season both of which aren't upto the job imo 

The cynic in me thinks that is exactly what’s going to happen.

56 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Interestingly the last time we won anything without a former player in the boss's chair was in 1939 when we were managed by "committee".

I'm still firmly in the "give Unsy more time" camp.

If it's between Unsworth and Allerdyce... then there's no competition. Sam is a crook and is not meant for Everton.

12 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I'd much rather we aim high for someone like Simione than trawl the depths of dross with fat Sam, hopefully it does show that all the crap about Sam being in the picture is all sky talk and rubbish.

Fat Sam has said he hasn't been contacted by Everton. So, unless he's obfuscating, it's likely rubbish.